Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
does not bode well for my decision to go for LUMO of this is indeed how they treat LUMOs 😠🧐
Well, depends what you value.

IMO, they have tried hard to please but implementation is still pretty bad in many.

And too much ”fancy things” to my liking such as the ”Lumo/plat talks” ”would you like champagne” extras, Lumochairs in lounge (okay, mixed feeling as they are handy during overcrowded schengen lounge) etc.

What I would value most are rock solid basics such as functioning upgrades and award availabilities etc and customer servixe where they fix an issue right there and right on one. This is where they fail.
NoWindowSeat and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I finally wanted to try Maku Blueberry Season up in the air, but at best I found it only available as first drink since already at the appetiser of the first service they ran out of it. I mean even out of HEL and not only once, seriously?!
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I finally wanted to try Maku Blueberry Season up in the air, but at best I found it only available as first drink since already at the appetiser of the first service they ran out of it. I mean even out of HEL and not only once, seriously?!
They only have one can of Blueberry Saison per cart, which clearly is not enough. They run out of them at almost every flight. Actually, I have heard multiple FAs complain that they cannot advertise Blueberry Saison because it in any case always runs out. And then there are huge amounts of bulk lagers of two (or three) different brands, which never run out.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Maybe blueberry season ended and Finland ran out of blueberries?

Seriously, probably the provider is having capacity/delivery issues
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Blueberry Saison probably costs like three times that of Koff IV.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
I don't know if the chatbot has now passed the Turing test (but that it's not quite recognising the topic of my query), or if the people on the line are hired with no training, but the past few times it's been very hit and miss (mostly miss).

I'm just now enquiring after missing points on an outbound connecting flight, for a trip I said I finished yesterday. The person first said he could have a look at the seat map (?) for me if I gave the booking reference. Then I repeated I had already completed the journey, and described the issue again. Now, he is saying the flights were upgraded and therefore are not eligible for points accrual! Nevermind, that the inbound upgraded legs actually already show as pending, and that I'm asking about thee outbound leg I flew in regular Y...

Now that I asked when "no point accrual for upgraded flights" became a policy, he apologised for the inconvenience, and that all points will be credited in due course, completely ignoring the massively incorrect information he just told me.

I feel like most of the time I need to explain a simple question several times in chat, so I'm not sure how you guys are managing your more complicated booking issues!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Eyrie
I feel like most of the time I need to explain a simple question several times in chat, so I'm not sure how you guys are managing your more complicated booking issues!
Yep I'm in the same boat, I only use the chat when seat selection isn't working or want to get a free seat for non-status companion on separate booking.
Eyrie likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:01 am

The few times I've used the English version of the chat, it has been a complete disaster. The Finnish version works a lot better. I wonder where those English chat workers are located. Molvania?
Eyrie likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
The few times I've used the English version of the chat, it has been a complete disaster. The Finnish version works a lot better. I wonder where those English chat workers are located. Molvania?
I just type in English regardless, once I started the conversation in Finnish but the (Bulgarian?) agent asked if we can speak in English instead. Sometimes I get Finnish names, other times not. Simple seat select issue, but I can imagine for complex booking changes it being a disaster.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:38 am

Me: I have a confirmed seat for Friday, but I'm also waitlisted for Sunday. When will I know if the Sunday flight clears?
Molvanian chatbuddy: I cannot assign you a seat for Sunday because the flight is on a waitlist.

Okay?
cistavoda likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Me: I have a confirmed seat for Friday, but I'm also waitlisted for Sunday. When will I know if the Sunday flight clears?
Molvanian chatbuddy: I cannot assign you a seat for Sunday because the flight is on a waitlist.

Okay?
When calling TK this is how the conversation usually goes, since their website was back in the day unable to do anything I called to ask for extra legroom seats. He proactively asked in I wanted a bulkhead to which I said yes "Sir, those are for airport assignment only" Gee thanks!
Eyrie likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Bad implementation example again about the BMW. My spyguy working at apron said he saw BMW waiting at an aircraft but finally leaving with nobody. How bad utilization of BMW time.

okay lets see how it goes, I have 13A gate now.

Edit:
No car
maybe again he is looking for a pax in a wrong plane
cistavoda and napapiiri like this.

Last edited by FFlash; Feb 7, 2020 at 4:38 am
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Cabin crew chatting loudly the night away on AY101. Almost half-empty J, nearly all pax asleep after meal service. Woke up about 4h into the flight, listened to FAs' life stories and gossip until the breakfast service. No problem hearing from row 2...

One FA seemingly lost her voice altogether, as the entire breakfast service - during which I counted 4-5 customer interactions - was delivered without a single word. Incredible. Maybe this is the Finland service concept.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Cabin crew chatting loudly the night away on AY101. Almost half-empty J, nearly all pax asleep after meal service. Woke up about 4h into the flight, listened to FAs' life stories and gossip until the breakfast service. No problem hearing from row 2...

One FA seemingly lost her voice altogether, as the entire breakfast service - during which I counted 4-5 customer interactions - was delivered without a single word. Incredible. Maybe this is the Finland service concept.

this is one of my petpeeves, I have been known to make a comment or two to staff about this especially the ones that act as a alarm clock 😁😁

another petpeeve is my new autocorrect on my phone 😁
FFlash likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Feb 9, 2020 at 10:19 pm
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver

The Bose headsets on A350 has been enhanced to something that does not cut the mark. Good that I carry my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.