Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
That moment, when both your better-half and you look at each other and say in unison - "let's take flights with longer layover in HKG so we can enjoy The Pier more".
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Superrman
That's American FA for you
"Remember we are here for your safety!"
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Originally Posted by reflektia
Does anyone have any idea how standby upgrades work with AA? I have now been twice on list inside year (once cleared), most of the time not. Onboard they always acknowledge me as exp.
Interesting - out of many AA flights in Y, there has been one single time I (as AY Plat) received some acknowledgement from the crew. For the most part my take is that they assume that anyone who is EXP has been upgraded and they do not care to look at their handhelds or anything.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Guillou
Interesting - out of many AA flights in Y, there has been one single time I (as AY Plat) received some acknowledgement from the crew. For the most part my take is that they assume that anyone who is EXP has been upgraded and they do not care to look at their handhelds or anything.
I was upgraded from Main Cabin Extra to Domestic First a couple of weeks ago, travelling as Finnair Plus Platinum (Charlotte to JFK). I was already seated when the flight attendant asked if I could move to First and handed me an updated boarding pass. Flight was fully booked and someone else took my original place in Main Cabin Extra. The first time this happened to me at American. Otherwise, I have never received any special treatment onboard as OWE when travelling domestic economy, but I usually travel on flights shorter than 2 hours and they don't have a lot of service on those flights.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
My first J op-up was with AA, due to massive overbooking, and it was no domestic.

I have only once been treated as ExPlat on board. That seems more like the exception than the rule.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:00 pm

I was upgraded once to domestic first on AA when the plane was practically empty. Only few seats taken in the back, me being alone in the front. I have also had a few other op-ups with AA when traveling as AY plat, these with full plane.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:05 pm
R2

AY's new super A359 has up to 22 rows of business class

Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:27 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Draw for all adult Plat/Lumo members to win a trip for 2 to LAX to celebrate the new route, flights and 4 nights included. I guess you all have the same email from AY today..
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Draw for all adult Plat/Lumo members to win a trip for 2 to LAX to celebrate the new route, flights and 4 nights included. I guess you all have the same email from AY today..
Negative. No mail here.
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Yeah I got it. I don't really understand that promo TBH.

The same email has a promo for entrance to Taste of Bubbles with monies + points.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Negative. No mail here.
I guess they didn't bother as they know you'd never stay more than the turnaround at the airport!
ffay005, OH-LGG, FFlash and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:11 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Blimey - I got this offer. I apparently must be a platinum member today.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
I guess the offer is not for Lumo members.
on22cz likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Got the mail too. But it is Y.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Really?! I didn't even bother clicking link to check the offer. Now glad I didn't.
NoWindowSeat likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.