Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockmann thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Has anyone received AY points for Stockmann shopping recently?
Yes - points are posting weekly.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Has anyone received AY points for Stockmann shopping recently? I thought that campaign was over long ago, but last week I saw it advertised at Stockmann's tills and the lady said, that yes, it's still going on.
1, I did not know that it is/was a limited time campaign, I thought they have agreed on an indefinite cooperation (except for the extra award points for flights, but as I wasn't a tier customer of Stockmann at the point of the start yet, I did not get those anyway)

2, I'm pretty sure that at least for the second week of May I haven't yet received my points, while the third week has already posted. Also, no points since 24 May (the last week of May should have posted by now)

3, OT, but am also waiting for booking.com to post for booking I had in SIN with them and the 1-2 month AY mentions on their site for the posting of points have already passed... Probably will send an e-mail to Gold CS tomorrow to inquire about them.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by loimu
One thing that has remained unclear to me ever since the AY-Stockmann cooperation began: apparently it should be possible to pay with AY points when shopping at the department stores but I haven't seen any instructions on how to do that nor what would be the AY Plus point - spent € conversion rate. Not that I would use this payment method anyway - but still information I've tried to look for, out of curiosity.
They haven't published the conversion rate AFAIK. However you can ask the cashier for your AY+ balance, it shows up as € on their system after swiping your Stockmann card.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
2, I'm pretty sure that at least for the second week of May I haven't yet received my points, while the third week has already posted. Also, no points since 24 May (the last week of May should have posted by now)
Same here, though was traveling both weeks, so should not have received any
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Exactly the same here.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by cistavoda
They haven't published the conversion rate AFAIK. However you can ask the cashier for your AY+ balance, it shows up as € on their system after swiping your Stockmann card.
Ok, interesting. Perhaps not the most customer friendly solution. Usually spending money or points is something people like to plan and understand before going to the checkout. Also, perhaps the Stockmann staff could proactively offer people the possibility by asking something like "by the way, you have the possibility to pay with 15k points insted of cash". But maybe the AY points payment option isn't something that flashes on their screens every time a registered AY+ customer shows their Stockmann card.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by remymartin
Their tier benefits are weak (unless First)
I tend to see different here. I think the Exclusive level is quite easy to reach if you like shopping "centralized" at Stockmann instead of running around street boutiques and there are some decent benefits even at that level such as free parking which can save you quite some if you take use of that benefit.

On the contrary I see First level too high to strive for in comparison for the extra benefits which I see quite lame addition. Well now with the lowered threshold, I may change opinion...YMMV
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
I tend to see different here. I think the Exclusive level is quite easy to reach if you like shopping "centralized" at Stockmann instead of running around street boutiques and there are some decent benefits even at that level such as free parking which can save you quite some if you take use of that benefit.
Exclusive does not require you to shop at Stockmann, it suffices that you shop with the Mastercard. And for me the threshold has been low enough as more rewarding cards are too often not accepted => using the Stockmann card in those cases.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by theBro
Exclusive does not require you to shop at Stockmann, it suffices that you shop with the Mastercard. And for me the threshold has been low enough as more rewarding cards are too often not accepted => using the Stockmann card in those cases.
Oh, I did not realize that, shopping elsewhere too adds up on tier level then? Well, then I guess my daughter can get her first shiny card in 1 day oops
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by FFlash
Sure.. If you live far enough to need to drive there!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
For Exclusive, you can shop anywhere. For First, you need to shop at Stockmann.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by remymartin
Sure.. If you live far enough to need to drive there!
Distances longer than the car are meant to be driven.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Now I've got points posted from Stockmann on 7 June, but that means it again skipped a week (and I'm 100% sure that I did do shopping there, as I do almost all my grocery shopping with them).
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Same here. Not that it is many points but it is still nice to get.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:19 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Am I the only one who has encountered delay in posting Finnair points earned by shopping at Stockmann? T&C states that points are added within 10 working days. However, I've needed to wait for my points to be posted for three or four weeks lately. I do grocery shopping at Stockmann weekly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.