Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels

ThiS iS So 2001!!11
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Jainzar
There was recently a interesting post on how it works at LH.

While their waitlist is also assessed periodically by a bot, the assessment can be trigged manually by CS. In some cases RM takes a look at it, but it is unclear what causes this intervention.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34435577-post486.html
Every big airline has a RM bot that will take a look at the reservation WL if you queue it to the right address. Besides LH I've seen it in action at QR. There will be bots who process the waitlist as per a defined defined logic (with special preference for elites) and there are queues where a normal human will take a look at the situation and take a decision. AYs Janice surely has a list of queues she can send a reservation of a Lumo/Plat in distress with a request to take a look if something can be done.

AY has deployed Altea RM since 2018 and does quite a bit with the tool: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/pres...nue-management Mika S. who was quoted there is now the CFO of AY.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I don't usually bother wasting my time to bemoan and berate AY for what it stands for these days, but looking back at my travel photography from 2022 so far and that covers over some 90 flights, I just sum up my current thoughts of AY with a "Guess the catering" sort of photo quiz. It's more or less a rhetoric question, but it pretty much sums up why I'm thankful for not doing AY+ and not having to fly AY due to e.g. employer policy, especially on longhaul. So far in 2022 my most abysmal C catering has been with AY. IB came quite close on one longhaul flight, but still overall they've done better.

EK on DXB-ARN in Y?

AY on MIA-HEL in C?

Obviously the answer is that I shuffled the photos. I considered this höpö, höpö (well, the food really is sustained höpö, höpö), so didn't add this to any of the catering threads. This was just me perusing my travel photography and coming across a few examples of how to sum up my current thoughts on AY vs. competition.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Aug 21, 2022 at 10:42 am
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
I was on a date yesterday and was telling her that soon I'll be flying to SIN for "mass tourism". Then she asked me: "But have you considered the environmental impact?" That was the point when I knew that this isn't going to work out...
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I was on a date yesterday and was telling her that soon I'll be flying to SIN for "mass tourism". Then she asked me: "But have you considered the environmental impact?" That was the point when I knew that this isn't going to work out...
That could be very fruitful relationship.
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
this has to be my favorite post of the year
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Isn't there a rule that perversions aren't discussed until the third date?
r2d2, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
I didn't even tell her about my same plane return DEL flights back in pre-Covid times...
Flying Yazata and FFlash like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I didn't even tell her about my same plane return DEL flights back in pre-Covid times...

She should be invited to idiotic meeting in HEL.
ffay005, florens and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
Only if she hasnt told her reijonair experiences till then.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red

Gotta weed them out early on!

I had a similar one not too long ago, she was ranting about Priceline not giving her a refund for her pre-paid unused hotel nights in a mass-tourism town in the Florida Panhandle... Knew then and there it ain't gonna last.
FFlash, Steve_Hun, juhanh and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Apparently the smart politicians have decided that it's meaningful to promote AY+ segment runs to OUL etc. between January and April next year, taken the VAT discount for public transportation will also apply to domestic air travel. Just think how for once the Greens are making idiotic behaviour a virtue.
r2d2, mpkz and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8

Gotta weed them out early on!

I had a similar one not too long ago, she was ranting about Priceline not giving her a refund for her pre-paid unused hotel nights in a mass-tourism town in the Florida Panhandle... Knew then and there it ain't gonna last.
Sounds like Sarah Palin from northwestern panhandle lost in humidity
miamiflyer8 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
How dense can you be? That was just her admiration!

The correct answer was "Yes indeed, this is but my modest contribution to warming up the cold Finnish climate."
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:49 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For some inspiration, I'm posting this listing of 10 Europeean city break destination:
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...htlife-culture

It can be a challenge to fly to these (even a challenge to know the airport codes: PDV, LCG, KUN, LYS/LUN, POZ, DIJ, TRS, ZAG, EDTF, VEJ) but I thought it was an interesting list and I can at least attest to one of the destinations being very nice (EDTF which I've visited by car).

There is a few mainstream in the list, but wich of the more "excotic" have you been to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.