Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Mar 15, 22, 1:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
Enjoy a unique Green tier digital Qantas Frequent Flyer card. You can also change your Qantas App icon to an exclusive green edition to show how sustainable you are.”

I’d love to see boarding passes be green so that woke and green DYKWIA’s can brag about their sustainability to others!
Please don't give them any ideas!
As a QF FF member for 25 years, the constant virtue signaling coming from QF HQ is becoming embarrassing and tedious. They can't even answer phone enquiries or maintain a functional website.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 22, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Okay, apparently the exception confirms the norm regarding Finns and being a travelling DYKWIA. Sitting on board AY8 in C and somebody's wife explained during the welcome to the purser how her husband is Platinum and sits in row 21, probably drinking his welcome drink. It felt so cringe. Like, erm, who cares?

If somebody recognises themselves, I can send you a condolence card by mail. I bet she's on an upgrade voucher in C and he gets to suf... enjoy Y. A good reminder why it's great to travel solo and not have some nuisance in tow.

On a sidenote: one chap looks a bit like what I would assume could be someone like kauppias. It would be amusing to casually chat frequent flying now with somebody like e.g. kauppias or cistavoda to indirectly hint to the DYKWIA that perhaps she's a bit cringe with some status nonsense.
ffay005, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 15, 22, 11:44 pm

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Spire/ay platinum Lumo
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata View Post
Okay, apparently the exception confirms the norm regarding Finns and being a travelling DYKWIA. Sitting on board AY8 in C and somebody's wife explained during the welcome to the purser how her husband is Platinum and sits in row 21, probably drinking his welcome drink. It felt so cringe. Like, erm, who cares?

If somebody recognises themselves, I can send you a condolence card by mail. I bet she's on an upgrade voucher in C and he gets to suf... enjoy Y. A good reminder why it's great to travel solo and not have some nuisance in tow.

On a sidenote: one chap looks a bit like what I would assume could be someone like kauppias. It would be amusing to casually chat frequent flying now with somebody like e.g. kauppias or cistavoda to indirectly hint to the DYKWIA that perhaps she's a bit cringe with some status nonsense.

A dashingly handsome gentleman onboard I see 😀😀 but I guess there are two of us as I am sitting with Lonkero inhand at the Schengen lounge 😀😀

Perhaps the DYKWMHI was hinting that her husband should get a complimentary upgrade to the seat next to her 🤣😀 I have heard those conversations quite often...

Funny enough, some of the best DYKWIA moments have been of Silver and Gold members 😀😀😀

I remember one time a SK silver came rushing to the front of the boarding line and past me to say she is SAS silver and has the highest priority, 🤣🤣😀 not being in a hurry I just smiled, then the gate agent said they are boarding Diamonds now if she could kindly move to the back of the line 😀😀😀😀

It was quite a walk of shame as it was one of those ARN-CPH flights where pretty much everyone had priority boarding and Plus was half the plane 🤣
Old Mar 16, 22, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post

Funny enough, some of the best DYKWIA moments have been of Silver and Gold members 😀😀😀

Yeah, but it is understandable.
When you hit silver/gold the first time you might have been flying as a pleb for awhile. But new to the tier game. So it is natural to think tier status actually means something.
And silver/gold is difficult to achieve coming from plebhood, so you think you have done a hard job and should be handsomely rewarded.
So I can see how a silver buys in to the marketing 110% and easily does a few DYKWIA moves, before becoming the jaded tier member as the rest of us.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 12:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Spire/ay platinum Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
When you hit silver/gold the first time you might have been flying as a pleb for awhile. But new to the tier game. So it is natural to think tier status actually means something.
And silver/gold is difficult to achieve coming from plebhood, so you think you have done a hard job and should be handsomely rewarded.
So I can see how a silver buys in to the marketing 110% and easily does a few DYKWIA moves, before becoming the jaded tier member as the rest of us.

Yeah zero to hero runs are not for all 😀😀
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 1:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata View Post

TBH, IMO your description doesnt ring any DYKWIA bell at me, neither cringe. But then, I was not onboard and didnt experience the chat like you did so there is certainly a difference in the received perception.
Old Mar 16, 22, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
TBH, IMO your description doesnt ring any DYKWIA bell at me, neither cringe. But then, I was not onboard and didnt experience the chat like you did so there is certainly a difference in the received perception.

