Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
A couple of weeks ago there was no response to my upgrade request by the old email form in 5 days. I ended up calling in and the request was put right away on the waiting list. Upgrade eventually cleared about 4h before the departure (noted that from BP in the app).
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:24 am

Finnair sells tickets with I-I connection in Shanghai and even checks bags to the final destination. HOWEVER, it does not work and bags will always appear in carusel in Shanghai, where bags must be retrieved and re-checked on landside. Last time finnair check-in agent insisted to check luggage to final destination (no short check possibility), however, it was waiting for me in Shanghai

This also keeps acceptable MCT quite high, since queue to TWOV-counter is sometimes quite long.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
Finnair sells tickets with I-I connection in Shanghai and even checks bags to the final destination. HOWEVER, it does not work and bags will always appear in carusel in Shanghai, where bags must be retrieved and re-checked on landside. Last time finnair check-in agent insisted to check luggage to final destination (no short check possibility), however, it was waiting for me in Shanghai
On which routes does AY sell I-I connections in Shanghai?

If the bags are checked through to the final destination, how is the passenger supposed to know that the bags show up on the carousel in Shanghai, other than going to the carousel to check if the bags show up there? What happens if the passenger simply assumes that there is no reason to go landside, considering that AY told that the bags were checked through to the destination? I don't think I've ever taken a look at the carousel at a transit airport if I have reason to believe that the bags will go to the final destination.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Some person

If the bags are checked through to the final destination, how is the passenger supposed to know that the bags show up on the carousel in Shanghai, other than going to the carousel to check if the bags show up there? What happens if the passenger simply assumes that there is no reason to go landside, considering that AY told that the bags were checked through to the destination? I don't think I've ever taken a look at the carousel at a transit airport if I have reason to believe that the bags will go to the final destination.
At least TPE and PUS.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2

If the bags are checked through to the final destination, how is the passenger supposed to know that the bags show up on the carousel in Shanghai, other than going to the carousel to check if the bags show up there?
How is the passenger even supposed to go to the carousel? It's after immigration.
Ed Size and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Had a pretty bad business class flight from AMS to HEL last Friday. Service was extremely slow, they started serving food about 1.5 hours after takeoff. When I finished my last bite it was only minutes until the seatbelt sign went on for approach. Purser was doing all sorts of other stuff such as collecting garbage from economy passengers. No proactive service such as topping up drinks. When food was finally served it was done on a dirty tray. Tomato sauce from the lasagna was everywhere. There was no dessert on the tray either and I thought they might would serve it later on do didn’t bother to ask. But no, nothing.

Then when I wifi in the beginning in the flight and disconnected for later use, my wifi wouldnt connect anymore later in the flight. Saying I had used all my minutes already. I asked the purser what to do and she told me she was unable to help me as she didn’t have vouchers. Shouldn’t they have these available at all times?

Some things I mentioned above can happen in isolated cases, but everything altogether is just called poor service so I did file a complaint for this.
ffay005 and esledo like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
@EuroFlash vouchers on SH flights have been consistently unavailable as their tablets can't generate them. That's my experience, even though, I believe here on FT were some reports of having a voucher on SH flight issued.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by on22cz
@EuroFlash vouchers on SH flights have been consistently unavailable as their tablets can't generate them. That's my experience, even though, I believe here on FT were some reports of having a voucher on SH flight issued.
Do we know if all SH flights are equipped with wifi? or only certain routes, is there a list i can see?

My last Sat LHR-HEL has no wifi at all.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Most A32S flights are equipped with wifi but not all. There's no way you can know it beforehand.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by lkrt
Most A32S flights are equipped with wifi but not all. There's no way you can know it beforehand.
It was a AY1336 A319
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
HEL-AKL is one. Both AY and NZ sell it as interline.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by on22cz
That's unfortunate, they should find a way!
Anyway I am a satisfied customer as Finnair has decided to compensate generously with points to get myself a new upgrade on a SH flight
Not for the wifi but due to the very bad experience in general concerning the food, wifi and service.
Steve_Hun and Clydez like this.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Apr 2, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
This is sad how AY does not even know their own fleet.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flights/fleet

OH-LWM should be in upper category, 297 seats not 336 seats.
ffay005, florens and esledo like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AY+ Silver

They also have problems counting up to 10
(Chocolate and champagne are not the same thing)
intuition likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by UnknownPassenger
They also have problems counting up to 10
(Chocolate and champagne are not the same thing)
And apparently, in AY books, 12 is the unlucky number so they skipped that. Sort of...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.