Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Test drive is done and in a few days releasing Atlantic ATR -routes

That would be the aviation geeks equivalent of the Iron Butt test wouldn't it 😄😄😄
OH-LGG, SPBanker and juhanh like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Test drive is done and in a few days releasing Atlantic ATR -routes
I've always dreamt about AY serving MCO, but I think I'll skip ATR tortures to Orlando-Executive
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:52 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
For all blueberry lovers out there.

r2d2 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Since the airport has decided to deny me lounge access tomorrow (I depart on the dark side) 😄
I have to make sDue with the Hilton lounge tonight, atleast some fun at HEL adjacent 😄🍻🍻🍻

Very good service here, I don't praise often but here here for the Hilton HEL Bar team 👍🙈
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:34 pm

Coming from the upstairs priority security this is the view... I did NOT see anyone checking where one goes downstairs so perhaps one could just go straight?! Rather silly as I looked and CDG AMS FRA MUC etc were all on the domestic side 😲🤦

Two cafes were open in T1 and everywhere is full not pleasant!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:24 am

Today we have a chance to see planes fly over southern Helsinki skies. www.kaivari21.fi is here to let us enjoy the sounds of fighter jets and other planes.

The event and exhibition area are open to the public on Friday 6.8 from 10 am to 10 pm and on Saturday 7 August from 10 am to 6 pm. Flight performances will be flown on Friday from 4 to 9 pm. The free concerts in the event area on the main stage are on Saturday 7.8 afternoon.

The broadcast from the flight show is heard on the frequency 105,8 MHz and can be watched from ISTV.

Flight Display Program

16:00 DC-3 ja/and Arctic Eagles / Flypast
16:07 Arctic Eagles / Display Team
16:19 VL Viima / Pilot Sami Saikkonen
16:31 Jak-11 / Pilot Phil Lawton
16:40 Extra 330LX / Pilot Harri Kanto
16:50 Dornier Do 228 / Border Guard
17:02 H215 Super Puma / Border Guard
17:14 EMB Phenom / Finnish Aviation Academy
17:26 SNJ-3 Texan / Pilot Petteri Tarma
17:38 Woikoski Safirs / Display tTam
17:50 Saab B 17 / Pilot Johan Sjöstrand, SAAB
18:02 Saab Gripen E / Pilot André Brännström, SAAB
18:14 Patrouille de France / Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace
18:51 Dassault Rafale / Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace, / Pilot Captain Jérôme Thoule
19:03 NH90 / German Army « HEER »
19:15 BAe Hawk MK 51 / Finnish Air Force, Pilot Capt Sampsa Kaikkonen
19:27 Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 / Royal Air Force, Pilot Flight Lieutenant James Sainty
19:39 Eurofighter Typhoon / RAF and Luftwaffe flypast
19:48 NH90 / Finnish Army Aviation
20:00 Saab Gripen C / Swedish Air Force, Pilot Major Peter Fällen
20:12 F-35A, Italian Air Force, flypast
20:24 F/A-18C Hornet / Finnish Air Force, Pilot Capt Anssi Nieminen
20:36 Midnight Hawks / Finnish Air Force

Welcome to the Kaivopuisto Air Show. We recommend you print the program with you in case of problems with internet connections at Kaivopuisto.

Organizer reserves the right to change program due e.g. operational reasons, weather or technical challenges. Remember to protect your hearing and do your part so that Kaivari 21 is a safe event for everyone!
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
Today we have a chance to see planes fly over southern Helsinki skies. www.kaivari21.fi is here to let us enjoy the sounds of fighter jets and other planes.

The event and exhibition area are open to the public on Friday 6.8 from 10 am to 10 pm and on Saturday 7 August from 10 am to 6 pm. Flight performances will be flown on Friday from 4 to 9 pm. The free concerts in the event area on the main stage are on Saturday 7.8 afternoon.

The broadcast from the flight show is heard on the frequency 105,8 MHz and can be watched from ISTV.

