Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Again it didnt work.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Oh, what is a zero worth anyway?!

(Can you soon post something like this that does work ?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:46 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by HJP
IMO AY is really good at this INF thing:
- revenue INF ticket costs something (taxes)
- award INF ticket actually costs 0€ incl. taxes

Booked an award HEL-ACE-HEL for one adult + INF, total cost 24.60€ + 31000p. Not bad.
Onboard AY1699 right now. Fully booked flight, not possible to get own seat for INF. But A321 row 1 + bassinet for max 11kg works just fine. I remember reading that the bassinet is only for max 9kg/70cm, but it says 11kg and our 10kg/76cm fits well.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by HJP; Mar 9, 2019 at 2:54 am
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:45 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold

OH-LZI bassinet
Here is a picture of 32B bassinet.
NoWindowSeat and SPBanker like this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:04 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Bingham me

I was pretty excited the day that bad boy came in.

So 10 years ago this bad boy came in and has given me a lot of pleasure over the years. Yes, this was my first and only platinum gift and it has brought me much joy over the years.

The first weeks, months maybe even years I was amazed how good coffee it made, and I am sure it was a much better gift than any branded piece of luggage could ever have been.

With time though, impression has faded. Partly my expectations have matured, partly it makes half-baked coffee these days (something clogged up inside or the pressure system is not as tight as it used to be, as water only gets pushed through half of the beans.

So after 10 years of service it is now a mantlepiece reminding me of some good times, but also asking to either be retired or refurbished. As for being a platinum loyalty gift I'm wondering if there is much symbolism in here to ponder. Perhaps I'll do that over a hot cup of java.

Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by intuition
I was pretty excited the day that bad boy came in.

So 10 years ago this bad boy came in and has given me a lot of pleasure over the years. Yes, this was my first and only platinum gift and it has brought me much joy over the years.

The first weeks, months maybe even years I was amazed how good coffee it made, and I am sure it was a much better gift than any branded piece of luggage could ever have been.

With time though, impression has faded. Partly my expectations have matured, partly it makes half-baked coffee these days (something clogged up inside or the pressure system is not as tight as it used to be, as water only gets pushed through half of the beans.

So after 10 years of service it is now a mantlepiece reminding me of some good times, but also asking to either be retired or refurbished. As for being a platinum loyalty gift I'm wondering if there is much symbolism in here to ponder. Perhaps I'll do that over a hot cup of java.

I also got one of these. Served me faithfully until it experienced a sudden death last year. I ended up buying a new one (another brand, though).
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ten years ago these were relatively expensive...!

As to the INF with seat question above: its called a INS (infant in seat) and can be done the same way as INF (these are usually not coded as an additional person in the PNR but just tagged onto an adult in the booking). But the price and effort is the same as for a CHD, so agents mostly book it as a CHD. CHD with age <2years will not be blocked by the system, it only starts throwing a tantrum if older than 12.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ten years ago these were relatively expensive...!
Yes, I have a faint recollection of list price being something like 800€ or so. I remember looking through the platinum gift selection and finding this both pretty valuable and desirable.
This is from the last year they had tier gifts (at least I wasn't offered anything the next year), I assume this change was due to membership year shortened to 1y.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
As to the INF with seat question above: its called a INS (infant in seat) and can be done the same way as INF (these are usually not coded as an additional person in the PNR but just tagged onto an adult in the booking). But the price and effort is the same as for a CHD, so agents mostly book it as a CHD. CHD with age <2years will not be blocked by the system, it only starts throwing a tantrum if older than 12.

Ah, good to know, had no idea about INS.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Could someone inform me, if there was any difference between the emergency exit rows (11 and 12) on the AY A320-200? Can't honestly speaking remember how they differ in reality, since it's a while I've sat there.

Much appreciated!

(Duh, I'm visually impaired, I guess. "Row 11 has more legroom than row 12, but row 12 is still significantly better than regular rows." Found it via the dashboard.)
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
And row 11 doesn't recline, I think.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
According to my notes, 11A and 11F do not recline but the other four seats do.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by ffay005
According to my notes, 11A and 11F do not recline but the other four seats do.
Okay, so it's the seats I've in fact selected. Then again, it's rare for me to recline my seat on shorthauls.

Thanks however for the information!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Have you noticed that from time to time, they train security theater actors at T1? When they do this, it takes them veeeery long to scan the bags. While I might understand that not all training can be simulated, what bothers me is that they have these trainees work the priority line. What priority is it to have a queue of three take as long as a queue of twelve?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I once had to wait like 20-30 minutes in the Far West security check (terminal 2) due to training. I'm not sure it's specific to T1, or maybe they change which one is assigned to that duty.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Once again: when approaching the boarding gate as one of the first ones, the gate agent loudly reminded me: "group 1 only". I just wonder how long it takes for AY staff to understand that priority passenger might also be travelling wearing hoodie and sneakers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.