Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair & Jetstar Asia launch new codeshare through Singapore hub

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Richey66
AY customer rep told me no points for Jetstar Asia flights with AY codeshare. Is that correct?
If you have an AY flight number, you will earn points (as if it was an AY flight). This includes Jetstar as well. I’ve flown them DRW-SIN.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
AY customer rep told me no points for Jetstar Asia flights with AY codeshare. Is that correct?
09/2018 Bkk-Sin ay6375 jetstar metal gave me points. Value ticket 1661pts as Ay+ gold. Exactly what you can get from finnair points calculator finnair (codeshare).

Last edited by FinExplorer; Jan 13, 2020 at 6:26 am Reason: more pts info
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Now the other AY rep said
If you book the BKK-SIN -flight as Finnair's codeshare with AY-flight number, you'll also get points from that flight even the operating airline isn't member of Oneworld.

If the BKK-SIN flight is booked as AY flight with economy pro ticket to booking class Y, you will earn about 1 430 points.

Originally Posted by FinExplorer
09/2018 Bkk-Sin ay6375 jetstar metal gave me points.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Now the other AY rep said
If you book the BKK-SIN -flight as Finnair's codeshare with AY-flight number, you'll also get points from that flight even the operating airline isn't member of Oneworld.

If the BKK-SIN flight is booked as AY flight with economy pro ticket to booking class Y, you will earn about 1 430 points.
According to the points calculator, BKK-SIN with a pro ticket will earn 2166 points (+ tier bonus). The earning for a value ticket is 1444 points (+ tier bonus).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
out of curiosity is there transit security at SIN going from AY to 3K? liquid wise
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
SIN is one of those horrible airports where security is right before the gate - and then you are stuck waiting until actual boarding. You cannot transit without going through security in any way.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:15 pm

You will earn points if and only if you purchased the flight with AY marketing codes, regardless of the marketing carrier, including 3K. Personally, I've done it with 3K and AF.

Beware that Finnair has interline agreements with (at least some) JetStar-branded carriers, such that, on some routes, you might be offered itineraries including JetStar flights without AY codes.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
out of curiosity is there transit security at SIN going from AY to 3K? liquid wise
Yes. They'll take all liquids from you at the gate where security is located, so if you eg buy a can of beer onboard to take with you, you must drink it before you go to the next gate.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
SIN is one of those horrible airports where security is right before the gate - and then you are stuck waiting until actual boarding. You cannot transit without going through security in any way.
I think the system is great. Typically, they have a dedicated priority line at security, and it stays open until boarding is more or less completed. I go to the gate some 45 minutes before the flight and wait in the gate area for perhaps five minutes, quite comparable to any other airport. The good thing is that if you connect, you don't need to first go to some massive, overcrowded transit security check-point far away only to walk (back) to your gate again. The system reduces unnecessary walking and waiting times.

The only airport where I've experienced the same system is BEG. Reportedly, CMB has the same system, too.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
I think the system is great.
And I think it's horrible because it fails to balance passenger loads in any reasonable fashion. Sure, if you have priority, and there are no other flights open at the same satellite simultaneously and the priority queue is properly segregated, then it works. But that's a lot of if's. And in any case, it's an extra delay to account for to time your gate arrival. And, as said, if you end up too early, you're parked in a small space with nothing but insufficient seating.

It also assumes that all transit passengers are screened, so it's intrinsically inconvenient.

The real benefit is that passengers only occupy one floor instead of two. But as a passenger, I couldn't care less.
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes. They'll take all liquids from you at the gate where security is located, so if you eg buy a can of beer onboard to take with you, you must drink it before you go to the next gate.

thanks I wont buy any tax free liquer then 😂
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:54 pm

SIN has reasonable prices on alcohol and tobacco in the duty free stores. Should have you covered.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by kauppias
thanks I wont buy any tax free liquer then 😂
I may be wrong on this, but shouldn't all pre-orders be handled as any airport-purchased duty free items? They are also sealed and you are not allowed to open them onboard. Even onboard the crew should have sealable bags just for this purpose. I'm sure I was once asked if I needed the sealable bag due to connecting flights, but can't guarantee it was on AY (most likely it was, though).
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
I may be wrong on this, but shouldn't all pre-orders be handled as any airport-purchased duty free items? They are also sealed and you are not allowed to open them onboard. Even onboard the crew should have sealable bags just for this purpose. I'm sure I was once asked if I needed the sealable bag due to connecting flights, but can't guarantee it was on AY (most likely it was, though).

i was thinking of buying Lonkero 😂😂 but I dont really want to check a bag
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:45 am

It's a complete mess, with some airports accepting certain destinations and airlines, but not all, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.