Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Aviating

The Bose headsets on A350 has been enhanced to something that does not cut the mark. Good that I carry my own.

havent these been around for awhile? I also carry my Own Bose 😄👍
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
According to the CCM this is due to a too low inventory of Bose headsets. As there is not enough Bose headsets for J, economy comfort headsets are provided instead.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
They told us at the Kitchen event that Bose had discontinued aircraft headphones and that they would therefore be phased out at some point.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
But did phase out also mean not replacing them (and use economy headphones until they are also phased out)?

I guess we are not going to see them give away brand new headphones to everyone anytime soon... Luckily I've stacked up on these.

Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by intuition
But did phase out also mean not replacing them (and use economy headphones until they are also phased out)?
I could be wrong, but if they are not making new ones, isn’t phase out equivalent to not replace them?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If so, they eventually end up offering no headphones in J?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by intuition
If so, they eventually end up offering no headphones in J?
Well, there are always those €1 earphones from Y.

Perhaps ancillary revenue in J = €1 earphones included in your ticket price, Bose headphones can be enjoyed for a rental fee of €20 or 10 000 AY+ points.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 12:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

It seems illogical to cheapen J when they are about the introduce Y+. Unless they are going for a DY-style LCC business class, a Y+ similar to standard Y and a Y class as a FR-style Y.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:28 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Small annoyance with the AY App, it shows wrong "bag drop closes 60min prior to dep" for at least some domestic flights. I asked yesterday at IVL and they said it was wrong, they knew about and apologized..it's not too bad for people who know it's wrong but still annoying...and would be so easy to fix, if they cared..
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Small annoyance with the AY App, it shows wrong "bag drop closes 60min prior to dep" for at least some domestic flights. I asked yesterday at IVL and they said it was wrong, they knew about and apologized..it's not too bad for people who know it's wrong but still annoying...and would be so easy to fix, if they cared..
Send also the feedback to mobile.development (at) finnair.com - they have usually been very active on feedback and also promote this feedback channel in the (at least) Apple App Store app information.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I sent feedback right away when they introduced this feature. They never responded so I wonder if it was intentional.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I was booking a flight in Y, after that I changed my seats to exit row - then I used the option for upgrades - on leg was upgraded on the spot the other one is on waitlist. I lost my exit row seats and can´t move my seats in J class (even if the seats of my choice a free) - then I called CS and they told me that they can´t touch the booking since one leg is on waitlist - so this means I had good seats at the exit row - and after the attempt of upgrading the flights I got seats I never will choose by my own - and no one can/will help to fix this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
CS is wrong. They can assign you seats manually while your upgrade is pending. I've done this several times.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by ffay005
CS is wrong. They can assign you seats manually while your upgrade is pending. I've done this several times.
Okay gonna call again, maybe I find one who knows the system.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum
It's definitely possible for the CS to change your Y seats while being on the waitlist. Once - a couple of months ago - it also apparently led to the robot rethink the waitlist and my upgrade got cleared at the same time. (Janica didn't seem to have anything to do with the clearing of the upgrade.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.