FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   Lounges in Shanghai/PVG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1753879-lounges-shanghai-pvg.html)

Purjelentaja Mar 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Lounges in Shanghai/PVG

Finnair seems to have two lounges nowadays at PVG:
- Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific Lounge
- Lounge Number 77

Any experience of either and which one is more recommendable? To my understanding there are no other useable OW lounges at PVG.

Thanks!

Courmisch Mar 18, 2016 1:40 pm

When I was at the CX lounge, it was okay, though a bit crowded, and horribly complicated Internet access procedure (meaning even worse than your typical Mainland Chinese WiFi).

Steve_Hun Mar 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Was in the CX / KA lounge in Nov. The place looked a bit dull, almost a little run down. Dumplings were great, otherwise nothing really exciting.

SPBanker Mar 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 26352235)
Was in the CX / KA lounge in Nov. The place looked a bit dull, almost a little run down. Dumplings were great, otherwise nothing really exciting.

Can anyone give me example of a great lounge in Mainland China? Seriously.

mosburger Mar 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun (Post 26352235)

Not applicable to the morning AY departure but at lunchtime they do serve a rather tasty noodle set from a cart next to the communal dining table.

cistavoda Mar 19, 2016 3:29 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker (Post 26352289)
Can anyone give me example of a great lounge in Mainland China? Seriously.

China Eastern lounge at HGH was great by Chinese standards!

Purjelentaja Mar 19, 2016 4:13 am

Thanks for your comments!

Anyone been to that Lounge Number 77?

remymartin Mar 19, 2016 10:44 pm

It's opened last spring so likely you could find more opinions on the ba forum.

Here's some info, though
http://www.ausbt.com.au/plaza-premium-china-eastern-open-new-shanghai-lounge

warakorn Mar 21, 2016 4:17 am

Anyone been to that Lounge Number 77?
Is that the old Shanghai Airlines lounge, which was open to Star Alliance status/biz passengers until February 2014)

warakorn Mar 21, 2016 4:22 am

- Lounge Number 77
Is there any official information that status and biz pax on AY can use the Lounge Number 77?
I do not understand why China Eastern is building a new lounge in Terminal 2.

Purjelentaja Mar 21, 2016 4:35 am

Originally Posted by warakorn (Post 26363007)
Is there any official information that status and biz pax on AY can use the Lounge Number 77?
I do not understand why China Eastern is building a new lounge in Terminal 2.

Shanghai/Pudong International
Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific Lounge
Finnair Plus Platinum members, Finnair Plus Gold members, Finnair Plus Silver members, Finnair Club members, Business Class passengers
Terminal 2, after security control, 4th floor, lift to lounge opposite gate D69.

Lounge Number 77
Finnair Plus Platinum members, Finnair Plus Gold members, Finnair Plus Silver members, Finnair Club members, Business Class passengers
Near gate 77.

http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/informa...rt/lounge-list

warakorn Mar 21, 2016 7:14 am

Shanghai/Pudong International
Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific Lounge
Terminal 2, after security control, 4th floor, lift to lounge opposite gate D69.

Lounge Number 77
Near gate 77.
What about OWS and OWE departing on AY?

Purjelentaja Mar 29, 2016 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja (Post 26351958)
Finnair seems to have two lounges nowadays at PVG:
- Dragon Air and Cathay Pacific Lounge
- Lounge Number 77

Any experience of either and which one is more recommendable? To my understanding there are no other useable OW lounges at PVG.

Thanks!

Answering my own question. I was at Lounge number 77 yesterday and it is not bad. Spacious, reasonable food and drinks offering, though for instance their signature dish Shanghainese dumplings were not fresh but dry. Didn't go to CX lounge, as AY had rerouted me to Virgin Atlantic and they prob wouldn't have allowed me in. Wifi worked fine. I had expected much worse, and was positively surprised. I found 77 to be reasonably comfortable lounge to wait for your flight.

jah718 Mar 29, 2016 9:12 pm

I have only been in the CX/KA lounge and by China standards it is a good lounge. By everywhere else's standards, it is quite bad. I believe they now have a simplified internet login process, the old one seemed to be a major gripe for most passengers. All in all, the lounge has a respectable food and drink offering and good seating.

I have not been in the 77 lounge yet. I will be in PVG tomorrow though and I have some lounge buddy credits so I might give it a look see and will report back.

LoungeEnthusiast Mar 30, 2016 2:23 am

Went to CX/KA lounge this morning. Quite spacious, ok food, but really nothing special. Wifi was good and easy to log in. Apparently AY tries to direct J passengers to use Lounge 77, since my J ticket was not enough to grant access to the CX lounge (had to show my AB Gold). But having read Purjelentaja's description of Lounge 77, I think it might even be better. CX lounge didn't, for example, offer a any hot food options in the morning.

Now on board AY58 above Ural. Have to say I have been happy with A350 both on the outbound and inbound legs.