Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 4:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Eyrie
Wonder if points from the flight will give instant gold status :P
It was funny to see the players posing with the gold medals pretending to bit them. Only problem was most of them didn't have any front teeth

Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Soon 2h late. Scheduled for 11.00, but seems to be still on the ground in Bratislava.
Maybe OH-LXM has gone tech. That would be disastrous publicity for AY ��

It could be that the gentlemen have gone tech/awol after eating too much salad last night in BTS?

florens and remymartin like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Apparently the delay was caused by some missing luggage. The air force came to greet them (and the Russian jets apparently came to check out the situation a bit earlier! )

florens likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AY LUMO
This flight used callsign "Finnair World Champions" when approaching HEL.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Eyrie
Apparently the delay was caused by some missing luggage. The air force came to greet them (and the Russian jets apparently came to check out the situation a bit earlier! )

https://twitter.com/FinnairSuomi/sta...02492969721856
They wanted to see the guys that beat their guys
cistavoda and Eyrie like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
For once a pleasant experience with Swissport at JFK ^

Unlike the TSA agent who yelled "Are you saying Helsinki is not out the country??" at me for presenting my Georgia driver's license along with my AY bp, wanted to see my passport which I had to reach for out of my bag.

There is no requirement for a passport when heading thru the TSA checkpoint, only one piece of identification as outlined here. It is up to the airline to determine whether or not I can board and the CBP (Customs and Border Protection) can set up shop at the gate if they want to. If I was headed on a domestic feeder out of JFK and onwards on an INTL flight she would’ve not known the difference. What a silly thing to try to police.

Note that a Finnish drivers license isn't valid in this case incase one of you wants to try this trick.

rant over.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
For once a pleasant experience with Swissport at JFK ^

Unlike the TSA agent who yelled "Are you saying Helsinki is not out the country??" at me for presenting my Georgia driver's license along with my AY bp, wanted to see my passport which I had to reach for out of my bag.

There is no requirement for a passport when heading thru the TSA checkpoint, only one piece of identification as outlined here. It is up to the airline to determine whether or not I can board and the CBP (Customs and Border Protection) can set up shop at the gate if they want to. If I was headed on a domestic feeder out of JFK and onwards on an INTL flight she would’ve not known the difference. What a silly thing to try to police.

Note that a Finnish drivers license isn't valid in this case incase one of you wants to try this trick.
TSA agents are not great at thinking this through. Flying US to Canada I often get asked for my passport. Neither my NEXUS card (which satisfies both Canadian and US border control) nor my QC driving licence will do, even though both documents are explicitly listed in the book of valid IDs they have under their desk. Often requires a supervisor, although last time the supervisor saw California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware in the alphabetic list and deduced that Québec is not in their list.

The funny thing is that NEXUS cards are issued by the United States.
ffay005 and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Apparently, last sunday it was 95 years since the first scheduled flight, HEL-STO.
Maybe FT'ers are more for doing inaugural flights, but did anyone here fly HEL-STO last sunday?
(Not that Finnair remembered it - their face book team posted about it two days after the anniversary!

Perhaps we reconvene on HEL-STO 02 JUN 2024 for the centennial?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TravellingSalesman
TSA agents are not great at _________
Fill the gap with absolutely anything.
TravellingSalesman likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:53 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Apparently, last sunday it was 95 years since the first scheduled flight, HEL-STO.
Maybe FT'ers are more for doing inaugural flights, but did anyone here fly HEL-STO last sunday?
(Not that Finnair remembered it - their face book team posted about it two days after the anniversary!

Perhaps we reconvene on HEL-STO 02 JUN 2024 for the centennial?
I did ARN-HEL last Sunday but guess that didn’t count 😁
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I tried (without knowing it was a special day) but all day was zero.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:13 am
Suspended

AY100 just arrived in Helsinki after a 29 hour delay. Two diversions to PEK. A friend was on the flight. Outside of EU261 and expenses, is there anything else she could claim for? I mean a 29 hour delay, even though the diversion was to a major hub airport (PEK) seems extremely bad.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
It looks like Marriott is opening a Moxy in Jätkäsaari (Helsinki) in spring 2021.
Trav1970 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:06 am

And 2 Marriotts coming to Vantaa.
Trav1970 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh. I never used my amex-comped-gold-bonvoy card, neither studied their program due to their foorprint in my travel, but perhaps I need to check it now. Mainly using Hilton, little IHG (was my main card but dumped it after devaluations etc)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
Oh. I never used my amex-comped-gold-bonvoy card, neither studied their program due to their foorprint in my travel, but perhaps I need to check it now. Mainly using Hilton, little IHG (was my main card but dumped it after devaluations etc)
Bonvoy Gold is pretty worthless by now. Sort of an OWR, miniscule benefits that are mainly window dressing. Need Platinum before it is worth anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.