Honestly DYKWIA are very perceptipns based moments...

For some its a once in a lifetime moment and theybare so proud their bown "uuno Turhapuro " has a platinum card and is so very important 🥰🤣🤣🤣

Of course the reality these days is that everyone is platinum and most are LUMO 🤣😀😀😀
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 2:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE) TK Elite (*G)
Honestly DYKWIA are very perceptipns based moments...

For some its a once in a lifetime moment and theybare so proud their bown "uuno Turhapuro " has a platinum card and is so very important 🥰🤣🤣🤣

Of course the reality these days is that everyone is platinum and most are LUMO 🤣😀😀😀
Sure, there are a lot more Plats right now than before covid due to the fact you could buy it at one point. But how many of those will renew? My guess, not many.
It actually is hard to get to Platinum for almost anyone, it takes A LOT of flying and spending to reach it, hanging out on FT where basically everyone is at least Gold, most Plat or even Lumo gives a very wrong picture of what reality actually is. Reality is ofcoure that most people who fly a little more than the average person does in one year, actually will not get higher than maybe Silver, and that is if they do all their flights with AY, which they don´t, they fly with whatever is cheapest on the dates they need to fly.
Old Mar 16, 22, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Tuvv View Post
Sure, there are a lot more Plats right now than before covid due to the fact you could buy it at one point. But how many of those will renew? My guess, not many.
It actually is hard to get to Platinum for almost anyone, it takes A LOT of flying and spending to reach it, hanging out on FT where basically everyone is at least Gold, most Plat or even Lumo gives a very wrong picture of what reality actually is. Reality is ofcoure that most people who fly a little more than the average person does in one year, actually will not get higher than maybe Silver, and that is if they do all their flights with AY, which they don´t, they fly with whatever is cheapest on the dates they need to fly.

True, right now is not reality based

In 3 weeks I will be LUMo add that to baec Gold, SAS Diamond, and Air France Platinum Ultimate 🤣🤣😀
so that makes me ultimaltely illuminated 🤣🤷‍♂️😀 not reality based but pure insanity...

With so many purchased platinums its likely to last atleast 12-24 months
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:15 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Exactly. Not flying, but my kids still remember a scene from the EL of Hilton Brussels Grand Place many years ago. A lady was loudly berating a member of staff, demanding all kinds of special treatment, "I am Hilton Honors Silver member, goddamit!" A few of us other patrons exchanged knowing looks and smiled wryly.

Since this is höpöhöpö, I can tell that our youngest recently turned 18, and is very worried about traveling without access to lounges etc. I have created a monster!
ffay005, Kelju, intuition and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
Exactly. Not flying, but my kids still remember a scene from the EL of Hilton Brussels Grand Place many years ago. A lady was loudly berating a member of staff, demanding all kinds of special treatment, "I am Hilton Honors Silver member, goddamit!" A few of us other patrons exchanged knowing looks and smiled wryly.

Since this is höpöhöpö, I can tell that our youngest recently turned 18, and is very worried about traveling without access to lounges etc. I have created a monster!

Well this is where dad just has to sacrifice and fly to Plat or Lumo to give the kids a partner gold 😁😁😁😁

Its the least we can do 😄
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Well this is where dad just has to sacrifice and fly to Plat or Lumo to give the kids a partner gold 😁😁😁😁

Its the least we can do 😄
Her mother would not be happy losing her Gold card...
kauppias likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:31 am

Her mother would not be happy losing her Gold card...
well SIR that says its time to go for LUMO so both of them can be happy its the LEAST YOU can do 😁😁😁😁
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE) TK Elite (*G)
Mine are too young still luckily but I gifted my gold card to a colleagues kid just last month, reason was ofcourse the fact that my colleague had indeed, created a monster
SPBanker and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 16, 22, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Tuvv View Post
Mine are too young still luckily but I gifted my gold card to a colleagues kid just last month, reason was ofcourse the fact that my colleague had indeed, created a monster
I gifted my last star gold to my middle kid now I have to soon consider Ow status 😁😁
SPBanker and Tuvv like this.

Search this Thread