Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Jun 20, 22, 11:02 am

Programs: AY GUEST
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
People booking and travelling like crazy like there is no tomorrow. It is insane how much it picked up in a 4-8 weeks timeframe..
I checked several routes and variable days and all availability in booking classes Q O Z are zeroed. This is why AY prices come up.
Old Jun 20, 22, 12:26 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
I checked several routes and variable days and all availability in booking classes Q O Z are zeroed. This is why AY prices come up.
I wrote this on the 15th, in another thread it was said that on the 17th prices were raised across the board. So your data doesn‘t match mine.

But to give you some samples. I had major issues in June with HEL - CPH, since SK decided to cancel everything but the morning flight. Morning flights were affordable with AY, SK and DY. So if you wanted anything else than a morning flight AY was the only option any they were able to fill these seats at high prices.

Other routes I saw a lack of seats this month on AY are HEL - FRA and HEL - BRU. And that means all AY flights on some days were sold out on specific routes. And I am sure others can add more routes to this list.

Below is a TKU - BRU sample. The TKU - HEL segment is not the limiting factor, but that way you remove the connections with IB, BA or whoever else from the overview. Flex ticket was booked beginning of June for around 600€.

LoungeEnthusiast likes this.

Last edited by Jainzar; Jun 20, 22 at 12:32 pm
Old Jun 21, 22, 6:45 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by lkrt View Post
Seems that the onboard menu has been expanded. The expanded selection now to all but Finland, Scandinavia, the Baltics, Germany, Poland, Austria, Czech Republic
Probably should go into it's own thread but. Any experience on when the limited selection on short flights is actually applied? Recently I got champagne on RIX and cola on KUO. Both were operated on ATR.
Old Jun 21, 22, 8:57 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
New Asian strategy is codeshare with QR.

Full story here in Finnish sorry.

Lähi-idän kenttien rooli liikenteessä idän ja lännen välillä kasvaa, ja Qatarin Doha on kasvamassa suuremmaksi liikenteen solmukeskukseksi, sanoo Finnairin toimitusjohtaja Topi Manner.
Persianlahden liikenteen lisääminen tarkoittaa tiivistyvää yhteistyötä samaan Oneworld-allianssiin kuuluvan Qatar Airwaysin kanssa. Useilla Qatar Airwaysin lennoilla on jo Finnairin lennonnumero. Yhteistyön toivotaan korvaavan Venäjän ylilentokiellon takia menetettyjä matkustajavirtoja.
r2d2, mpkz, kauppias and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 11:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Jorma View Post
I read it so that AY is looking into flying to the Middle East themselves, with DOH being the prime suspect.

Right now it would make sense as QR is struggling with a shortage of aircraft (due to grounding a large part of their A350 fleet). They've already wet leased Oman Air A333's, dry leased Cathay Pacific B77W's and some flights have been taken over by other Oneworld airlines (e.g. JFK - DOH now has one daily AA flight, but the route has also QR operated flights). Well, it would be a huge loss in terms of onboard service quality if flights to DOH would be operated by AY instead of QR.
ffay005 and remymartin like this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
The article mentions that this means through flights by partner airlines:
– Kyllä me pidämme Lähi-idän markkinaa silmällä. Lisäämme myös lentoja Yhdysvaltoihin ja Etelä-Aasiaan, erityisesti Intiaan, jossa aloitamme pian suorat lennot Mumbaihin, pohtii Manner Finnairin uutta strategiaa.

Finnairille se tarkoittaa lentotarjonnan lisääntymistä Lähi-itään erityisesti kumppanuuksien avulla.
I doubt we will see AY-operated DOH/MCT, really any other than DXB and TLV.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Another Middle East partner (?) - Oman Air joins OW in 2024

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/20/...iance-in-2024/
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:19 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
Another Middle East partner (?) - Oman Air joins OW in 2024

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/20/...iance-in-2024/
WY doesnt really have good Asian connections. Only cities are CGK, KUL, MNL and BKK.
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Spire/ay platinum Lumo
WY doesnt really have good Asian connections. Only cities are CGK, KUL, MNL and BKK.
those sound all good to me 🤷‍♂️😁
SPBanker and intuition like this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 3:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HH Diamond

Full story here in Finnish sorry.
NZ operated until Oct 2020 AKL-LAX-LHR i.e. the same plane continues on LAX-LHR.

Could AY do something like that as a new proper `strategy'? HEL-LAX-Australasia where the Finnair plane continues from LAX onwards, to offer more e.g. Pacifica - Europe connections. Assuming it's not stepping on oneworld partner toes too much.
Old Jun 22, 22, 4:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Spire/ay platinum Lumo
Originally Posted by zxcv1 View Post
nz operated until oct 2020 akl-lax-lhr i.e. The same plane continues on lax-lhr.

Could ay do something like that as a new proper `strategy'? Hel-lax-australasia where the finnair plane continues from lax onwards, to offer more e.g. Pacifica - europe connections. Assuming it's not stepping on oneworld partner toes too much.
hel-lax-hnl-akl-lax-hel 😁😁
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 4:41 am

I bet the crews would love such layovers
Old Jun 22, 22, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by zxcv1 View Post
NZ operated until Oct 2020 AKL-LAX-LHR i.e. the same plane continues on LAX-LHR.

Could AY do something like that as a new proper `strategy'? HEL-LAX-Australasia where the Finnair plane continues from LAX onwards, to offer more e.g. Pacifica - Europe connections. Assuming it's not stepping on oneworld partner toes too much.
QF operates out of LAX multiple flights like LAX-BNE LAX-SYD and LAX-AKL-MEL. Finnair has codeshare on some or atleast interlines/sells those routes as "finnair-tickets".

QF operates A388 on (some of) those routes.
Not sure if there is room for more airlines to compete for the market. I guess if Finnair would add more pax into LAX, then there would be more of a market for LAX-Australasia.
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 22, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The idea would be, I guess ME destinations. Only time would show. Of course without a direct HEL-MCT it's all quite theoretical.
Old Jun 22, 22, 5:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
I bet the crews would love such layovers
I would happily layover with them. Some

Search this Thread