Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ffay005
No point in arguing about something that's a simple fact and can be checked by anyone, anytime.
This thread almost follows the same pattern than with a certain Aussie user.

I also suddenly started to think about this thread: Am I an internet troll?

Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I took this thread heavily offtopic with my OP, apologies.
Maybe a moderator can split this talk into a ”Same day AY airside turn at LHR T3 and exit between” or such
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I don't know if you can take the höpö-höpö thread off-topic

I think we'd need a few destination-based topics. LHR and BKK are probably the most-discussed outstations here, and people have all sorts of questions about fast track, lounges, transfers etc. So why not create a LHR thread for all LHR-related questions.
Clydez and EuroFlash like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
the question is, how would the lounge receptionist, or the gate know if you didn't go through FCC if you already have a boarding pass. The policy is, that you may not enter a lounge before security, but how is this enforced when you have an inter-terminal connection. In T1 they had security booths with attendants that didn't allow anyone back to the departure lounge, but there aren't such guards in T3. Also, I don't see any physical barriers separating arriving passengers (following the signs) from departing passengers.

As the original question relates to passage to lounges, how does one arrive at arrivals or the FCC without walking past them? What the signs say, and weather you're allowed into a lounge are related but separate questions.

The airline I was affiliated with, had a lounge near the main intersection, just outside the departure lounge. It was indeed possible for the passengers to pop into the lounge after there arrival in T3, to be told to follow the signs to Flight Connections as the policy was not to allow passengers into the lounge before security. If the person is connecting onto a different airline, and has a boarding pass, it is beyond me how the lounge can know if the passengers went through security.
What you are describing is the arrivals flow in T3 until about 2002/3. Admittedly it took quite a while for it to be truly separated in the beginning it was tensa barriers and lots of staff, then glass walls with doors to the gates. A bloody annoyance when your gate was on the opsite side of the traffic flow you were following. Now, most of T3, arriving passengers are sent one floor up compared to departing, and walk to connections or arrivals. Connections leading back to lounges requires a security check and an onward boarding pass. I belive there is a small section that still have the walk way separated by a glass wall rather than the arriving passengers upstairs Last I was in that section was about 1.5 years ago.
But even when the walkways were completely mixed, there was a security check to get back to the central area (shopping and dining area) there was no physical barrier, but there were guardians manning the passage.
​​​​​​
remymartin, lkrt and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 17, 2019 at 11:49 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yes, but how can I fly from BNE to TXL via RVN on one ticket while avoiding bikers and scary announcements?

Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yes, but how can I fly from BNE to TXL via RVN on one ticket while avoiding bikers and scary announcements?

Fly private
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

You book a busnetic ticket and bounce in SIN.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat

10 transactions on 2 flights, can someone beat me on this ?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:56 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold

Originally Posted by lento

10 transactions on 2 flights, can someone beat me on this ?
Might be cheating and not IT related, but 9 for 1 that I haven’t flown yet?

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by HJP

Wow, you beat me ! not actually

When I first saw double posting for same flight, I wondered if I had enrolled for some promotion or gamification but it was too good to be true.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by HJP

wow. At best I was having 13 upgrades for same flight pending but only 4 went through and the rest of gang were happy in economy
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:33 am

Anyone have experience on joint ventures and open jaws? For example, is it possible to book something like HEL-NRT + HKG-HEL as a Value ticket? Finnair.com is not able to price such an itinerary (expedia has no problems, though it's difficult to tell what type the offered ticket has), but is fine with e.g. LED-HEL-NRT + HKG-HEL so there is clearly some joint venture magic going on.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by kartos
Anyone have experience on joint ventures and open jaws? For example, is it possible to book something like HEL-NRT + HKG-HEL as a Value ticket? Finnair.com is not able to price such an itinerary (expedia has no problems, though it's difficult to tell what type the offered ticket has), but is fine with e.g. LED-HEL-NRT + HKG-HEL so there is clearly some joint venture magic going on.
Not as normal ticket. There are some corporate/government fares that are possible to combine as such.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:16 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kartos
Anyone have experience on joint ventures and open jaws?
That is the "beauty" with fragmenting 20 destinations into 3 different subsets.

It is an expressed rule of all normal tickets within the joint venture that fares are only combinable inside that venture. So you now have a gazillion options going to Japan via UK or ES, but no friggin' way to combine your JP trip with CN. A great step forward for the Asian strategy...

OK, rant over...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I've combined HAV and MIA as an open jaw. AY website wouldn't sell it, but it was available at ITA Matrix and OTAs, and AY CS sold it to me without problems (and without a phone booking fee).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.