Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by nordic
Are there any Caribbean destinations?
Two. POP and HAV but these flight are charters, not scheduled flights.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Since it is possibile to change four SH vouchers into one LH voucher, why not the other way round? My LH travel is always in J, I would need these vouchers for SH flights.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:58 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Lufthansa has an evouchers swapping scheme (for the two lousy SH-evouchers equalling one LH-evoucher they give reaching/renewing Senator) in case they are expiring.

Does Finnair have one? I could gladly donate my future 4 SH upgrades in exchange of 2 LH upgrades ?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
deleted... Sorry
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Justinus
Since it is possibile to change four SH vouchers into one LH voucher, why not the other way round? My LH travel is always in J, I would need these vouchers for SH flights.
Not officially, but have ypu asked them if they could do it?
I know that if you converted shorthauls to longhaul, they will not convert it back, but I have never asked them to convert a voucher that was longhaul in the first place.

Originally Posted by TTL
Lufthansa has an evouchers swapping scheme (for the two lousy SH-evouchers equalling one LH-evoucher they give reaching/renewing Senator) in case they are expiring.

Does Finnair have one? I could gladly donate my future 4 SH upgrades in exchange of 2 LH upgrades ?
Yes, 4 shorthaul can be converted to 1 longhaul.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:19 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm trying out the new "post-images-directly-to-FT"-function.

I sat down on OH-LQE and I felt the armrest was a little bit sticky. Not much, but it felt a bit uncomfortable, so I used the warm towel to swipe it. The armrest felt better afterwards, and here is what the towel looked like:

Pretty disgusting.
Attached Images  

Last edited by intuition; Jan 4, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:34 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Ew. But that's not that bad what was waiting for me on Vietnam Airlines' A350 last month. There was vomit in a seat pocket – and nice odor, of course. After I complaint to a crew member, she did the same than you: wiped the seat pocket with the wet towel and said: "It's good now, ok?" Sure, sure. It became so clean and fresh. (Didn't feel hungry on that flight that was by the way my first A350 flight. And what a horrible sound flaps keeps. OMG. I almost got a heart attack before we landed.)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
This Saturday evening, I flew LHR-HEL in an economy class window seat. The flight was packed, but the seat next to me must have been blocked, because it was empty despite being close to the front. But not for long...

Sitting in the back of the plane there was a very rude and stupid man, who acted like an entitled five year old. One of his many BS complaints was that he was afraid of sitting in the back. What did the stewardess decide to do? Indulge him and move him next to the guy with gold status, of course!

I do not believe that having this card makes me untouchable, and I'm certainly not platinum. If I'm flying economy and I encounter some whackjob, I'm not going to blame the airline. But specifically *moving him next to me* felt quite disrespectful.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by heatsink
This Saturday evening, I flew LHR-HEL in an economy class window seat. The flight was packed, but the seat next to me must have been blocked, because it was empty despite being close to the front. But not for long...

Sitting in the back of the plane there was a very rude and stupid man, who acted like an entitled five year old. One of his many BS complaints was that he was afraid of sitting in the back. What did the stewardess decide to do? Indulge him and move him next to the guy with gold status, of course!

I do not believe that having this card makes me untouchable, and I'm certainly not platinum. If I'm flying economy and I encounter some whackjob, I'm not going to blame the airline. But specifically *moving him next to me* felt quite disrespectful.
I agree with you, the seat next to you being blocked should be respected by the cabin crew, too. The same has happened to me as well on a FlyMaybe ATR flight operated for Finnair and carrying only AY flight number. I protested, and the reply from the CA was that Finnair perks are not valid on their flights!

I hope you will write feedback to AY on this issue, as it is prob the only way to get the message through also to cabin crews.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
I hope you will write feedback to AY on this issue, as it is prob the only way to get the message through also to cabin crews.
I will. I am especially bothered because it's not like they were even moving a reasonable person. After the flight, other passengers were striking up conversations with me to make sympathetic jokes.

It's astounding the crew even humored him at all, because when he boarded he greeted one of them by saying "oh look, a blonde waiting for me..."

Last edited by heatsink; Jan 10, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
If it's any consolation, I've had my seat block clobbered by a rude southern European pax (he did asked neither FA nor myself) on a long-haul flight.

Of course, that problem would never happen again... because long-haul seat blocks disappeared when the Comfort seats appeared.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:59 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Maybe peanuts in a larger context but still very aggravating: cutting the KUO-HEL 06:00 flight will significantly reduce the chances of getting to Europe and same day business from Eastern Finland. And those ATR sardine tins have always been full to the last seat as long as I can remember.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TTL
Maybe peanuts in a larger context but still very aggravating: cutting the KUO-HEL 06:00 flight will significantly reduce the chances of getting to Europe and same day business from Eastern Finland. And those ATR sardine tins have always been full to the last seat as long as I can remember.
This.

I dont' understand how they think. I see several cuts of homeland traffic despite the fact that the planes have been pretty full since Blue1 left Finland.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by FFlash
I see several cuts of homeland traffic despite the fact that the planes have been pretty full since Blue1 left Finland.
Domestic is the worst performing area for Finnair if loadfactor is the measure.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:33 am
TTL

Originally Posted by intuition
Domestic is the worst performing area for Finnair if loadfactor is the measure.
Certainly there are not many passengers who actually need the numerous connections between letīs say HEL and KUO taking place 09:30 AM to 03:00 PM - flying more than half empty except for some holiday seasons - and still kept alive!

PS. Forgot to mention that what might be lost in load factor is most certainly compensated in the domestic ticket prices. For zero, one, or two night business hops, the prices are stellar (and would take a person from outside of Finland and even from Helsinki to another continent). After three nights there is then some relief...

Last edited by TTL; Jan 11, 2016 at 5:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.