Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:28 am
R2

C class offers ex-JFK

AY's current C class offers ex-JFK include HEL for $3139, fair enough. The real steal, however, is RVN and OUL both available for a bargain price of $5235! Think of the poor sucker who pays $2100 more for the flight HEL-OUL when the going price is around $100.

Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:15 am

They should have specials featuring both RVN and TXL at businetic prices.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:51 pm

Did somebody already try the improved service they were going to introduce on HEL-PVG starting from last week?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Looks like my mileage running is making Finnair 's 2017 positive and record high

Q4 comparable operating result increased to 22.9 million euros and FY 2017 comparable operating result tripled to a record-high 170.4 million euros
https://investors.finnair.com/en/result-center
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Looks like my mileage running is making Finnair 's 2017 positive and record high

Then again - your DY feeders had a different effect

EBITDA excl other losses/(gains) of NOK -901 million (-250)
https://www.norwegian.com/globalasse...017-report.pdf
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:51 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG

One man singlehandedly convinced AY to increase HEL-STO to 14 daily..

... and they will be very surprised later in the year when the very strong HEL-PRG demand fell by 50%...

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 16, 2018 at 7:47 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member; suggest using multi-quote feature.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Continuing on Vauramos comments about short flights which will see pressure to be axed in future, I envision that TMP is the first on hit list, as I don't see any "advantage" to keep TMP feeders.
They probably keep TKU, since it faces competition by Wizzair, SAS to Stockholm, AirBaltic to RIX and possible triangle routing to be keep MHQ alive unless they want to run HEL-MHQ directly.
TLL they will keep for sure due to the wastewater pond between Helsinki and Tallinn, and LED is kept for sure being in Russia.
Possibly VAA could be on hit list too due to improved rail connection, but maybe still too far it is and has SAS competition via Stockholm.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Continuing on Vauramos comments about short flights which will see pressure to be axed in future, I envision that TMP is the first on hit list, as I don't see any "advantage" to keep TMP feeders.
I just noticed that domestic ASK hit "all-time" high in january, so it doesn't look like they are cutting very much...
Domestic loadfactor hit "all-time" low in january but apparently that is not enough pressure to ax capacity...

"all-time" - the last 4 years, didn't bother to go further back.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:27 pm

Interesting.
However, the comment was that in future there will be "penalty taxes" or such for very short flights and probably those will be scrutinized one way or other, which is ecological at least. In fact, it sounds silly to have feeders from TMP or TKU which are less than 2 hours highway drive anyway, but well those are good for locals who like to get an extra segment to make their cards more luminous and that. Or enjoy the benefits of small airports. Or whatever.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
They probably keep TKU, since it faces competition by Wizzair, SAS to Stockholm, AirBaltic to RIX and possible triangle routing to be keep MHQ alive unless they want to run HEL-MHQ directly.
TMP and TKU should be quite similar in your analysis since SK and BT serve TKU and TMP.

However, the comment was that in future there will be "penalty taxes" or such for very short flights and probably those will be scrutinized one way or other, which is ecological at least. In fact, it sounds silly to have feeders from TMP or TKU which are less than 2 hours highway drive anyway, but well those are good for locals who like to get an extra segment to make their cards more luminous and that. Or enjoy the benefits of small airports. Or whatever.

The short distance is no argument against the flights. It is mainly the competition that keeps you there. LH keeps FRA - STR alive with whopping 5 daily A319/320 flights. Flight time is set to around 50min while the train takes you in around 70min from FRA to Stuttgart city.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
TLL they will keep for sure
HEL-TLL must be one of the most profitable routes, with 350-400€ same day returns for 2x20 minutes in the air. Also ex-TLL longhaul fares are nowhere near as discounted as were a few years ago.

Here are the stats for 2017 by airports - interestingly JYV is only a third of TMP and fifth of TKU

https://www.finavia.fi/sites/default...ttain-fi_0.pdf

and this is an interesting map showing destinations from any given airport in FI

https://finavia.fltmaps.com/en

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Feb 17, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
In any case, TMP is almost sure to be axed if/when VR opens a direct Tampere/North link to the HEL. I have not heard of plans for a Turku/West link (and the train tracks beyond Kyrkslätt to the West are crappy).

Now, they would need to reserve IATA codes for VR. (Courmisch, regular user of CDG-XDB.)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
A while ago I found out that there is an interesting minimum connection time listed:

HEC Helsinki Central Railway Station
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Aviating
A while ago I found out that there is an interesting minimum connection time listed:

HEC Helsinki Central Railway Station
Thats for AY coded Allegro service to St Petersburg (FVS).
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
In any case, TMP is almost sure to be axed if/when VR opens a direct Tampere/North link to the HEL. I have not heard of plans for a Turku/West link (and the train tracks beyond Kyrkslätt to the West are crappy).

Now, they would need to reserve IATA codes for VR. (Courmisch, regular user of CDG-XDB.)
I've been to Lille once and wonder now if Finnair now offers booking French train connections in same ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.