Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
a bit OT, i.e. non-höpö, but this thread is good for this:

Has anyone else noticed lately that Flyertalk is throwing out oneself in just couple of minutes from logged in state? I have that problem now and wonder is it Flyertalk or my company's IT done some stuff on my computer doing that.
It really annoys me. I try to post a reply but during writing I am logged out automatically and the system errors and I need to log in again. Very often I lose the text also which I just wrote.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Now I luckily copied the text first before posting, since it happened again, in less than 1 minute, while writing this!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Nope, haven't had that on laptop or two different phones.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:45 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
a bit OT, i.e. non-höpö, but this thread is good for this:

Has anyone else noticed lately that Flyertalk is throwing out oneself in just couple of minutes from logged in state? ...
Not that frequently, but yes I do need to re-login every couple of hours or so. I do block a lot of things so I just figured it was something IB is doing to fight the ad-blockers.

-- Added
When I returned to the site now, less than an hour later, I was logged out

Last edited by intuition; Oct 16, 2017 at 1:43 am
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Due to some fishy ads, I’ve recently disabled JavaScript throughout the site. This has had zero effect on my cookies, which maintain the login.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:28 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Originally Posted by intuition
HLE just opened. An acronym I sometimes end up with when I am typing too fast...

Who can put together a nice trip HEL-HLE? Bonus if you can get LHE into the mix.
This is on my bucket list. Actually I'd rather take the old royal mail ship, but I guess it won't run much longer. The classical return used to be with boat to Ascension and then with British military plane to Oxford airport. Guess that will stop soon, too.
Getting deported to HLE would be on my bucket list Not for the pleasure of being there, but knowing one is of such importance!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
HLE just opened. An acronym I sometimes end up with when I am typing too fast...

Who can put together a nice trip HEL-HLE? Bonus if you can get LHE into the mix.
HEL-LHE-HLE-EHL-ELH-LEH-HEL (gcmap)

Even looks nice on a map.
jmmi likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Lovely!
This circle fare is sold as CPC (Cyclic permutation circle fare)
royng likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So... who's the €-billionaire chartering a plane for this?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Courmisch
So... who's the €-billionaire chartering a plane for this?
Our company is looking for investors...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Jainzar
AY zero-filled today R, Z and O on HEL - FRA between December 9th and January 7th. Yesterday there were still plenty of R tickets.
So now they refined more and added O to the first week of 2018.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I was forced to fly the dark side (SAS) in Plus for financial reasons beyond my choosing and I felt it less appealing than normal Y on AY as a Plat. On all flights (4) no middle seat empty, and not enough place to put your overhead luggage and the flight attendants seemed grumpy and the service was felt very rushed (of course this is the problem on quite short flights with 8+ rows of plus section etc...)

In my opinion AY Y as Plat beats hands on even their "premium" product. Yes, you get a snack and drinks but that's it. Only talking about the hard product here, of course understand that the "thing" for Plus is mostly the flexibility of tickets etc.

BR,
brainwashed Finnairist who tries to book tickets early in advance in the future
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Furry
I was forced to fly the dark side (SAS) in Plus for financial reasons beyond my choosing and I felt it less appealing than normal Y on AY as a Plat. On all flights (4) no middle seat empty, and not enough place to put your overhead luggage and the flight attendants seemed grumpy and the service was felt very rushed (of course this is the problem on quite short flights with 8+ rows of plus section etc...)

In my opinion AY Y as Plat beats hands on even their "premium" product. Yes, you get a snack and drinks but that's it. Only talking about the hard product here, of course understand that the "thing" for Plus is mostly the flexibility of tickets etc.

BR,
brainwashed Finnairist who tries to book tickets early in advance in the future
I cant compare as a AY Plat but I have been flying way too much on SK lately as a EBG I have had a blocked seat next to me in plus on ALL of my flights except for two one was 100% sold out so understandable and the second flight had only one empty seat so I am assumibg the empty seat was next to a Diamond member.

Service in pmus has been OK. i have had seconds even on HEL-ARN flights where AY wont serve a OWE even a free diet coke in Y.

Grumpy service I have noticed too especially in CITYJET operated routes.

But as a OWE I still choose SK for shorthaul flights. AY is too expensive and offers very little accrual of points on OW airlines. I can often get SK plus for the price of AY Y-
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
I cant compare as a AY Plat but I have been flying way too much on SK lately as a EBG I have had a blocked seat next to me in plus on ALL of my flights except for two one was 100% sold out so understandable and the second flight had only one empty seat so I am assumibg the empty seat was next to a Diamond member.
I have been flying a lot of short haul recently both with SAS (as Eurobonus Diamond) and with Finnair (as Finnair Plus Platinum), both premium and non-premium. I am fluent in both Swedish and Finnish and consider both as my home airlines. I think that I am fairly unbiased in making the comparison regarding the inflight service.

In premium short haul, Finnair's business class is clearly superior to SAS Plus (guarenteed seat block, better meal, nice and personal service, curtain, ...).

In economy/GO in short haul, both seem to be equally unpredictable/bad with free seat next to me (or "seat block"). Both have the perk of free drink with high quality options (champagne at Finnair, Mikkeller craft beer at SAS). Both have the same procedure when providing the free drink (the secret code, never say anything but do not charge). I have not needed to show the FF card for ages for any of the two. Otherwise I have never gotten any recognition at SAS, not a single time, while at Finnair the cabin crew often in a nice way welcomes me to the flight when providing the newspaper ("welcome to the flight", "nice to see you again" or something similar). I also like the Finnair cabins more than SAS, on average they are newer and feel more fresh and airy. The cabin crew on average seems more polite and nicer at Finnair and also seems to spend a little less time somewhere out of reach of the customers, talking with each other, knitting, reading or whatever they can to instead of doing their job.

So based on inflight experience, I do select Finnair for short haul for the reasons listed above, if both have comparable schedules and prices.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by mhle
In premium short haul, Finnair's business class is clearly superior to SAS Plus (guarenteed seat block, better meal, nice and personal service, curtain, ...).
As discussed before but mentioned here for completeness: you get a free middle seat in J, but if there is no middle seat then the seat next to you might be taken.
In economy/GO in short haul, both seem to be equally unpredictable/bad with free seat next to me (or "seat block"). Both have the perk of free drink with high quality options (champagne at Finnair, Mikkeller craft beer at SAS). Both have the same procedure when providing the free drink (the secret code, never say anything but do not charge). I have not needed to show the FF card for ages for any of the two. Otherwise I have never gotten any recognition at SAS, not a single time, while at Finnair the cabin crew often in a nice way welcomes me to the flight when providing the newspaper ("welcome to the flight", "nice to see you again" or something similar). I also like the Finnair cabins more than SAS, on average they are newer and feel more fresh and airy. The cabin crew on average seems more polite and nicer at Finnair and also seems to spend a little less time somewhere out of reach of the customers, talking with each other, knitting, reading or whatever they can to instead of doing their job.
Since I am not yet Plat I can only comment on SK. Usually on SK's own flights the FAs have no idea of my status. All I say is that I am EBD and then they just give me what I want. No checks, just an "ok".

Originally Posted by kauppias
Grumpy service I have noticed too especially in CITYJET operated routes.
I agree. IMO they manage to be consistently worse than SK's own crews while I am usually satisfied with the Flybe crews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.