Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by remymartin
Considering LH is a four cabin airline, I don’t think they can accept anything without PE.
More like 3 cabins, until 2016 most longhaul routes had F until they aggresively started ripping F seats out.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
New signature drink

I tried new signature drink and big disappointment, it’s very bland. It won’t be my choice
Old May 15, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
To FRA /MUC is going A350 aircraft with 10 row J (old configuration).
OH-LWA and OH-LWB start 4Y lease deal.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
How long does it take for Finnair to ship luggage tags? Been Gold for nearly 2 months and have not received any. Maybe I‘ll get them when I‘ll become Platinum in a few weeks?
FFlash likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The luggage tags have been enhanced away in the name of sustainability. It's been a few years.
florens and FFlash like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Isn't OH-LWB in Oneworld livery? Kinda strange choice for leasing to Lufty.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by florens
How long does it take for Finnair to ship luggage tags? Been Gold for nearly 2 months and have not received any. Maybe I‘ll get them when I‘ll become Platinum in a few weeks?
They were eliminated at the same time as the plastic cards. About 10 years ago Golds were sent a passport wallet in the member kit so times have changed!

Originally Posted by ffay005
The luggage tags have been enhanced away in the name of sustainability. It's been a few years.
It was 2020 when everything was ruined so not too long ago
florens and LoungeEnthusiast like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:21 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Luckily I have saved the AY black luggage tags for the years and the plastic fasteners. In the future I will be able to display all my platinum past... The same with red LH Senator tag covers, and shiny golden BA tags. Even more so with platinum AF tags and current Baltic VIP-tags. Should I put them all at once? Orderly display in hand baggage and trolley? Should I distributes them to relatives for an increased airport acceptance??
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TTL
Should I put them all at once? Should I distributes them to relatives for an increased airport acceptance??
I used to do this for the heck of it so go for it. I've also had a gate agent harass people about gate checking carry ons but I was skipped over once the tag was seen so I'm sure your relatives will appreciate that as well.
Old May 15, 2022, 2:58 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Maybe luggage tags will come back now that people are back in the air? For covid it made all the sense to stop as nothing much was happening other than extending the tracking periods.

Luggage tags are actually something that might save the airline, or passenger, a few bucks in case a bag goes awol and the barcode tag is lost.

Maybe it’s time to dig up the initial plat tags from 20 years ago. Gate credibility on the rise!?
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Maybe luggage tags will come back now that people are back in the air? For covid it made all the sense to stop as nothing much was happening other than extending the tracking periods.

Luggage tags are actually something that might save the airline, or passenger, a few bucks in case a bag goes awol and the barcode tag is lost.

Maybe it’s time to dig up the initial plat tags from 20 years ago. Gate credibility on the rise!?
I'd love to be wrong but I doubt it, even pre-pandemic a few carriers started to eliminate member kits. BA doesn't proactively send them out but are available on request.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:29 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
ITA does, and there is a real leather bag tag in the kit.
But I agree, no hopes Ay would start with anything like that again.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Have bag tags really been phased out? I recall when I reached gold I had to specifically ask for them through cs. A colleague of mine chatted with Plat Whatsapp yestreday, after reaching platinum status and they told him they'd send them asap. Knowing AY IT and cs "incompetence" it could be a fluke, but hoping for the best.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: AY LUMO
OH-LWA and OH-LWB start 4Y lease deal.
Both started on LAS route.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Both started on LAS route.
Now that would be a route that AY should open direct to cover the Scandinavian trade show travel demand. 3-4 times a week from ARN, for example. No need for daily as LAS doesn’t really have days and nights anyway, nonstop circus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.