Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh? One more reason not to book a codeshare.
Of course you'll get the code from the FA in that case.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Oh? One more reason not to book a codeshare.
One more reason not to book Finnair at all as they have problems delivering promises to their (and other OW) elite member. These codeshare problems have been around for over a year (after AY moved to the single-PNR Amadeus) and apparently they cannot care less.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:09 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by aama
Of course you'll get the code from the FA in that case.
My FA was very nice, but she no clue about this issue. I saw no need to escalate, paid 5000 points and sent an email to Plat address. Reply states that when flying with AA (or other non-AY, I guess) ticket, Plat is not entitled to full flight's wifi.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by SPBanker
My FA was very nice, but she no clue about this issue. I saw no need to escalate, paid 5000 points and sent an email to Plat address. Reply states that when flying with AA (or other non-AY, I guess) ticket, Plat is not entitled to full flight's wifi.
That's total BS and you should definitely challenge that clueless answer with Plat line.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by esledo
One more reason not to book Finnair at all as they have problems delivering promises to their (and other OW) elite member.

As far as I know, AY is the only airline that offers free and unlimited wifi for Plats for the whole duration of the flight, regardless of travel class. In my books, that's a huge plus and makes the flight feel so much shorter.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I suppose then they see it so that Plat is not entitled to advance seat selection or free drink either when flying codeshare, as that is how AYs systems currently work.

It is also disturbing that after a year of this absurdity FAs (and the AY staff in general) are again unaware of the issue, especially on routes like LHR and JFK which I suppose are pretty popular in terms of codeshares and OWEs.

As far as I know, AY is the only airline that offers free and unlimited wifi for Plats for the whole duration of the flight, regardless of travel class. In my books, that's a huge plus and makes the flight feel so much shorter.
I do agree that it is a nice benefit and I have used it several times, too. However, I cannot accept how lackluster their implementation is currently to deliver this and other benefits to Plats/OWEs when flying on codeshares.

Last edited by esledo; Jun 27, 2018 at 10:06 pm
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Strange - flew HKG-HEL with wife Wednesday (different PRN) Points posted to me by Friday morning (!), hers not yet till Saturday.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Anyone with issues getting 0 points for upgraded flights?
I have 2 segment of R light, upgraded to F that has posted to the account, but not counting as qualifying flights and posted as 0 points.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I have 2 segment of R light, upgraded to F that has posted to the account, but not counting as qualifying flights and posted as 0 points.
I had this problem couple months ago. Retroclaim says points have been posted so two emails to Janica and 6weeks later some other department fixed points for me
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
I'm currently in the US, and recently flew two AA domestics. They were both credited one day after the flight. AY flights never credit that fast.
Interesting. That also happened with my AA domestic flights in May 2018. But, now, it's been over a week, and nothing... I wonder if something went wrong, or it they're just slow for whatever reason.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Has anyone ever gotten RJ flights posted automatically to AY? It's now been 5 weeks and not a single segment of my 4 flight itinerary has posted.

And before anyone asks, yes, I'm doing it by the book - submitted a retro request 2 weeks after the return journey, 1,5 weeks from that the flights appeared on my account with the dreaded zero points and asterisk ("waiting for confirmation from RJ") and I'm still waiting. Something tells me RJ isn't going to answer to their request...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Has anyone ever gotten RJ flights posted automatically to AY? ....
Yes, back in 2013. Can't remember how long it took.
Someone here (IIRC it is NoWindowSeat) has flown a lot of RJ, he might know more.

Originally Posted by Sorte
Originally Posted by intuition
I had this problem couple months ago. Retroclaim says points have been posted so two emails to Janica and 6weeks later some ”other department” fixed points for me
I contacted plat line and was told that my 0-points entries was not my flights but something else, and that points would/should appear in 2 weeks time. But lo and behold, half a day later, the 0-points entries were updated to correct number of points. So this issue might still exist.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:22 am

Something's up again - none of the 8 flights I took within the last 1,5 weeks have posted - including three BA flights which used to be really fast in posting.

To quote the gentleman who was annoyed by the BA "kids first" boarding procedure the other day: "This is a bloody disgrace".
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:41 am

Hah, just as I posted that the floodgates opened and five flights posted at once. Go figure.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My flights from last week both posted after three days, which is pretty normal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.