Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Not impressed by the phone service. Called the PLT-line today around 1.30pm. After holding some six-seven minutes listening music and messages to press number one for them to call me back, I gave up and pressed one. After that the voice asked me to leave my name, FF-number and phone number and they would get back to me asap. I did what they asked. Now it's 9.00pm, and I still haven't heard from them...
Don't hold your breath. I had the same yesterday; they finally called me today morning at 10. I of course missed that call, so they left me a voice mail message saying sorry we couldn't call you yesterday, please call us again. Managed to get my business sorted with the chat.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Not impressed by the phone service. Called the PLT-line today around 1.30pm. After holding some six-seven minutes listening music and messages to press number one for them to call me back, I gave up and pressed one. After that the voice asked me to leave my name, FF-number and phone number and they would get back to me asap. I did what they asked. Now it's 9.00pm, and I still haven't heard from them...
IME the callback has become slow lately but they will call.
If urgent it is better to wait on hold
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The callback is extremely slow - don't use it. Even no guarantee for same day. I guess it is a voicemail service which may or may not have someone checking on it that day.

In any case, it is not one of those "callback auto-initiated when your queue number is up". So unless you are calling from somewhere where it is expensive, it is always better to wait.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:12 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Chat has become useless. Plat-email does not respond within 3 days. Downhill... Winter has already come with the snow and adjoined problems, maybe also with flying blue-flamed dragons?
EuroFlash likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure if this is the right thread. We had a non functioning entertainment system on JFK-HEL. Flying in business with wife and daughter. Wasn't actually that big of a problem for us but some passengers raised quite a stink. Purser gave free wifi codes and told us to complain. I did, ended up with 3x80eur vouchers which is in line what I paid for the flight (divided the segment was maybe about $600)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by TTL
Chat has become useless. Plat-email does not respond within 3 days. Downhill... Winter has already come with the snow and adjoined problems, maybe also with flying blue-flamed dragons?
4 days without a reply now for plat e-mail – no way to go. Lately I've seen quite a few people complain about AY CS on Twitter, which is obviously where people unload when things go wrong, but just had me thinking: has the new CEO implemented some changes in this area?

Don't mess with CS if you want to keep customers happy.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
I complained to Plat CS, 3 days later got a case number, saying customer relation will get back to me. Another 4 days past, keep counting........
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Asked a very simple question by e-mail to Lumo, took about 24 hours to respond. Should have asked here on FT, would have got a much faster reply.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by HELboy
4 days without a reply now for plat e-mail – no way to go. Lately I've seen quite a few people complain about AY CS on Twitter, which is obviously where people unload when things go wrong, but just had me thinking: has the new CEO implemented some changes in this area?

Don't mess with CS if you want to keep customers happy.
+1000

I have no insights in particular, but sadly that is usually SOP when you need to save money. Most higher officers only see the cost of CS. CS does not generate any revenue nor do they produce any tangible goods so they are easy to downsize or put under cost-pressure.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Nordea isn’t known for stellar customer service...
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Some updates regarding my experience on AY CS. The call back request I left on PLT-line answering machine on 19/01/19 has still not been answered and I guess it's safe to say that it never will.

On second occasion, I had to change dates on one award booking and I called AY CS. This time didn't accept the call back feature (you live, you learn!) and finaly got through to an agent. She advised me that there was no space available on the day I requested but she would be more than happy to wait list me for the requested day. Lo and behold, less than 24 hours later my email buzzed and the seat for my requested date was found! Score. The only thing I would need to do is to contact AY CS and confirm that I really wanted to do the change. Fair enough. Since I'm on the road and didn't want to call AY, I decided to send an email to PLT-email address. I sent an email on 25/01/19. I have been eyeing my reservation, and nothing has been happening since, both the old and new flight dates are showing on it. Since the original flight date was tomorrow (30/01/19), I finally gave up waiting and contacted AY chat a moment ago. They fixed the reservation in few minutes and I just received the updated e-ticket to my inbox.

Based on these two interactions with AY CS, my impression is that it's incredibly unreliable and really requires effort from the client's side to get things done. As newly minted PLT, I'm not very impressed by this all.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
There could actually be something here... Could it be different persons/teams replying to emails and taking calls/doing the chat? Via emails, it's really hard to get things done. When you call them, they are much more service-minded. But that would be very odd, unless they have some form of policy having juniors replying to emails and more experienced reps answering calls/chat.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Speaking of that Estonian CS. Today I got first ever estonian answer. Had a chat first with a finnish lady but Ibhad to make a second call. Then it answered an estonian clealy and I asked if She could put me to the previous lady for reconnecting with my topic. No she said the estonian since ”now it is connected to different place” (Tartu?) so we had to start from zero.
Well the item was fixed finally although I liked the previous finnish CS more just for fluency and feeling of understanding right
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by niksal
There could actually be something here... Could it be different persons/teams replying to emails and taking calls/doing the chat? Via emails, it's really hard to get things done. When you call them, they are much more service-minded. But that would be very odd, unless they have some form of policy having juniors replying to emails and more experienced reps answering calls/chat.
I had a similar experience. No answer on my mail, so I decided to use the chat function. My request was solved within 10 min...
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
They answer well on twitter and best between 9 am to 9 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.