Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Oh no, stop even before you start. Where's the unlike-button? I will press it a hundred times.
*pressing the like -button a hundred times*
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: AY+ plat / SK EBG
First time poster here, so please give some slack... I've been following the board for some years. Thanks for the tips on the promotions. I think I´ve earned a couple of extra lh upgrades with the additional points.

Not sure where exactly to put this message, so I thought this thread might be as good as any other.

I was on the last AY58 and while trying to get the internet connection to work had a nice long talk with the purser.

He was surprised, there were a total of 33 plats and some emeralds on top. Business and comfort were full, but aft economy had practically all middles free. So a nice percentage of plats... Overheard another plat complaining, that his upgrade didn't clear. No wonder.

The interesting part of the discussion is this: They were trying out a new service concept in business on the AY57. No more trays, but each dish served separately. According to him, it went smoothly and faster than the normal service. He mentioned that this concept would be introduced beginning of next year. I think he also mentioned something about 5 different choice of food. His words: "a real business class". Any first hand experience on this test anyone?

The other interesting part was about the long haul business class seats. The rest of the A350s will be delivered with a new seat. Also the A330s will be refurbished with the new seats as of 2020. He mentioned, that row 1 will be eliminated to give more room. I suppose the well deserved negative feedback on the original A350 seats has had a result.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by intuition
I don't understand what you are getting at? There are the qualifying segments but you are thinking of something else?
Flying a lot of short-haul segments costs a lot of money and brings a lot of status-granting segments, but very few award points.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by jmv71
I was on the last AY58 and while trying to get the internet connection to work had a nice long talk with the purser. (...)

He was surprised, there were a total of 33 plats and some emeralds on top. Business and comfort were full, but aft economy had practically all middles free.
OK, so PVG has a lot of business travelers but over 33 OWE?? I assume that includes the business cabin.

I guess they ran out of sparkling...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:14 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Welcome to the forum and a great first post!

... Any first hand experience on this test anyone?

No experience, but this is in line with what we know they were working on in late august. (10-20 frequent flyers were invited to AY headquarters and was shown 5 new seats and asked for preference. There was also many employees working on the service concepts.)

If a purser now is able to talk in detail about this, then they have moved on with a good pace on these projects.

Next bird for AY is supposed to be MSN264, and Airbus just delivered MSN148.. So let's hope those seats are worth the wait!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The interesting part of the discussion is this: They were trying out a new service concept in business on the AY57. No more trays, but each dish served separately. According to him, it went smoothly and faster than the normal service. He mentioned that this concept would be introduced beginning of next year. I think he also mentioned something about 5 different choice of food. His words: "a real business class". Any first hand experience on this test anyone?
Welcome to our small corner of FT - you're now upgraded from lurker to poster!

This service concept is the norm on the A359 but they have tested it on the A333 as well for a while - in the spring the purser came specifically to say they were testing this concept and asked for feedback.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:35 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
jmv71, welcome to the AY+ Forum (also as a contributor)! Good to hear that service concept is changing.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What a great first post on FT, Jmv1. Welcome, and thanks for bringing us the good news!

I'm really glad to hear about upcoming improvements, especially about the new seats and about reducing the number of J seats they cram in the forward cabin. Now if only that trayless meal service would be on demand. That would be a real business class!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
This has probably been höpöhöpöed before, but I couldn‘t help but ponder on my visit to the lounge this morning: why does Mustikkamehu Airlines not offer mustikkamehu in the (Schengen) lounge? Blueberry juice is essentially the primary reason why I fly Finnair in the first place. )
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:25 pm
R2

QR promo fares in good old 'markka'

QR just launched a 20 years campaign...their fares are displayed in FIM Bangkok is FIM 2199 for two pax in Business i.e. EUR 185 per pax, anyone?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Time to dig out your mummunmarkat!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Lets go NYC! (unfortunately this price is a fake)
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:34 am

DY started today scheduled MAX -flights from Finland so I had a ride with brand new Boeing 737 8 MAX. Would You sit here 7-8 hrs on transatlantic flight?
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Pure Luxury :-::-::-:
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by jouhka
Pure Luxury :-::-::-:
It's leather so it must be pure luxury. @:-)
Steve_Hun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.