Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Uou can access T5 south galleries, I have been there in showers. IIRC I have showered also in GF north. I was flying BA club longhaul and could use Elemis but did not since the queue was looooong
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Uou can access T5 south galleries, I have been there in showers. IIRC I have showered also in GF north. I was flying BA club longhaul and could use Elemis but did not since the queue was looooong
Well, that is just my point. I am not in BA dormitory class, but in BA cattle class shorthaul. So from what you write I can't be sure if it will work for me, i.e. if you were allowed access to showers based on ticket type or on tier status.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The showers were inside lounge so IIRC there was no check of flight class. I might remember wrong. I am quite confident you acccess lounges with your black card and also then showers
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:07 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by FFlash
The showers were inside lounge so IIRC there was no check of flight class. I might remember wrong. I am quite confident you acccess lounges with your black card and also then showers
In either case, T3 or T5, the showers are not inside the lounges. And there is a great difference between just showering or having an Elemis treatment. Read my earlier post about eligibility. SH emeralds may not get in. but still worth a try, in particular, if there is no congestion.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by TTL
In either case, T3 or T5, the showers are not inside the lounges. And there is a great difference between just showering or having an Elemis treatment. Read my earlier post about eligibility. SH emeralds may not get in. but still worth a try, in particular, if there is no congestion.
Originally Posted by TTL
BA long haul ticket, either departing or arriving, and any Emerald card should enable the access to T5 showers next to CCR entrance (and nearby the GF entrance). And the same in T3 showers between the entrances to GF and GC.
Am I correct to conclude that showers are not a part of Galleries first and therefore ow access rules does not apply?

This was my worry from the beginning so I feel I am back at square one. So what lounge at LHR terminal 5 has showers and adheres to oneworld lounge rules?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Reading through the BA thread I actually found info on my question.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20939964-post98.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20943673-post99.html

At least three years ago it ws suggested that "showers are not part of Elemis but a part of Lounge, even though showers are located outside lounge"
Therefore oneworld access rules should apply and there is no such thing as a requirement of a BA longhaul ticket. Emerald and a same day OW ticket should suffice.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 3:45 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Reading through the BA thread I actually found info on my question.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20939964-post98.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20943673-post99.html

At least three years ago it ws suggested that "showers are not part of Elemis but a part of Lounge, even though showers are located outside lounge"
Therefore oneworld access rules should apply and there is no such thing as a requirement of a BA longhaul ticket. Emerald and a same day OW ticket should suffice.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did on Thursday at T3. Spa treatments are a different matter.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:19 am
Suspended

The biggest problem you face is that for whatever reason there is always a huge waiting time for the showers.

And that the shower rooms are ugly, but that's not a huge deal, other than for BA's image.

If you depart from T5B there are additional showers there. Not sure if it's optimal to go for those though because you might be stuck. Maybe ask at the Galleries Lounges.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You can get back to T5A from T5B by using the underground walkway. Do not use the transit system to try and get back as that won't work.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by mpkz
The biggest problem you face is that for whatever reason there is always a huge waiting time for the showers.

And that the shower rooms are ugly, but that's not a huge deal, other than for BA's image.
And there are no wall sockets for electric utensils. I once had a meltdown with the staff, bare-foot and with wet hair. Blaming it on the jetlag.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Ey, there are plenty of sockets in the main lounge, and I don't think they have a towel mandatory rule either!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
No towel rule. But I will not straighten my hair in the main lounge. I would lose the last bit of biz credibility.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE) since 2007, Star Alliance Gold, Jetairways Gold, Sky Team Silver
Cathay lounge is still closed even though it was supposed to reopen in July 2016. The LHR T3 BA First lounge is ok but a bit fatigued and worn down in my view. The food is ok but nothing special for a BA First lounge. And they have recently changed the champagnes to an unknown brand which I didn't find very tasty. The T3 AA Flagship lounge is nowadays a better option with better service (attendant at entrance and offered seat/drink), food and champagne. Once Cathay First opens I'm sure it will be the best of the three.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
No towel rule. But I will not straighten my hair in the main lounge. I would lose the last bit of biz credibility.
I understand the "no towel" part and I think it would add a certain buzz to the main lounge, but you lost me right after that with the hair straigthening bit
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
As noted on the CX board it now seems to be end of September for the CX lounge reopening http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27160803-post137.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.