Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Shanghai/PVG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
CX lounges outside of HKG can be best compared to domestic lounges in the US - esp. food-wise.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by warakorn
CX lounges outside of HKG can be best compared to domestic lounges in the US - esp. food-wise.
In case of the one in PVG, you are absolutely right, but at least the one they used to have in LHR (currently closed for renovation) was pretty high up in their offerings!

And in a bit over a month from now I'll get to experience the one in HND, which should be pretty decent, as well!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:13 am
Suspended

CX ICN lounge is also a joke food-wise.
I have never been to the CX lounge at LHR T3, but I haven't heard much good about it.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
I have never been to the CX lounge at LHR T3, but I haven't heard much good about it.
As has been discussed here previously, the CX First lounge at LHR T3 was really nice (and accessible even with AY Gold). Don't have experience of the J lounge, though. Interesting to see the lounge(s) when they open again after renovation.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
As has been discussed here previously, the CX First lounge at LHR T3 was really nice (and accessible even with AY Gold). Don't have experience of the J lounge, though. Interesting to see the lounge(s) when they open again after renovation.
Yep, when the lady at the reception sent me to the F lounge of CX in LHR Terminal 3 w/ my AY+ Gold, I thought she made a mistake and just kept my mouth shut

But back in my Silver times, I've visited the J lounge and out of all the OW J lounges in T3, by a long mile it was the best one...
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Yep, I hope the new CX LHR T3 lounge will be even better when they open again. IMHO the F part of that CX lounge won BA GF hands down even before renovation - and for CX it is an outstation, for BA their home base!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Why is that (at ICN)? I spent some time there twice in March, once for breakfast and the other time for lunch and was quite satisfied.

Breakfast time: Dim sum, congee, toast/ham/cheese, a few salads, fruits, cereal, yoghurt, orange/tomato/apple etc. juice, coffee and tea selection

Lunch time: Bulgogi, rice, hot sauces, sandwiches, salad selection, fruits, cheese & crackers, soft drinks, wine selection, Korean alcohol, various spirits

I don't know what constitutes acceptable lounge food offerings, but for me CX at ICN has never disappointed.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:06 am
Suspended

I don't know what constitutes acceptable lounge food offerings, but for me CX at ICN has never disappointed.
The benchmark is located only 20 meters away. The Asiana Business Lounge in the satellite terminal.
Compare the food!

Asiana Lounge, satellite (hot food is in the back section):

CX Lounge (just snacks, dim-sum were meiola -> all eaten away)

Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
CX lounge food has been solid in both LHR and CDG. In CDG the kitchen is open style ^
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
The benchmark is located only 20 meters away. The Asiana Business Lounge in the satellite terminal.
Compare the food!

Asiana Lounge, satellite (hot food is in the back section):

CX Lounge (just snacks, dim-sum were meiola -> all eaten away)

Can't see the pics?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:01 am
Suspended

...because the photo hoster might be blocked by your country, ISP or employer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.