Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I guess OPC means credit card purchase fee, but I don't know how it develops ? Online Purchase Cost??
It is the innocent term "optional payment charge". Who does not like to have an optional charge?

But knowing FFlash he knows most acronyms by heart.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The OPC came about because Lufthansa wanted to pass on the merchant fees imposed by the banks to the consumer. This practice is legally questionable as vendors are not supposed to pass on such fees in the first place. Then the EU force Visa/MC to reduce their merchant fees for personal cards. So LH quietly reduced the OPC to a minimal amount that is the same for most cards, and irregardless of business or personal use.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Next to the stairs to the Schengen lounge, Finnair had a ‘voluntary passenger and hang luggage weight’ study. I did not participate. The weight of my hand luggage isn’t a problem, the passenger on the other hand...

Would be interesting to know what they try to achieve? Surely they must understand that people with heavy hand luggage won’t expose themselves to the airline by participating?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by niksal
Next to the stairs to the Schengen lounge, Finnair had a ‘voluntary passenger and hang luggage weight’ study. I did not participate. The weight of my hand luggage isn’t a problem, the passenger on the other hand...

Would be interesting to know what they try to achieve?

How much weight do people gain in the Schengen lounge. And do they smuggle out some stuff in their hand luggage.
royng and FFlash like this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by niksal

Would be interesting to know what they try to achieve? Surely they must understand that people with heavy hand luggage won’t expose themselves to the airline by participating?
The same weighing was at the Gate 27 two weeks ago. Some leisure travellers participated in the study and they were making it a competition of who is the biggest "criminal" with most weight on.

I hope this is a sign that AY will soon start enforcing their carry-on limits.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Fuel requirements: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...re-they-board/
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:56 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
With that spelling one starts to wonder if the article was written by well travelled bisnetic person from Brisbane.
vulle and SPBanker like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Also, Finland is not in Scandinavia....
royng and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Hartsa
... Some leisure travellers participated in the study and they were making it a competition of who is the biggest "criminal" with most weight on.
Hey, this sounds like a great concept to be gamified! Weigh yourself and your stuff at the gate, share on social media, have a chance to win 500 award points.
ffay005, vulle, royng and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:44 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Also, Finland is not in Scandinavia....
... but Helinksi might be!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jainzar
How much weight do people gain in the Schengen lounge. And do they smuggle out some stuff in their hand luggage.
Wouldn't this be awkward, to be overweight hand luggage and police at the gate. Open your bag and start reducing weight and all of a sudden all your Fazer candies, biscuit boxes, etc start to swell over from your bag and your fellow travellers catch you those are lounge stuff

While on that topic, there is quite amusing long thread in our neighbour forum about what you can/might take and carry with you from an airplane. Did some of you stuff the plat-JP ordered for Erika to your bag and home to your real Erika (nah you drink it on the way on P-train like locals). Or what about LGG asking for second and third Riistaleipä as he is hungry but stuffs them in the bag instead (this might be an acceptable cause, since the ARN flight is so short that you cannot indulge the bad the taste in such a short hop)? What else could you take and how, and why?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The answer to "what else?" is simple - anything not nailed down.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I consistently take a couple of Fazer chocolates from the lounge. A couple means like 4–5. I stuck them in my cabin bag and enjoy them in some far away land in the peace and quiet of my hotel room.

And in the non-Schengen lounge, I ask for a bottle of still water and say it's for the flight because I don't want them to open it. No problems.

Other than that, I can't really see there's anything worth stealing in the AY lounges.
Tapio likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:18 pm

This/next night's AY99/100 changed to marsuhäkki-config, it was well overbooked. Previously, only one seat in business was available, I guess finnair has bad news for some business flyers
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by reflektia
This/next night's AY99/100 changed to marsuhäkki-config, it was well overbooked. Previously, only one seat in business was available, I guess finnair has bad news for some business flyers
One switch more: non-marsuhäkki OH-LWG going to HKG

And A333 to LHR this mornng.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.