Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by lento
Just came across a post on "Tori" where a buyer wants to purchase AY Gold and offering 500 EUR, quite good price I would say

However, it might be a risky business.
As a price, given that gold membership comes with 4 upgrade vouchers which can be use for one long haul upgrade which AY often sells for 600 euros, in addition to which gold membership comes with unlimited lounge access for pax+1, 500 euros is on the low side. That said, mine are not for sale. Just about to gift one for my cousin.
lento likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
I want to buy AY Lumo.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Trav1970

As a price, given that gold membership comes with 4 upgrade vouchers ....
You are right. I did not think about vouchers despite successfully using all of my Gold vouchers so far to upgrade LH flights.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I want to buy AY Lumo.
How much are you offering?
(Remember, I can mint cards...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Took a picture of my son while boarding and the FA welcome to me was ”good morning, remember then not to take pictures of public”

what new policy is that? I understand common sense and courtesy what comes to photoing people but wondered why she wanted to pinpoint that.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:54 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
At what destination?
Taking pictures can be regulated. In Sweden the right to take pictures in public space is protected by "the constitution" (grundlagen) but elsewhere it may be restricted.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FFlash
Took a picture of my son while boarding and the FA welcome to me was ”good morning, remember then not to take pictures of public”

what new policy is that? I understand common sense and courtesy what comes to photoing people but wondered why she wanted to pinpoint that.
Of course pictures can be taken at times or places where it is inappropriate, but by all means it sounds like the FA had a bad day and needed to vent a bit.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 27, 2019 at 4:20 am
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
[..] but by all means it sounds like the FA had a bad day and needed to vent a bit.
Bad day and höpö-höpö: one FA told me that you do not say "vettä" but "vesi" to get water. On a following flight I went for "vesi" and got whisky.
cistavoda, FFlash, on22cz and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
AY and HEL today morning it was. I continued taking pics onboard discreetly though
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

AY and HEL today morning it was. I continued taking pics onboard discreetly though
OK, Finland has similar principle of right to take pictures in public space. But I assume onboard is not counted as public space and thus Finnair would be able to post some restrictions. A quick google tells me they haven't.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:44 pm

I took a picture of the emergency personell during a medical diversion at Arlanda and the Finnair FA went crazy. Well, I stopped, did not want to be thrown out alongside the sick person...
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ylefin
I took a picture of the emergency personell during a medical diversion at Arlanda and the Finnair FA went crazy. Well, I stopped, did not want to be thrown out alongside the sick person...
I can see a few situations where I would not deem this inappropriate, but in the other 99.8% or so, I would side with the FA and deem it wildly inappropriate to start photographing the the personel dealing with a medical emergency. Unless there is a very long additonal story, your case is in the wildly inappropriate category.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I can see a few situations where I would not deem this inappropriate, but in the other 99.8% or so, I would side with the FA and deem it wildly inappropriate to start photographing the the personel dealing with a medical emergency. Unless there is a very long additonal story, your case is in the wildly inappropriate category.
The situation was already under control and the person walked out by himself. But of course, should not have done it.

Last edited by ylefin; Apr 27, 2019 at 6:07 pm
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylefin
The situation was already under control and the person walked out by himself. So no need for the FA to be that mad.
Not changing my view point that the FA was in the right. Paramedics are not a tourist attraction.
copperred and esledo like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Some "idiot's" story in the mainstream media:
https://yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2019/0...lhiin-ja-tulee

Someone among us ?
ffay005, SPBanker, FFlash and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.