Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, I was also looking for it, but it seems google have forgotten about it. It might have been so long ago as 10 years or so.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AY LUMO

Testing new FT function: uploading image direct from phone.
Aircraft type and location?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Aircraft type and location?
A350, San Francisco, Golden Gate Park.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:47 am

We just got a new management assistent.

I tried to explain her the Finnair pricing concept and that she should look to combine my upcoming China trip with an EU trip. She doesn't believe it, even if the numbers show her 4000 € vs 2200 €.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Belief based economics ARE a thing
Steve_Hun and CeruleanBlue like this.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by casper79
We just got a new management assistent.

I tried to explain her the Finnair pricing concept and that she should look to combine my upcoming China trip with an EU trip. She doesn't believe it, even if the numbers show her 4000 € vs 2200 €.
I have the same problem with my retired parents. Its very hard to explain to them that if they take a weekend vacation in Budapest they can save 2000 EUR each when they come and visit us in Hong Kong. They feel its somehow wrong or cheating or what ever.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
I have the same problem with my retired parents. Its very hard to explain to them that if they take a weekend vacation in Budapest they can save 2000 EUR each when they come and visit us in Hong Kong. They feel its somehow wrong or cheating or what ever.
It took some time to explain to my parents and grandparents, but when they understood they said why travel first in the wrong direction and then to your destination.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, hard to get thru...? 'why are you making us fly business? Isn't that expensive' After flying: 'OMG! (ok the finnish equivalent) Business is the best thing ever!'. 2 weeks later: 'why are you making us fly business? Isn't that expensive' So I put them in SAS plus longhaul: 'this was horrible, mummu still has leg pain!'
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yep, hard to get thru...? 'why are you making us fly business? Isn't that expensive' After flying: 'OMG! (ok the finnish equivalent) Business is the best thing ever!'. 2 weeks later: 'why are you making us fly business? Isn't that expensive' So I put them in SAS plus longhaul: 'this was horrible, mummu still has leg pain!'
When the fare from HEL-MUC in J on LH costs €338 RT, and it happened to be €30 cheaper than Y on the LH web.

"Are you sure it's not a scam?"
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I just call Finnair and upgrade my parents afterwards, no questions asked. They get new tickets in the email if they happen to notice.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
My mass tourism trip of the day: Tapiola-Matinkylä-Ruoholahti-Tapiola on Länsimetro Now I can go to HEL without any road transportation.

Free (small) shopping bag. Did not borrow anybody's kid, so could not get a balloon
cistavoda, Steve_Hun and Aviating like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
My mass tourism trip of the day: Tapiola-Matinkylä-Ruoholahti-Tapiola on Länsimetro Now I can go to HEL without any road transportation.

Free (small) shopping bag. Did not borrow anybody's kid, so could not get a balloon
Lame - first you should’ve taken a bus to Pasila connecting to VR to Helsinki and then connecting to Länsimetro to Espoo and thus maximizing miles/€ and getting the full experience!
cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Last couple month I had two flights on A32B. The "original batch" that arrived few years back had no "in flight entertainment" and originally they've meant to be used on "charter" and holiday destination flights (if I remember correctly).

Now there are a few brand new ones (at least OH-LZP and OH-LZO, which I've flew on). They also are without screens. Not that I want to see Charlie Chaplin for the 500th time, but I appreciate having the map and other flight related information displayed every so often.

So my question is, are these new birds part of the same order as the first batch and have just been delivered now, or AY has decided that the "bare bone" configuration of the A32B is the one that is matching their needs the best?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Lame - first you should’ve taken a bus to Pasila connecting to VR to Helsinki and then connecting to Länsimetro to Espoo and thus maximizing miles/€ and getting the full experience!
I am on flat rate
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Last couple month I had two flights on A32B. The "original batch" that arrived few years back had no "in flight entertainment" and originally they've meant to be used on "charter" and holiday destination flights (if I remember correctly).

Now there are a few brand new ones (at least OH-LZP and OH-LZO, which I've flew on). They also are without screens. Not that I want to see Charlie Chaplin for the 500th time, but I appreciate having the map and other flight related information displayed every so often.

So my question is, are these new birds part of the same order as the first batch and have just been delivered now, or AY has decided that the "bare bone" configuration of the A32B is the one that is matching their needs the best?
First order was "extended range 32Bs" OH-LZG - OH-LZL and now second wave started from OH-LZM- and they all are without screens and cabin crew are employed by manual safety demo.

Newest 32B OH-LZR arrived last night from XFW and 3 more to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.