Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
^

As for DY tickets, always buy them in batches of 6.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
^

As for DY tickets, always buy them in batches of 6.
I don't shop sixpacks at Lidl
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Is there something with six tickets at a time? (I have only bought DY once, RVN-HEL and you might guess why I have not actually flown it...)
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
(I have only bought DY once, RVN-HEL and you might guess why I have not actually flown it...)
Because you couldn't combine it with your trip from Australia to Germany?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Is there something with six tickets at a time? ()
MMX-ARN-SFT-ARN-MMX-ARN-MMX

Or permutations of that. GOT works too, depends on where the 20€ tickets are.
I am sure you can get a similar pattern from HEL, even though HEL segment will be pricier
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yes, cant book free seat for upcoming and paid reservations.

And then tomorrow my first time onboard Lufthansa. FRA-TXL by legendary 747-400 and LH accepted my 50€ bid to C so it's Boeing-powered 40 minutes coming.
I should have done that for my FRA-TXL 747 flight earlier this month. The flight was packed to the rafters though.

You will be bussed to the terminal in TXL,it will be an E arrival. It worked fairly painlessly and quick with the busses. Except getting people from their photo spots to the bus....
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by jmmi
Because you couldn't combine it with your trip from Australia to Germany?
Negative. That was too obvious guess. I think he is hinting to: RVN 05OCT15 AY421/428
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AY LUMO

And then tomorrow my first time onboard Lufthansa. FRA-TXL by legendary 747-400 and LH accepted my 50€ bid to C so it's Boeing-powered 40 minutes coming.
This beats Fazer Blues.

Lufthansa sweeties in Business Class lounge
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Last Saturday in the loundge, there were no Fazer Blue's at all. Just the Fazer sign and some seasonal decoration on an otherwise empty table.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This beats Fazer Blues.

Lufthansa sweeties in Business Class lounge
In no way whatsoever, except if you're German and grew up on these.
Main ingredients: Gelatin, sugar, glucose syrup, starch, flavoring, food coloring, citric acid

Gummibär = kumikarhu, sounds yummi, too
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Speaking of Fazer:

Speaking of youtube... no finnair jolupukki video this year???
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Good writeup how that IFE screen gets filled with movies (that I personally never watch). http://crankyflier.com/2017/11/29/ho...ponsored-post/
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:50 am

I booked ticket to China with positioning flight from Eurpoe. Now I traveled the first part and my travel plans change. From 2 600 € (class D + I), the changing fee is 3 200 €. So total ticket price is 5 800 €... I don't get it as a new ticket would cost only 3 400 €. somehow tickets are not refundable either anymore.

Any idea what is going on? It is Egencia by the way.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Probably no more I bucket available for your new flight, so they practically sell you a new in D. Still doesn't sound right, as you should be paying the fare difference, not a whole new fare. Is this change fee online or talking to a real person?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by casper79
I booked ticket to China with positioning flight from Eurpoe. Now I traveled the first part and my travel plans change. From 2 600 € (class D + I), the changing fee is 3 200 €. So total ticket price is 5 800 €... I don't get it as a new ticket would cost only 3 400 €. somehow tickets are not refundable either anymore.

Any idea what is going on? It is Egencia by the way.
Sounds like your I class ticket had a restriction to be not changeable after departure, and they are selling you a one way D class ticket instead. The devil will be in the details of the conditions of your original booking. But my guess is that after first legs flown, remaining fare is "lost" for changes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.