Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Ay+Plat also gives you Star Alliance Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ay+Plat also gives you Star Alliance Gold and SkyTeam Elite Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: TK Elite; BA Gold; FB Platinum; QR Gold; EK Silver; IHG Spire Amb; HH Platinum; SPG Gold
Any Oneworld airline matching?

I am currently Gold with TK and Platinum with AF and gold with BA but will loose the gold with BA this year, AF and TK are already achieved. Anyone who know if any one world is matching to gold?
Answers Much appreciated
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
You should probably ask on a more generic forum than Finnair's. And you would probably have more luck with AirBerlin than Finnair anyway.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Here you go - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...thread-92.html
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Lordhak
I am currently Gold with TK and Platinum with AF and gold with BA but will loose the gold with BA this year, AF and TK are already achieved. Anyone who know if any one world is matching to gold?
Answers Much appreciated
You should retain ba silver as a soft landing for the next year. Still OWS
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Bad news: Turkish has downgraded their discrete status match program to a status challenge:
Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
Also next week is the last week for Alitalia's public status match campaign. I'm sure there will be new ones though.. Just keep an eye on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...thread-92.html.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Unsub
Bad news: Turkish has downgraded their discrete status match program to a status challenge:

Also next week is the last week for Alitalia's public status match campaign. I'm sure there will be new ones though.. Just keep an eye on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...thread-92.html.
Ouch

But in reality smart move for them still generous offer imho.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Not sure if the T&Cs got updated by AZ, but the status match is good for requests through Jan 31, 2016. Not sure if OP had a typo or if they changed it.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by iloveipods
Not sure if the T&Cs got updated by AZ, but the status match is good for requests through Jan 31, 2016. Not sure if OP had a typo or if they changed it.
I'm pretty sure they changed it. Just noticed myself yesterday. One more month to match up!
EDIT: It's extended - confirmed from Alitalia's forum

Last edited by Unsub; Dec 29, 2015 at 11:10 pm
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
As I requalified for AY plat, I resent a status match and now good to go until march 2017

Previous Alata+ was only for 2016 march
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash
As I requalified for AY plat, I resent a status match and now good to go until march 2017

Did you sign up for a new Alata+ or use the same one as before?
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by FFlash

I have been trying to renew it as well but with zero luck so far as they want a physical card and AA has been slooooooooooooooooooow to send it but luckily they extended it Mrs kauppias will be able to get in too then then whole
Family will be Skyteam Elite plus of course if AA manages to send physical card by jan 31
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Being OWE / AY+ Plat I obviously concentrate my travels for AY & OW flights, but sometimes I travel with tickets that I cannot decide on my own, my employer or commissioner takes care of the travel arrangements, and this results to the odd *Alliance / Skyteam flight every now and then. Usually economy class. But to make the travels more enjoyable, I guess a decent status with the other alliances would be good right? Priority boarding, lounge access, extra luggage.

So I'm waiting on the Alitalia to come trough, but the Star Alliance is another issue since the TK program turned to a challenge, but I noticed that Copa Airlines and Avianca Brazil should be able to match Plat to SA Gold. Any experiences on those two being AY and trying to match?

Turkish will definitely be on my list, WHEN I have a confirmed trip with them so that the status will be extended to a full year.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by The_Director
Being OWE / AY+ Plat I obviously concentrate my travels for AY & OW flights, but sometimes I travel with tickets that I cannot decide on my own, my employer or commissioner takes care of the travel arrangements, and this results to the odd *Alliance / Skyteam flight every now and then. Usually economy class. But to make the travels more enjoyable, I guess a decent status with the other alliances would be good right? Priority boarding, lounge access, extra luggage.

So I'm waiting on the Alitalia to come trough, but the Star Alliance is another issue since the TK program turned to a challenge, but I noticed that Copa Airlines and Avianca Brazil should be able to match Plat to SA Gold. Any experiences on those two being AY and trying to match?

Turkish will definitely be on my list, WHEN I have a confirmed trip with them so that the status will be extended to a full year.

TK is good when you can fly them. Copa is tough as I have a feeling they match very selectively, I was turned down as a EXP even though AA competes with them BA gold also no... Obviously YMMV.

O6 or avianca brasil was matching but their official match ended nov 30 2015.

Right now is slim pickens

Maybe soon it will change.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, OWE
Freccia Alata Plus until 03/17.

No e-mail confirmation received, but they had some issued opening the photo of my current AY card, and were nice enough to contact me about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.