Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Old Jan 3, 16, 6:55 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helsinki-Vantaa APT, Finland
Programs: AY LUMO
Posts: 5,685
Originally Posted by nordic View Post
Are there any Caribbean destinations?
Two. POP and HAV but these flight are charters, not scheduled flights.
OH-LGG is online now  
Old Jan 3, 16, 10:26 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Asia
Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Posts: 363
Since it is possibile to change four SH vouchers into one LH voucher, why not the other way round? My LH travel is always in J, I would need these vouchers for SH flights.
Justinus is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 2:58 am
  #33  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Bonvoy/Melia Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Posts: 2,110
Lufthansa has an evouchers swapping scheme (for the two lousy SH-evouchers equalling one LH-evoucher they give reaching/renewing Senator) in case they are expiring.

Does Finnair have one? I could gladly donate my future 4 SH upgrades in exchange of 2 LH upgrades ?
TTL is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 3:11 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Posts: 1,640
deleted... Sorry
Steve_Hun is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 7:18 am
  #35  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Posts: 13,277
Originally Posted by Justinus View Post
Since it is possibile to change four SH vouchers into one LH voucher, why not the other way round? My LH travel is always in J, I would need these vouchers for SH flights.
Not officially, but have ypu asked them if they could do it?
I know that if you converted shorthauls to longhaul, they will not convert it back, but I have never asked them to convert a voucher that was longhaul in the first place.

Originally Posted by TTL View Post
Lufthansa has an evouchers swapping scheme (for the two lousy SH-evouchers equalling one LH-evoucher they give reaching/renewing Senator) in case they are expiring.

Does Finnair have one? I could gladly donate my future 4 SH upgrades in exchange of 2 LH upgrades ?
Yes, 4 shorthaul can be converted to 1 longhaul.
intuition is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 11:19 pm
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Posts: 13,277
I'm trying out the new "post-images-directly-to-FT"-function.

I sat down on OH-LQE and I felt the armrest was a little bit sticky. Not much, but it felt a bit uncomfortable, so I used the warm towel to swipe it. The armrest felt better afterwards, and here is what the towel looked like:

Pretty disgusting.
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Jan 4, 16 at 11:26 pm
intuition is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 11:34 pm
  #37  
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Posts: 1,067
Ew. But that's not that bad what was waiting for me on Vietnam Airlines' A350 last month. There was vomit in a seat pocket – and nice odor, of course. After I complaint to a crew member, she did the same than you: wiped the seat pocket with the wet towel and said: "It's good now, ok?" Sure, sure. It became so clean and fresh. (Didn't feel hungry on that flight that was by the way my first A350 flight. And what a horrible sound flaps keeps. OMG. I almost got a heart attack before we landed.)
wkndtraveler is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 1:28 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: AY Platinum
Posts: 287
This Saturday evening, I flew LHR-HEL in an economy class window seat. The flight was packed, but the seat next to me must have been blocked, because it was empty despite being close to the front. But not for long...

Sitting in the back of the plane there was a very rude and stupid man, who acted like an entitled five year old. One of his many BS complaints was that he was afraid of sitting in the back. What did the stewardess decide to do? Indulge him and move him next to the guy with gold status, of course!

I do not believe that having this card makes me untouchable, and I'm certainly not platinum. If I'm flying economy and I encounter some whackjob, I'm not going to blame the airline. But specifically *moving him next to me* felt quite disrespectful.
heatsink is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 1:41 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Posts: 607
Originally Posted by heatsink View Post
This Saturday evening, I flew LHR-HEL in an economy class window seat. The flight was packed, but the seat next to me must have been blocked, because it was empty despite being close to the front. But not for long...

Sitting in the back of the plane there was a very rude and stupid man, who acted like an entitled five year old. One of his many BS complaints was that he was afraid of sitting in the back. What did the stewardess decide to do? Indulge him and move him next to the guy with gold status, of course!

I do not believe that having this card makes me untouchable, and I'm certainly not platinum. If I'm flying economy and I encounter some whackjob, I'm not going to blame the airline. But specifically *moving him next to me* felt quite disrespectful.
I agree with you, the seat next to you being blocked should be respected by the cabin crew, too. The same has happened to me as well on a FlyMaybe ATR flight operated for Finnair and carrying only AY flight number. I protested, and the reply from the CA was that Finnair perks are not valid on their flights!

I hope you will write feedback to AY on this issue, as it is prob the only way to get the message through also to cabin crews.
Purjelentaja is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 1:52 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: AY Platinum
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja View Post
I hope you will write feedback to AY on this issue, as it is prob the only way to get the message through also to cabin crews.
I will. I am especially bothered because it's not like they were even moving a reasonable person. After the flight, other passengers were striking up conversations with me to make sympathetic jokes.

It's astounding the crew even humored him at all, because when he boarded he greeted one of them by saying "oh look, a blonde waiting for me..."

Last edited by heatsink; Jan 10, 16 at 1:59 pm
heatsink is offline  
Old Jan 10, 16, 2:47 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Gold, Scandic L2
Posts: 3,540
If it's any consolation, I've had my seat block clobbered by a rude southern European pax (he did asked neither FA nor myself) on a long-haul flight.

Of course, that problem would never happen again... because long-haul seat blocks disappeared when the Comfort seats appeared.
Courmisch is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 1:59 am
  #42  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Bonvoy/Melia Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Posts: 2,110
Maybe peanuts in a larger context but still very aggravating: cutting the KUO-HEL 06:00 flight will significantly reduce the chances of getting to Europe and same day business from Eastern Finland. And those ATR sardine tins have always been full to the last seat as long as I can remember.
TTL is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 5:07 am
  #43  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY, SK, TK
Posts: 7,094
Originally Posted by TTL View Post
Maybe peanuts in a larger context but still very aggravating: cutting the KUO-HEL 06:00 flight will significantly reduce the chances of getting to Europe and same day business from Eastern Finland. And those ATR sardine tins have always been full to the last seat as long as I can remember.
This.

I dont' understand how they think. I see several cuts of homeland traffic despite the fact that the planes have been pretty full since Blue1 left Finland.
FFlash is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 5:26 am
  #44  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Posts: 13,277
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
...
I see several cuts of homeland traffic despite the fact that the planes have been pretty full since Blue1 left Finland.
Domestic is the worst performing area for Finnair if loadfactor is the measure.
Attached Images  
intuition is offline  
Old Jan 11, 16, 5:33 am
  #45  
TTL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KUO
Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Bonvoy/Melia Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Posts: 2,110
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Domestic is the worst performing area for Finnair if loadfactor is the measure.
Certainly there are not many passengers who actually need the numerous connections between lets say HEL and KUO taking place 09:30 AM to 03:00 PM - flying more than half empty except for some holiday seasons - and still kept alive!

PS. Forgot to mention that what might be lost in load factor is most certainly compensated in the domestic ticket prices. For zero, one, or two night business hops, the prices are stellar (and would take a person from outside of Finland and even from Helsinki to another continent). After three nights there is then some relief...

Last edited by TTL; Jan 11, 16 at 5:41 am
TTL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread