Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
I had my AA flights show up as "Validation failed". First 2 missing segments on the outbound posted after 48hrs of calling to the CS.

Now one of the inbound flights showed up as failed as well, even though I called CS.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Update - plat CS added the flight manually within a few hours of my email. AY flight, so easier than with AA, QR, etc flights that need additional confirmations.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by R2
Yes. My QR flights from 4 April still not posted.
Originally Posted by Leo123
I am on the same situation. 2 flights on QR and one in AY over week ago and none of those have been posted. And also waiting SEB MC points for last month so this have not been great month for points posting times perspective
Originally Posted by asparagus
Points from QR have been posted awfully slow since last year already. I've got six QR legs not posted from Feb, just too lazy to do anything about that
OK, thanks a lot for these replies!
I wanted to really see the points in AY+ account before I started to credit elsewhere (for flights past 150k). I guess it won't happen.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi guys,

So when do AY flights normally post again? On day 5 after the flight?

Also if we use upgrade certificates, will we still get tier points based on original booking class or when we upgrade using the upgrade voucher, we wont get tier points/km any longer?

Thanks so much!

PS: took 12 QR flights in the last 6 months and all of them posted on a Wednesday IMEs. So either i get them the day after (tuesday flight) or a week after (Wednesday flight)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Normally, yes something like 4-5 days to post.

Upgraded flights always posts per original booking class. This works without a hitch, nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by intuition
Normally, yes something like 4-5 days to post.

Upgraded flights always posts per original booking class. This works without a hitch, nothing to worry about.
Thank you intuition
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Originally Posted by sueco6
More than 14 days since my AB-flights, yet not posted despite a reminder to Finnair :-((
AB seems to be very reluctant to credit segments/points. In recent months, I've taken several AB flights and none of those have been credited without retroclaim. Even the retroclaim is rather tricky. An usual answer to the AY's online form is "validation failed" and getting the AB flights credited requires contacting the AY's customer service.

Now I'm still waiting my Eastern weekend flights to be credited. Somehow the last one of the four AB segments was credited on the next day. The other segments are still missing. Propably I have to wait until the 14 days is up and fill the claim form - once again.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supatight80
Thank you intuition
Ughh it's now day 6 and my 2 AY flights havent posted

BA takes 2-3 days for me. QR posts on each Wednesday. IB always need retroclaim and AY seems to have no logic when they post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, there apparently are some issues currently. But there is nothing you can do until 14 days have passed, as that is the limit AY+ has set themselves. I have a few QR flights missing so they are going into the retroclaim procedure tomorrow.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by aama
I had my AA flights show up as "Validation failed". First 2 missing segments on the outbound posted after 48hrs of calling to the CS.

Now one of the inbound flights showed up as failed as well, even though I called CS.
After sending the details to the AY+ points email address, the points showed up the following day.

I'm going to save that email address
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

So today (a Wednesday as predicted) a QR flight from 3 days ago have posted which actually is faster than flights on the same day posting to QR's own program.

However, flights from 14 days ago have not posted, which leads me to believe that AY+ have had issues the past few weeks which may have been sorted now for new postings, but they are on backlog for older postings.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:17 am

Use this one, and write in english.

finnair.fppoints at finnair.fi
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
WTH now again????
I see today apperaed a line on account, -469 poiints for AB flight which I took months ago. Now I dont know if I had gotten credited too many points (which happen sometimes with codeshares) and they corrected it or what. I dont track excel so how can I be sure AYs line items are right or not? In any case I see that points are reduced now so that line item was not just "technical"
Extremely annoying and creating distrust in AYs account management. I am so sick of these points failpostings.
Shame AY big time as this reoccurring longtime
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Posting the points seems very slow now. Recent flight HEL-ICN 14 days, flight back to HEL 12 days. HEL-EUR 7 days, back to HEL 5 days. All AY flights.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Silver
Yeah there is definitely something wrong with their points system.
I had 2 weeks ago economy class flight where I upgraded one of the HEL-CDG leg with points. Base Y points didn't show up on my statement.
I wrote an e-mail to AY Gold support email and she actually confirmed that she was unable to fix it. So she forwarded my issue to another department.
It's now fixed.

So hint for you: don't assume that everything is working automatically with Finnair systems. Write an e-mail, call, escalate. This appears to be only way to make things happen with this company.

Last edited by muhv; Apr 28, 2017 at 1:58 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.