Flight Display Program

16:00 DC-3 ja/and Arctic Eagles / Flypast
16:07 Arctic Eagles / Display Team
16:19 VL Viima / Pilot Sami Saikkonen
16:31 Jak-11 / Pilot Phil Lawton
16:40 Extra 330LX / Pilot Harri Kanto
16:50 Dornier Do 228 / Border Guard
17:02 H215 Super Puma / Border Guard
17:14 EMB Phenom / Finnish Aviation Academy
17:26 SNJ-3 Texan / Pilot Petteri Tarma
17:38 Woikoski Safirs / Display tTam
17:50 Saab B 17 / Pilot Johan Sjöstrand, SAAB
18:02 Saab Gripen E / Pilot André Brännström, SAAB
18:14 Patrouille de France / Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace
18:51 Dassault Rafale / Armée de l’Air et de l’Espace, / Pilot Captain Jérôme Thoule
19:03 NH90 / German Army « HEER »
19:15 BAe Hawk MK 51 / Finnish Air Force, Pilot Capt Sampsa Kaikkonen
19:27 Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 / Royal Air Force, Pilot Flight Lieutenant James Sainty
19:39 Eurofighter Typhoon / RAF and Luftwaffe flypast
19:48 NH90 / Finnish Army Aviation
20:00 Saab Gripen C / Swedish Air Force, Pilot Major Peter Fällen
20:12 F-35A, Italian Air Force, flypast
20:24 F/A-18C Hornet / Finnish Air Force, Pilot Capt Anssi Nieminen
20:36 Midnight Hawks / Finnish Air Force

Welcome to the Kaivopuisto Air Show. We recommend you print the program with you in case of problems with internet connections at Kaivopuisto.

Organizer reserves the right to change program due e.g. operational reasons, weather or technical challenges. Remember to protect your hearing and do your part so that Kaivari 21 is a safe event for everyone!
Thanks for the quoting the programme. Seems the organiser ran out of data plans sometime this afternoon
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kauppias
Coming from the upstairs priority security this is the view... I did NOT see anyone checking where one goes downstairs so perhaps one could just go straight?! Rather silly as I looked and CDG AMS FRA MUC etc were all on the domestic side 😲🤦

Two cafes were open in T1 and everywhere is full not pleasant!
At least after non-priority security they check your BP before you can move to the "international" side
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
At least after non-priority security they check your BP before you can move to the "international" side
Yes on the non priority section there were people but no one seemed to be here? I was with a child so did not feel like trying to go through but I can test it next week
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Apologies if this has been posted before. Just spotted that there are some Lumo homes becoming available in Olari at the address of Koronakatu. A bit ironic...
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Apologies if this has been posted before. Just spotted that there are some Lumo homes becoming available in Olari at the address of Koronakatu. A bit ironic...
Including garage lounge with salad buffet?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by FFlash
Including garage lounge with salad buffet?
Salad bar is available in the "Prisma" lounge right next door. Unfortunately it is for a fee only.
FFlash likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Trav1970
Salad bar is available in the "Prisma" lounge right next door. Unfortunately it is for a fee only.
The worst are opening hours of the salad bar! Gives the same disappointment when you land at XYZ lounge and enter the saladroom just to find out, oh sir the service closes at 9pm
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Whats the deal with Nyx operating some domestic routes? The reason I ask is I'm looking for flights to Haparanda/Tornio again to cart the kids North to see Mummu for xmas 21. We just did a summer tour via ARN to LLA, which is a decent connection followed by a 90-120 min drive. KEM would be so much better, but Norra/AY don't plan on flying there in the W21/22 schedule. Instead Nyx is going there with SAAB 2000s. KEM is just 15-20 mins away, and I don't think I have flown on the aircraft before... but Nyx doesn't really evoke much trust. I don't mind the potential of my wife freaking out when she sees the little plane, but are they going to operate the schedule they have put up for the winter, especially around xmas?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:57 am

AY pulled out of many small domestic destinations like KEM. They are now operated by various airlines as public service obligations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.