Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Reply

Old Mar 24, 19, 5:32 pm
  #3376  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC,SFO
Programs: AY+ Plat, AA Plat, SPG/Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 2,246
I am all for policing boarding groups, but I think a gate agent should do so once sure about the passenger's boarding group (i.e., once the passenger hands the BP to the agent). It could be quite an effective deterrent for someone in Group 4 trying to board in Group 1 to be told to go to the back of the line. In other words, rather than the agent potentially being embarrassed, the errant passenger trying to board early should be the one embarrassed.
flyingeph12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 19, 11:12 pm
  #3377  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Helsinki
Programs: AY+ Gold
Posts: 98
I regularly take train from HEL airport. Has someone calculated, whether exit 2A or 2B is quicker to go through? They end up almost to the same place but does one have more walking than the other? Any other super hints for the airport?
kanamurva is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 12:35 am
  #3378  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Posts: 4,001
Originally Posted by kanamurva View Post
I regularly take train from HEL airport. Has someone calculated, whether exit 2A or 2B is quicker to go through? They end up almost to the same place but does one have more walking than the other? Any other super hints for the airport?
I think that question is easy to answer depending on which gate you land, otherwise they are pretty equal, maybe 2B a second slower.

More relevant question becomes if you land between gates 21 and 13 somewhere and think if going landside at T1 is faster or 2A to reach the train. I still haven't quite figured out yet that. Next time I should clock it.
FFlash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 12:40 am
  #3379  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: HEL
Programs: Turkish M&S Gold
Posts: 4,136
Looking for Amex Platinum referral

I thought I'd get an Amex Platinum. Anyone want to refer me for the bonus?

EDIT: Referrer found. Thanks!
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by Gnopps; Mar 25, 19 at 1:35 am
Gnopps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:25 am
  #3380  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 36,213
Originally Posted by Superrman View Post
Pleasant surprise today as I was just getting "comfortable" in seat 26L on return DEL-HEL leg of DEL run. (second weekend in a row, is he idiot?) Suddenly there has been overbooking in tourist class, and yours truly is quickly escorted to front cabin Meal service was single-tray and reminded me a bit of QR Y, but atleast the Napue flows freely, so can't really complain😅
I would not post the barcode in public... its easy to read out. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/10/...barcode-a-lot/
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:41 am
  #3381  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: BGO
Programs: EB, AY+
Posts: 130
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
I would not post the barcode in public... its easy to read out. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/10/...barcode-a-lot/
Thanks for the warning, fixed.
Superrman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 1:58 am
  #3382  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HEL
Programs: Drawer of Cards
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky View Post
I actually kind of enjoy it, also being a young casual-looking guy. Seeing the faces of the staff change as soon as they see my status.
This! Exactly. Im also under 30 and Asian(and yes we dont age). more often purser asking is this your original seats? it's bit insulting and how naive they judge people by age, and look.
But then see their face changing is the best. I hope the more they experience this, the less they will judge people in the future.

To my observation, most FFs dont travel with suits, cuz they/us learnt to travel with comfort. There are some travel once a year are usually dressed all fancy, cuz thats what they imagine a FF exec would be.
Clydez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 3:26 am
  #3383  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat
Posts: 286
Originally Posted by Clydez View Post
To my observation, most FFs dont travel with suits, cuz they/us learnt to travel with comfort.
The FA's have more observations on how FF's travel

There must be also a difference between SH and LH flights. On SH, it doesn't make much difference in comfort if you travel in business clothes and the trips are shorter on average, so you can travel HBO if you wear the suit instead of packing it.
r2d2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 3:42 am
  #3384  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helsinki-Vantaa APT, Finland
Programs: AY Plus, Norwegian Reward
Posts: 3,194
My suit is in Alepa plastic bag but FA's dont know it.
Trav1970, SPBanker, FFlash and 1 others like this.
OH-LGG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:03 am
  #3385  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum
Posts: 1,022
Originally Posted by OH-LGG View Post
My suit is in Alepa plastic bag but FA's dont know it.
Do you get a new one for each flight? BTW, how about changing to an Alepa tote bag, for being environmentally conscious
Steve_Hun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 5:03 am
  #3386  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: HEL
Programs: Drawer of Cards
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by r2d2 View Post
The FA's have more observations on how FF's travel

There must be also a difference between SH and LH flights. On SH, it doesn't make much difference in comfort if you travel in business clothes and the trips are shorter on average, so you can travel HBO if you wear the suit instead of packing it.
You are right, sorry for my ignorance. just speaking from personal experience, and most of my flights are LH.
Clydez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 19, 9:01 pm
  #3387  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HEL
Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Posts: 8,085
Seeing this discussion, I'm getting conscious, that I'm never reminded "Group 1" only - I must be getting old and showing it...
WilcoRoger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 5:47 am
  #3388  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Posts: 1,636
Stupid boarding experience at ARN yesterday. Arrived a bit late from the lounge so didn't hear what they had announced, but the automated boarding gate displays were showing "Groups 1-4" and people were going through. Several people in front of me in the queue got the red beep and the gate agent announced "it's only for groups 1 & 2" - to which people then countered with "But it says 1-4 up there" - "Yes, but listen to the announcements!".

Seriously how hard is it to keep updating the display with additional groups?
ffay005, florens, esledo and 3 others like this.
FlyingFinn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 6:23 am
  #3389  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: MMX (CPH)
Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
Posts: 10,017
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
... - "Yes, but listen to the announcements!".
...
Wow. Like the announcements ever are audible...
intuition is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:51 am
  #3390  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), BW Diamond
Posts: 324
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
Stupid boarding experience at ARN yesterday. Arrived a bit late from the lounge so didn't hear what they had announced, but the automated boarding gate displays were showing "Groups 1-4" and people were going through. Several people in front of me in the queue got the red beep and the gate agent announced "it's only for groups 1 & 2" - to which people then countered with "But it says 1-4 up there" - "Yes, but listen to the announcements!".

Seriously how hard is it to keep updating the display with additional groups?
Possibly being a plane ending up to Non-Schengen and passengers being offloaded to a bus from the back of the A319?
Or, otherwise they repeated the same thing on another flight
Post Scriptum is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread