Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:37 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I'd give a Burnsian 'Excellent' for this:
Door 1 -> F
Door 2 -> J
Y do tarmac boarding via door 4
Or AY style for many LHs, at least now during the construction (which might never catch up with the traffic expansion...but that's another story) and everybody do tarmac boarding = mad dash via 2L after 30mins in the bus.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
Newspapers on the Nordic Sky shorthaul wifi portal are now chargeable. The entire newspaper magazine set costs 2100 points or 6 euros. Still free for Plats, Lumos and J passengers, you must log in into the portal. In line with the previous policy, but still somewhat surprising.
And it's official: as of 1 March 2019 there will be no printed newspapers on (most) SH flights. I guess most refers to all A32S flights, while E90 flights might get to keep their newspapers?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
And it's official: as of 1 March 2019 there will be no printed newspapers on (most) SH flights. I guess most refers to all A32S flights, while E90 flights might get to keep their newspapers?
Ouch.... I’m 25 and considered to be one of the digital generation. However I do not like this development at all. I like my paper in hand...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Ouch.... I’m 25 and considered to be one of the digital generation. However I do not like this development at all. I like my paper in hand...
Exactly. Hate to scroll the pdf version across the small screen of a smartphone.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Dream on. You think Norra, who is barely scraping by will load newsprint when the operating airline doesn't require it???
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder how much AY will save in fuel costs when they don't have to carry newspapers anymore.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder how much AY will save in fuel costs when they don't have to carry newspapers anymore.
I doubt the weight will be any less with new wifi access points and server in place. But the logistical costs of shuffling newspapers around will save a few dimes.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lufthansa moved to ejournals some time ago... the consultants who flog this idea must be touring Europe.

The logistics of the newsprint is quite substantial and the left behind magazines create quite a bit of waste which slows down turnaround times. That said its rather stupid to eliminate it. Taking out the overhead IFE in the A320 or squeezing in one more more slimline seat row would be easier.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Taking out the overhead IFE in the A320 ...
Oh, I hope they get rid of those screens! They're nothing but an annoyance. It would be a different thing if they showed something sensible, and you could plug in your headphones to hear the soundtrack.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
This is bad news. We discussed this earlier when they removed newspapers from LH. I will never read any newspaper or magazine from a screen. During take-off and landing, what is better than IS/HS/KL?
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lufthansa moved to ejournals some time ago... the consultants who flog this idea must be touring Europe.

The logistics of the newsprint is quite substantial and the left behind magazines create quite a bit of waste which slows down turnaround times. That said its rather stupid to eliminate it. Taking out the overhead IFE in the A320 or squeezing in one more more slimline seat row would be easier.
I always thought the selection of newspaper you can take before boarding LH flights is actually provided by LH, not airports. At least in December it was still like this. Maybe e-journals were also available, but that I didn't care of.

Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh, I hope they get rid of those screens! They're nothing but an annoyance. It would be a different thing if they showed something sensible, and you could plug in your headphones to hear the soundtrack.
How are those screens annoying you? I couldn't appreciate them more for the moving flight maps before the wifi has spread across the fleet. Now it's less of an issue, but aren't there still few planes without wifi connection? Earlier though, I didn't like flying without the screens as I couldn't see the best of any IFE.

Originally Posted by Ukki
This is bad news. We discussed this earlier when they removed newspapers from LH. I will never read any newspaper or magazine from a screen. During take-off and landing, what is better than IS/HS/KL?
Not sure what your experience is like, but I'd say newspaper delivery before take-off has taken place in way less than 50% cases. It doesn't make sense as that's exactly the time when people would appreciate them most.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:01 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well one could see this coming but I regret the move. Nothing beats old fashioned paper in many of the situations you have in the cabin.

Last edited by intuition; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Unfortunately it didnt work

Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Unfortunately it didnt work

oh these happen? I once found an offer of 0€ But when clicking on it, jumped to normal ay prices
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I've always seen those "offers" as being rather random and having nothing to do with actual prices. I've even booked flights at a lower price than what was advertised on the offers page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.