Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old May 2, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I know few of those Delhi idiots. I guess they are here too.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lento
Some "idiot's" story in the mainstream media:
https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2019/0...lhiin-ja-tulee

Someone among us ?
One of us here flies to PRG often...

This must have been some YLE editors idea... 'Hey Iida, the Swedes are self flagellating themselves on Flygskam. Can you write up something quick? Didn't you tell us of this dude who flies to Dehli for 3 hours?'
Old May 2, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
The last paragpraph was great serving
Old May 2, 2019, 5:19 am

Someone among us ?
This indeed was (at least partly) true höpö-höpö.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:50 am

Someone among us ?
Well, googling his name gives https://twitter.com/cistavoda?lang=en

So maybe yes.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by reflektia
Well, googling his name gives https://twitter.com/cistavoda?lang=en

So maybe yes.
Even without the last name a good amount of people here would have guessed right.
vulle, florens and cistavoda like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I guess there might be a Hesari-idiot aroound too
OH-LGG likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Has global warning really become a limiting factor for flying in Finland?
I have seen exactly 0 mention of global warming in conjunction with flying in the mainstream media of the massive island called Australia.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Australia is very well off due to the export of coal to the rest of the world. The powerful NSW coal lobby will make sure the message is accordingly worded... also in large islands the options to travel with aircraft are rather limited?
Old May 2, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Someone among us ?
Yes, but he did at least protect the brotherhood. For instance by using fake denominations like Polvet suussa-luokassa ("knee-in-mouth-class") instead of the established Marsunhäkki ("guniea pig cage")
Old May 2, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And you were mentioned too!

A funny article. No surprise that YLE's viewpoint is environment, climate, environment, climate.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by intuition
OK, Finland has similar principle of right to take pictures in public space. But I assume onboard is not counted as public space and thus Finnair would be able to post some restrictions. A quick google tells me they haven't.
Actually it does count as a public venue. How come? Anyone is eligible to purchase a ticket to the flight. The very same rule that applies to concerts, museums, football matches etc. If the right of entry can be obtained by anyone, then it's a public venue. You may post a photo ban in a such place, because it's effectively void and unlawful.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Indeed, the word can be applied to the kind of person the article tries to portray. No, not the resident Delhi MR geek in question, but what the YLE article is suggesting - flying a meger AY+ Gold.

Originally Posted by YLE (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
Pistetason ylläpitäminen vaatii suunnitelmallisuutta varsinkin jos ei lennä työn puolesta. Esimerkiksi Finnairin kultatasolle pääsee, kun lentää vuoden aikana 46 reittilentoa.
Maintaining your level of points requires planning especially, if one doesn't fly for work. For instance one reaches the gold level of Finnair, when one flies 46 scheduled flights during a year.

Now that's just something for amateurs. So no worries, the article is indeed crap. Furthermore DEL is about miles, not segments, so the writer is obviously not converse in this subject.

As for the climate change moaning in Finland regarding flights, I just say that we're probably going to face at least four tough years for Finnair, in case they really intend to hamper domestic connections with a domestic jet fuel mixing requirement. In a land of great distances it will hurt many cities in the long run, when speedy connections with one carrier available become jeopardised. And of course the significance for the issue at hand is... Well, perhaps even negative, if it requires imports from far away. I don't belittle the topic, but we just talk about it like we're Jebus and save the planet. In reality e.g. maritime fuel would be a more critical topic on a global scale.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; May 2, 2019 at 12:56 pm Reason: typo
Old May 2, 2019, 12:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Actually it does count as a public venue. How come? Anyone is eligible to purchase a ticket to the flight. The very same rule that applies to concerts, museums, football matches etc. If the right of entry can be obtained by anyone, then it's a public venue. You may post a photo ban in a such place, because it's effectively void and unlawful.

OK, then that may be a difference. I think that e.g. Tukholman metro system is not considered public venue in this context, so they could post a photo ban if they like.
The distinction being a venue where some entity (other than the public) has "right of decision". A bit muddy reasoning here, I can't formulate it better.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

Someone among us ?
It is surprising that the unlimited coke (read Pepsi) in the PRG poor lounge hasn't discouraged the idiot in question from flying. On the other hand, I can see why it had started the curiosity for better lounges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.