Generic error

Old Nov 16, 15, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Generic error

Hello!

I have a booking CMH-JFK-HEL-SVO. When I go to "Manage my booking", type in my last name and the booking reference, a page with the flight info opens. Then I click "Update your details" (or any button) and get a blank page saying "Generic error" in the title. I messaged a Finnair customer service on facebook and got an answer: "Unfortunately we are having troubles on manage booking when there is American Airlines on the reservation. They are fixing the problem at the moment." It was 5 days ago. Is anyone here experiencing the same problem?
Old Nov 16, 15, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB Gold, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Welcome to FT seemann and to the Finnair forum"

The MMB has been a bit flaky from time to time for many of us lately, failing with all sorts of errors. But that is in general, not specifically in regards to AA flights. At least I haven't heard of anyone being told such a specific reason for flakiness. So I assume that in your case there is a specific problem they are aware of and presumably is trying to fix.
Old Nov 16, 15, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB Gold, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
... and currently MMB works just fine for me.
Old Nov 20, 15, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by seemann View Post
Hello!

I have a booking CMH-JFK-HEL-SVO. When I go to "Manage my booking", type in my last name and the booking reference, a page with the flight info opens. Then I click "Update your details" (or any button) and get a blank page saying "Generic error" in the title. I messaged a Finnair customer service on facebook and got an answer: "Unfortunately we are having troubles on manage booking when there is American Airlines on the reservation. They are fixing the problem at the moment." It was 5 days ago. Is anyone here experiencing the same problem?
I had this issue 3 weeks ago with a reservation that included an AA flight (at the time I was able to adjust what I needed on the Royal J site) - I just tried again and am still having the issue

Search this Thread
Search Engine: