Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Great....

Thanks anyway.

AY is for some reason using those 3 warehouse planes on JFK and MIA routes even they promised new cabin.

Someone made somerhing wrong in AY.. Not sustainable now
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by nocod
Nope, WiFi didn't work either despite cabin crew trying to reset.. Not great
So OH-LTN has no wifi? If OH-LGG confirms this, ie it's not a one-off, I'll add it to the wifi thread as a warning.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just a warning for all to keep in mind:

If you want to cancel within 24h for a refund a ticket, beware that AY holds your money lawbreaking long times and you lose all currency fluctuations along there.

I just lost nearly 10% of purchases currency in conversion to euro.

KRIL said to me that air tickets have a WEEK to be refunded by law, and AY constantly breaking this.
then, getting justice in Finland is forget-it in this kind of cases so I must say what I lost here I will redeem elsewhere…
Just bad, AGAIN
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:06 am

Programs: AY LUMO
YES, LTN totally mute except L2 door.

Terrible noise.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Just a warning for all to keep in mind:

If you want to cancel within 24h for a refund a ticket, beware that AY holds your money lawbreaking long times and you lose all currency fluctuations along there.

I just lost nearly 10% of purchases currency in conversion to euro.

KRIL said to me that air tickets have a WEEK to be refunded by law, and AY constantly breaking this.
then, getting justice in Finland is forget-it in this kind of cases so I must say what I lost here I will redeem elsewhere…
Just bad, AGAIN
I just wanted to post my recent experience. Did a 24h cancellation on Jan 11. Funds were returned today. Ie 24 days.
It's very poor.

SAS, which were doing all these tricks during pandemic, are excellent these days in this regard. After cancellation there is an immediate refund notice and money is usually returned within days. Not even 1 week.

I too find it odd that Finnair finalises the transactions within the 24h period. If they just held off 24 h everything would be so much easier for all parts. Including for Finnair, whom now needs to spend a lot of time balance and monitor these transactions.
But I guess their liquidity cannot cope with delaying funds collection even one business day...

Luckily I used Revolut for this transaction, so when AY refunded GBP it goes into my GBP account and can choose when and if to exchange back to SEK.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
I just wanted to post my recent experience. Did a 24h cancellation on Jan 11. Funds were returned today. Ie 24 days.
It's very poor.

SAS, which were doing all these tricks during pandemic, are excellent these days in this regard. After cancellation there is an immediate refund notice and money is usually returned within days. Not even 1 week.

I too find it odd that Finnair finalises the transactions within the 24h period. If they just held off 24 h everything would be so much easier for all parts. Including for Finnair, whom now needs to spend a lot of time balance and monitor these transactions.
But I guess their liquidity cannot cope with delaying funds collection even one business day...

Luckily I used Revolut for this transaction, so when AY refunded GBP it goes into my GBP account and can choose when and if to exchange back to SEK.
Could the delay be related to your form of payment? I have noticed that when i pay with AMEX and have to cancel or refund etc money is back to my AMEX card really fast every time. I haven't tried AY though.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Could the delay be related to your form of payment? I have noticed that when i pay with AMEX and have to cancel or refund etc money is back to my AMEX card really fast every time. I haven't tried AY though.
I got an email from Finnair on the afternoon of feb 1saying they were done with their processing, quoting an internal casenumber. Exactly at midnight UTC on feb 4 was the money returned to the card.

I read this as on afternoon on feb 1 someone in finance signed off on the payment transaction. Payment transactions are batched, so likely the batched payment order were sent either late feb 1 or during the night/morning feb 02. Payment provider did their processing on feb 2, with feb 3 reserved for reconciliation and feb 4 as valutation day.
Amex might do it slightly quicker, but there are not that much fat to trim in this process.
joorinainen likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 3:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
ALERT! W T F ! ! !

Voit vaihtaa palkintopisteitä tasopisteiksi vain kerran vuoden seurantajaksosi aikana.

You can exchange award points to tier points only once during your one year of accrual time.

Last edited by TTL; Feb 12, 2023 at 3:49 am Reason: For linguistically incompetent readers...
Old Feb 12, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by TTL
ALERT! W T F ! ! !

Voit vaihtaa palkintopisteitä tasopisteiksi vain kerran vuoden seurantajaksosi aikana.

You can exchange award points to tier points only once during your one year of accrual time.

I beleive that is ONLINE, but via customer serivice ypu can do it again, atleast thats how it worked for me
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Equiptment change on LH flight caused havoc on our Y seats again. Now theres the PE cabin thsts empty and blocked but evidlt they cannot seat a Lumo and kids there 🤷‍♂️👎👎 just silly to keep it blocked IMO. Incase of crap like this why not allow a Lumo to sit there since its just a bigger seat like they do on LHR route.

Now its a 11hr flight in crap seats 😡👎 just saying...
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: Viking Club Member, K-Plussa Paras asiakas
Originally Posted by kauppias
Equiptment change on LH flight caused havoc on our Y seats again. Now theres the PE cabin thsts empty and blocked but evidlt they cannot seat a Lumo and kids there 🤷‍♂️👎👎 just silly to keep it blocked IMO. Incase of crap like this why not allow a Lumo to sit there since its just a bigger seat like they do on LHR route.

Also seen this many times recently, even when the equipment change happens days before. Still no chance to upgrade to PE before flight, Janica on Whatsapp insists ”the flight has no PE” T-48hrs and the flight ensues on empty PE. Dumb and frustrating.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 10:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Finnair PE is such an exclusive cabin they don't want customer in it!
Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias

Absolutely infuriating. Garbage customer service, doing nothing when a really cost-free way to say "yes" is there for the taking. Really crappy from a marketing point of view. Why not show off your new product, particularly to your most frequent travelers? Stupid beyond belief.
on22cz likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by petteriusa
Absolutely infuriating. Garbage customer service, doing nothing when a really cost-free way to say "yes" is there for the taking. Really crappy from a marketing point of view. Why not show off your new product, particularly to your most frequent travelers? Stupid beyond belief.
Gets worse, they now changed to the old config again, and. Now those crap seats are even worse and no way to change them online, 😡👎

J went from J9 to only one seat not selected at T23 🤷‍♂️

I am happy to say this is my only Y booked trip on ay LH this year so far. Next trip it in PE and the rest are booked in AF Y+ and J

I still cannot understand how the system reseats people this way especially with status but...
petteriusa likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Too bad. But imagine they hade moved you to PE in the first place and then reseated you in 58Ö because of EQ change...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.