Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was pleasantly suprised on Jetstsr asia. I had a exit row seat no recline on row 12 so perjaps pick row 13? boarding in first wave Zone 1

complimentary meal that was delicious much better then onnAY ice Cream and water bottle.

service was fast and efficient.

no complaints. they did state a lilit of 7kilos for carry on so beware if transiting AY-3K

overall I was Happy enough
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The AY code-shares include a meal. Most 3K passengers don't get meals though.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The AY code-shares include a meal. Most 3K passengers don't get meals though.

another customer who came off thw AY flight only received a muffin so I am assuming that Basic or campaign gets that and Value gets a meal?

just an observation. they had a list of pax who got message
Old Jan 19, 2020, 5:40 am

What you are supposed to get also shows on your JetStar BP as 4-alphanumeric blocks. Finnair has not documented the exact policy as far as I am aware, except of course for the bag allowance.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I got a meal, but I was on a Value ticket. Had to pay for my exit seat, though (but it was cheap, don't remember exactly, but something like €13 for 4.5 hours...).
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:52 am

I got a meal, but I might have been on a Value ticket. (I recall being unable to book into Value on the same HELL-BKK-SIN route, but it was probably a year earlier on CX.) Though I also recall passengers ostensibly from TLL that also had meals, and did not strike me as Value ticketing idiots (but who knows).
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I got a meal, but I was on a Value ticket. Had to pay for my exit seat, though (but it was cheap, don't remember exactly, but something like €13 for 4.5 hours...).
odd I was on a Value ticket and exit was complimentary

I got a meal, but I might have been on a Value ticket. (I recall being unable to book into Value on the same HELL-BKK-SIN route, but it was probably a year earlier on CX.) Though I also recall passengers ostensibly from TLL that also had meals, and did not strike me as Value ticketing idiots (but who knows).
I was flying ex TLL this trip 😂
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
odd I was on a Value ticket and exit was complimentary
Could you select seats online? I have a upcoming DPS-SIN sector booked via Finnair and it errors out when I try to select a seat on Jetstar's site.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by SierraAlphaMike
Could you select seats online? I have a upcoming DPS-SIN sector booked via Finnair and it errors out when I try to select a seat on Jetstar's site.

yes I was able to select online no problem
Old May 9, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by aama
too bad no lounge access with 3K flight numbers.
I assume that that caveat also applies with AY flight numbers on 3K (when departing SIN), no?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I assume that that caveat also applies with AY flight numbers on 3K (when departing SIN), no?
I am now also booked on the 3K codeshare and I'm wondering about this. If there was an AY code printed on the boarding pass, you could potentially get into a oneworld lounge, but I doubt one would be printed?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
I am now also booked on the 3K codeshare and I'm wondering about this. If there was an AY code printed on the boarding pass, you could potentially get into a oneworld lounge, but I doubt one would be printed?
I happend to be on a 3K AY coded flight the other day. BP still around.
It says FLIGHT 3K XXX and on the row under "Sold as:AYXXXX" with smaller font size.
So yes, the sold as AY code is on the BP. However, I cannot say if its good enough for lounge entry.
I had MH and AY metal on my flights out of SIN so I never needed to try lounge access on 3K metal.
​​​​​
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
I happend to be on a 3K AY coded flight the other day. BP still around.
It says FLIGHT 3K XXX and on the row under "Sold as:AYXXXX" with smaller font size.
So yes, the sold as AY code is on the BP. However, I cannot say if its good enough for lounge entry.
I had MH and AY metal on my flights out of SIN so I never needed to try lounge access on 3K metal.
​​​​​
Thanks, good to know, although I unfortunately doubt QF would be fooled by just a "sold as AY"... Better to prepare myself mentally.
seldomrfly likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Thanks, good to know, although I unfortunately doubt QF would be fooled by just a "sold as AY"... Better to prepare myself mentally.
But hey, this was a BP printed by 3K. It might look different if its printed by AY, or SIN transfer desk.
lkrt likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:07 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
No lounge on AY marketed, 3K operated. Pre-covid experience but I doubt it would have changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.