Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Another Finnair Xmas video:
(it comes with the 2000 points bonus offer)
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Another Finnair Xmas video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzEuEZlylBU (it comes with the 2000 points bonus offer)
TLDW. Do I get 2000p if I watch it?
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Seriously, they want us to believe they decorated the C cabin of a A359 in PEK like that and coincidentally had that many kids on board that happen to terminate in HEL.... puhlease...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Seriously, they want us to believe they decorated the C cabin of a A359 in PEK like that and coincidentally had that many kids on board that happen to terminate in HEL.... puhlease...
And that the cabin happened to be that empty so that it could be decorated...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
And that the cabin happened to be that empty so that it could be decorated...
Had they claimed it was CKG it would've been plausible...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Let it sing Christmas songs.

Helsinki Flyer and SPBanker like this.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:39 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
That's actually cool.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Travelling in Business Class next week and got the pre-departure e-mail. I usually never bother to read it, but this time I did. My bolding.

Enjoy champagne and chocolate on board
Treat yourself by pre-ordering champagne and chocolate for your flight.
Choose your delicious on-board meal in advance.
I'm confused now.

Pre-ordering champagne is for Y travel, I suppose?
And pre-ordering meals is not possible when clicking onto the link. Do they mean special meals or regular meals?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by florens
Travelling in Business Class next week and got the pre-departure e-mail. I usually never bother to read it, but this time I did. My bolding.

I'm confused now.

Pre-ordering champagne is for Y travel, I suppose?
And pre-ordering meals is not possible when clicking onto the link. Do they mean special meals or regular meals?
I also have upcoming booking on Business, was able to select meal, it showed both special as well as regular meal.
Pre order Champagne 0.75l however costs 60 € and chocolate 15 €
florens likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda

It's done! Went for the smaller size just in case they deliver... I also checked the terms and conditions which state that refunds are available if Finnair fails to deliver the product.
So. Norra and AY did not deliver. Also, I see that the option for pre-orders has disappeared from my upcoming TLL trip in MMB. Refund request sent.
What a disappointment
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
What a disappointment
What a surprise.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
If anyone wants to know how to validate a AY+ number, some genius working for AY made it public. I am not familiar with this algorithm so for educational purposes why not discuss it here:

Ninth digit is the check digit.
From the rest of the 8 digits, make a sum of the odd positioned digits as they are and add to it each of the even positioned digits multiplied by 2,2 and truncated.
Take 200 and substract the sum
Do modulus 10 (ie find the left over after a integer divsion with 10). You now have the check-digit which should be equal to the ninth digit.

Or, with digits named n1 through n9:
Code:
n9 == ( (200 - n1 - n3 - n5 - n7 - (Math.floor(2.2 * n2)) - (Math.floor(2.2 * n4)) - (Math.floor(2.2 * n6)) - (Math
.floor(2.2 * n8))) % 10)
cistavoda, jmmi and HELboy like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Nothing super secret about it... the Luhn algorithm is a widely used checksum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:50 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nothing super secret about it... the Luhn algorithm is a widely used checksum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm
Yes, it is close but not exactly the standard Luhn. It would have been if they used the factor 2 for the even digits. But they use factor 2,2 and then trunc the product (resulting in the equivalence of applying factor 2 only on digits if their value is lower than 5, but for values of 5 through 9 applying the formula 2x+1)

Also, do note the subtraction (200 - sum)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

I did a test and it seems to have the same weaknesses as Luhn (won't detect some twin errors like 33 -> 66)

So it works much like a normal Luhn, but produces a different check number. Can't really find a reference to this algorithm so what is why I thought it was designed to obfuscate the check digit calculation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.