Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Why does Finnair keep changing my selected seats? For two flights scheduled in the next 2 months, without any equipment change. Moved without notice from 10A to 24A, and from 6C to 11C.

I went to check on MMB and moved back again to my original seats without any issue, they were available.... It’s a mystery to me why these seats just randomly change. Let’s see if they change again in the next few weeks.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Sounds like the curtain has moved, at least temporarily. It’s annoying especially when they don’t notify you for these changes.
esledo likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Made a pre-order on my wife's flight, called CS to confirm it is possibile and then called preorder-line to confirm passenger change -> today got an email from preorder-team that because I was not in the passenger manifest, they cancelled my order.
Great Job on encouraging people to preorder...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Why does Finnair keep changing my selected seats? For two flights scheduled in the next 2 months, without any equipment change. Moved without notice from 10A to 24A, and from 6C to 11C.

I went to check on MMB and moved back again to my original seats without any issue, they were available.... It’s a mystery to me why these seats just randomly change. Let’s see if they change again in the next few weeks.
Happened for my flight a week ago, they did change the curtain constantly and also again during check-in time... Quite annoying.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:57 pm
Suspended

My friend's experiences on Finnair (as a non-status PAX) in the past 2.5 weeks:
HKG-HEL diverted to PEK, ultimately arrived about 26 hours late after taking off from PEK only to return to PEK. Luggage arrived 40 hours late. Compensation still pending.
HEL-RIX no problems
RIX-HEL takeoff delayed about 30-45 mins (not sure about arrival)
HEL-TXL no problems
TXL-HEL initially threatened to move her to the next flight because of overbooking, TXL staff claimed to be unable to check luggage to HKG via HEL on two separate AY bookings. in HEL at the baggage claim (arrivals services) she found out that indeed the bag had been tagged to HKG and she received a bag tag there.
HEL-HKG the bag doesn't show up. she calls them, they have no idea where it is. over the weekend, staff are unable to find the bag and for some reason unable to help on the weekend. Finally gets the bag 5 days late.

She won't be flying Finnair much again I think... I really hope they don't start pulling the typical AY crap on the EU261 and buying clothes claims..

Last edited by mpkz; Jun 25, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by mpkz
TXL-HEL initially threatened to move her to the next flight because of overbooking, TXL staff claimed to be unable to check luggage to HKG via HEL on two separate AY bookings. in HEL at the baggage claim (arrivals services) she found out that indeed the bag had been tagged to HKG and she received a bag tag there.
There is one guy in TXL that I believe has some kind of creepy fun to threaten people. Had a couple of issues with him in the past. Wonder if this was that guy, somewhere in the fourties with glasses?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Made a pre-order on my wife's flight, called CS to confirm it is possibile and then called preorder-line to confirm passenger change -> today got an email from preorder-team that because I was not in the passenger manifest, they cancelled my order.
Great Job on encouraging people to preorder...
After contacting preorder-line, they noticed the past history and reinitiated the order, today the delivery was also partially successfull though few items were not delivered ->5€ voucher for preorders.

But overall, given the change of passenger name was in the end clearly in their system, quite bad service on not even trying to contact the customer but just plainly cancelling the order (which wasn't just 3€ koristeluraappa).
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
There is one guy in TXL that I believe has some kind of creepy fun to threaten people. Had a couple of issues with him in the past. Wonder if this was that guy, somewhere in the fourties with glasses?
No idea who it was... I guess it was less of a threat than "computer has picked the person with a connecting flight to be bumped and TXL staff are too incompetent to do anything about that"
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Right now at HEL, there is one person serving the line for OWR and OWS, and absolutely no-one for OWE. Great service... Always love queueing...
remymartin, esledo and on22cz like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
CS via e-mail for plat customer is painfully slow. Got a reply today, almost 2 full business days after sending a request. But before that I had already given up on them and called, only to find platinum phone line had zero seconds wait.

Didn't they usually reply within hour(s) in the past?
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by intuition
CS via e-mail for plat customer is painfully slow. Got a reply today, almost 2 full business days after sending a request. But before that I had already given up on them and called, only to find platinum phone line had zero seconds wait.

Didn't they usually reply within hour(s) in the past?
Had the same experience, wait over 48hours for the first reply, the second was about 18 hours response time. In the past it was way faster.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Greetings from AY2.

Napue is no more, Arctic Blue has replaced it.

For some this might be „well done AY...“, depending on your preference.

esledo likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by florens
Greetings from AY2.

That´s at least for a month or so, the good thing it´s also Arctic Blue on SH now. (instead of Bombay or whatever).

For me Artic Blue was fine, I never liked all the greens and berries in the Naque.
esledo likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Ed Size
That´s at least for a month or so, the good thing it´s also Arctic Blue on SH now. (instead of Bombay or whatever).

For me Artic Blue was fine, I never liked all the greens and berries in the Naque.
Could well be. Our last flight had Napue, which was on 16.6.19.

They serve Arctic Blue with bilberries.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by florens
Greetings from AY2.

Last week AY86, Arctic Blue on offer, but ”we still have some Napue back there, if you prefer it”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.