Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda

It's done! Went for the smaller size just in case they deliver... I also checked the terms and conditions which state that refunds are available if Finnair fails to deliver the product.
👍👍👍 Keep us posted 😀
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is it really that hard for the crew to run to the front galley and grab your Coke Zero from there ? How many Plats are there usually on HEL-ARN? I'm guessing 10-12 at most...
It seems to be too hard for them . With AY I seem to get the really great and helpful crews or the ones that barely passed and hate their job and life 😂😂😂 not much in between! Im guessing the latter are on HEL-ARN routes. But I have been doing that route more with SK now so I get my ever importabt coke zero 😂😂😂 yeah its that "important" 😀😀
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Today it was champers to everyone (even in 58Ö) on the morning service to LHR (and I think also on all others) - Happy birthday, Finland!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Today it was champers to everyone (even in 58Ö) on the morning service to LHR (and I think also on all others) - Happy birthday, Finland!
Only chocolates and birthday greetings offered on the Norra 45 min flight to TAY. Sky bistro was open, however.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Only chocolates and birthday greetings offered on the Norra 45 min flight to TAY. Sky bistro was open, however.
I flew to CKG on ID6: they served a candlelight dinner in J with Tapio Wirkkala Ultima Thule candle holders, which the pax got to keep.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:25 am

Heck I remember TKU-HEL and similar routes got served coffee and chocolates back in the FinnComm days, then it got switched to water only and today you get nothing.
i don’t remember free coffee but at least one could buy. On one early flight. I remember once buying a mini-bottle of champagne on the TLL-HEL (by flyBE). Ten years away there was enough time serve everyone a roll, tea and wine/soft drinks/beer (AY). Maybe they are afraid that if they introduce Skybistro then they have to serve free champagne to OWEs.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:30 am

Heck I remember TKU-HEL and similar routes got served coffee and chocolates back in the FinnComm days, then it got switched to water only and today you get nothing.
i don’t remember free coffee but at least one could buy. On one early flight. I remember once buying a mini-bottle of champagne on the TLL-HEL (by flyBE). Ten years away there was enough time serve everyone a roll, tea and wine/soft drinks/beer (AY). Maybe they are afraid that if they introduce Skybistro then they have to serve free champagne to OWEs.

It is funny that on the HEL-TKu leg AY and Finaviation could not have buy on board but Kar-Air operating ATRs managed that. The same cabin crew who have worked at FinnComm, BE and Norra on the HEL-TLL route, had time to do a BOB rub only when working at BE
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Question AY points accrual amendment?

Has AY updated their points accrual chart by +10 %, or is this just a typical AY IT-glitch?

when calculating the point accrual for a HEL-LHR AY value S one-way flight, the result given by the calculator (for a Gold) is 2530 tier points
(it used to be 2300 points for a Gold, so the increase is +10%)

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnair-plus/earn-points

Last edited by Karjaluokka; Dec 9, 2017 at 11:36 pm Reason: +10%
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:54 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Has AY updated their points accrual chart by +10 %, or is this just a typical AY IT-glitch?

when calculating the point accrual for a HEL-LHR AY value S one-way flight, the result given by the calculator (for a Gold) is 2530 tier points
(it used to be 2300 points for a Gold, so the increase is +10%)

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnair-plus/earn-points
Nice move if not a glitch. The calculator in Finnish does the same. Will find out within a week when the points from my flights tomorrow should appear.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
CC points used to post last day of month but still I am waiting MC and Diners to post last monht
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
CC points used to post last day of month but still I am waiting MC and Diners to post last monht
Funny enough my SEB cards with SK post points much faster then The same AY cards even though the bank is the same 😁😁😁

I just switched all my cards since The EB cards are free for me while the AY cards no longer were.

But I wonder what makes one post faster then the other. Big sosiological issues to ponder on a Sunday over morning coffee at 1130am 😂😂
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
I have the Nordea MC and the points for that did post at the end of November.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
I’ll be hitting a personal record this week that I sincerely hope I’ll never break. On Thursday, I will have my Plat renewed in 2 months and 13 days from the start of the qualification period. Every single flight in Y.
remymartin and CeruleanBlue like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by _ra_
I’ll be hitting a personal record this week that I sincerely hope I’ll never break. On Thursday, I will have my Plat renewed in 2 months and 13 days from the start of the qualification period. Every single flight in Y.

Is it status retention based on segments flown?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by _ra_
How is that possible? That’s more than one Longhaul Value every week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.