Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Noted also the missing seat pockets on the new "low-end" A32B:s on exit row 10. Wonder who made that (stupid) decision.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
My plane also landed at gate 5X (I think it might have been 55), and we took a bus for a long sightseeing around the tarmac. Were you on AY814, arriving 18:35?
Yes indeed.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
[tounge-in-cheek]
Watching the Finnkamp/Ruotsi ottelu where it is reported swedish Daniel Ståhl won the discus, despite loosing his bag and needing to take taxi from Helsinki to Tammersfors. Did Finnair once again try to even out the odds?
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jouhka
Noted also the missing seat pockets on the new "low-end" A32B:s on exit row 10. Wonder who made that (stupid) decision.
There is a side pocket though.

side pocket by seat 10A
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:57 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Blast from the past.

ffay005, OH-LGG and FFlash like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by florens

side pocket by seat 10A
Looks like 10F.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
Topi Manner (Head of personal banking, Nordea) has been appointed CEO of Finnair as of 01 Jan 2019. .
Must be the youngest CEO of Finnair.

But he is good vintage!
Born 1974
^
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Nature reclaimed the reclaimed land at KIX
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20180904_37/

Finnair should never have let the old Junkers G28 go, seaplanes could have useful...
AY77 cancelled 2 days in a row.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
OMFG! Looks nearly as bad as Sendai did after the tsunami. Knowing the Japanese, I think KIX will be back in business soon, but boy, am I happy not to be stranded there. Off to NGO in a few weeks...

There are quite a few airports on similar elevation, so this could happen again and again.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Looks like 10F.
Of course. What was I thinking. It was too early this morning when I was writing...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OMFG! Looks nearly as bad as Sendai did after the tsunami. Knowing the Japanese, I think KIX will be back in business soon, but boy, am I happy not to be stranded there. Off to NGO in a few weeks...

There are quite a few airports on similar elevation, so this could happen again and again.
I do wonder why ANA left 3 planes parked at terninal 1, as seemingly the only airline. At least they seem to have been on the far side of the flooded area, but it could look like they have been touched by salt water if not exactly flooded.

In Japan Chubu, Kobe, and to a lesser degree Haneda springs to mind for a similar risk. In Asia I guess Hong Kong should be thrown in to the same category.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:42 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
UKB re-opened, but it might be awhile before KIX is. The bridge connecting airport to mainland was heavily damaged by a loose tanker, drifting straight into the south lane. 3 000 stranded pax had to be ferried across.
Bridge and airport is said to be reopened "tomorrow or later". They are phenomenal in rebuilding, though, so I too think it will open soon.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In Japan Chubu, Kobe, and to a lesser degree Haneda springs to mind for a similar risk. In Asia I guess Hong Kong should be thrown in to the same category.
ICN comes to mind as well.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
UKB re-opened, but it might be awhile before KIX is. The bridge connecting airport to mainland was heavily damaged by a loose tanker, drifting straight into the south lane. 3 000 stranded pax had to be ferried across.
Bridge and airport is said to be reopened "tomorrow or later". They are phenomenal in rebuilding, though, so I too think it will open soon.
They have a shuttle bus running to and from the airport, the ferrys from Kobe are running again, but the runways are still closed The runways are not going to open during the 5th is the latest status
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:29 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They have a shuttle bus running to and from the airport, the ferrys from Kobe are running again, but the runways are still closed The runways are not going to open during the 5th is the latest status
Correct, I misread the texts. It said "Travellers arriving at Kobe airport" but it was not about air-travllers, but the stranded KIX passengers who were ferried to Kobe!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.