Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: QR starting HEL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
HEL-SGN Business Class Promo 1395 e in November-December 2016.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by teme
HEL-SGN Business Class Promo 1395 e in November-December 2016.
Yep, and BKK ~1400€ as well, but the lowest Business Promo books into R class, which currently earns zero points on AY.
This may change in the near future, but better safe than sorry. BA will start crediting the R fare as of 01MAY and probably other OW carriers will follow.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:34 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
BA will start crediting the R fare as of 01MAY and probably other OW carriers will follow.
AA has already announced crediting R fare as of 01MAY.

Hard to decide what should I book for next winter:
KBV 1205€
HKT 1320€
BKK 1370€
ADL 2240€
MEL 2300€
SYD 2305€
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
AY+ is km based, but BAEC is segment/zone based, so a HEL-DOH-xxx might earn quite a few extra TPs compared to the direct AY. If the prices are as compattitive as they look, for BAEC earning flyers it might be a great incentive to switch to QR.

OTOH direct flights (where available) are direct flights and I for one started to REALLY appreciate AY's direct Asian flights.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by HJP
AA has already announced crediting R fare as of 01MAY.

Hard to decide what should I book for next winter:
KBV 1205€
HKT 1320€
BKK 1370€
ADL 2240€
MEL 2300€
SYD 2305€
I have an easy solution for your problem: book them all!

Seriously: awaiting AY to announce the R fare crediting.
Have not analyzed the layover times etc. but those Kangaroo fares look tempting, indeed.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AY+ is km based, but BAEC is segment/zone based, so a HEL-DOH-xxx might earn quite a few extra TPs compared to the direct AY. If the prices are as compattitive as they look, for BAEC earning flyers it might be a great incentive to switch to QR.

OTOH direct flights (where available) are direct flights and I for one started to REALLY appreciate AY's direct Asian flights.
I can see that many people do appreciate Direct flights BUT I for one am NOT a big fan of AY J service abd the morning departure ex BKk is a killer

Only reason I would buy AY J is IF I credited to AY+ but as long as I am AY basic there is no incentive to do so

I may just book that SGN QR though, that would seal the deal on baEC Gold and AA EXP then again I will wait to see what kind of promo JV runs this summer of any... Should be published next week! If historical data is to be trusted
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
those Kangaroo fares look tempting, indeed.
They're the best in the bunch. Flights to TH are not bad, but unknown transit times in the middle of the night in DOH vs a well planned ex-EUR flight via HEL would still make me book AY. Now to down under those fares are incredibly good and there's no direct option either.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
They're the best in the bunch. Flights to TH are not bad, but unknown transit times in the middle of the night in DOH vs a well planned ex-EUR flight via HEL would still make me book AY. Now to down under those fares are incredibly good and there's no direct option either.
Last time I was in Australia I was 12yo. If there's a AY forum SYD/MEL/AKL etc DO, I'm in!

Last edited by cistavoda; Apr 29, 2016 at 9:25 am Reason: no I'm not 13 this year
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Last time I was in Australia I was 12yo. If there's a AY forum SYD/MEL/AKL etc DO, I'm in!
Call!

I'm already booked on SYD first week in nov (can PM details if you want to look into that.

And I'll raise you!

Willing to add a AKL trip, to celebrate QR opening (one of?) the worlds longest fligts.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:56 pm

Just discovered HEL-CPT for less than 2000€, only a couple of days in Nov-Dec.
A decent nine hour daytime stop outbound in DOH and only 2 hours on the inbound.

These tend to be close to 3000€ and more ex-EU, points-wise not a bargain but I am planning a vacation in ZA and HEL-CPT with only 1 stop sounds really tempting.
I am about to pull the trigger anytime...

Last edited by ff_flyer; Apr 29, 2016 at 2:47 pm Reason: typos
Old May 28, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Seriously: awaiting AY to announce the R fare crediting.
Any news on this?

---edit
Actually ill answer this myself.
I sent webform query to AY Plus, and didnt except any reply, but 10 minutes later i got an email.

"R price class (business) is coming soon into Finnar Plus programme.

Unfortunately i dont have exact date when this update is coming"

Signed by "Oma Nimi, customer service agent"

Last edited by Jorma; May 28, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Old May 28, 2016, 11:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
June 1, is the date I've been told.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Current business class "never seen so low prices before" promo (R): Bangkok 1145 e, Kuala Lumpur 1295 e, Sydney 1895 e as an example. Promo ends May 31st.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by intuition
June 1, is the date I've been told.
Just like to inform you all that the change we were looking for now have been published. June 1 as predicted.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
So R is also 125%, I somehow predicted that it would be only max. 100%

And a bit off-topic just got a mail from QR that they have changed 777 to A380 on DOH-SYD route for my flights in November. Quite improvement from 2-2-2 to 1-2-1 in J for that 13hour flight. So now it's new plane smell all the way from OSL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.