Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Sep 5, 18, 5:55 am

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
AY77 cancelled 2 days in a row.
Already cancelled for the rest of the week...
Old Sep 6, 18, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
If I calculated correctly, 13 rows of business in LHR-HEL tonight. Finnair employees sitting here, at least Piia Karhu in 2A if I’m not mistaken and apparently one of her colleagues on row 4. Not full, but overheard a conversation where cabin crew said it was quite full on the way to LHR. Must be going well for Finnair (although I upgraded with a voucher, so perhaps others did as well).
Old Sep 6, 18, 3:21 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Today I attended the Match Made in HEL premiere which was a lot of fun. I also met Johanna Jäkälä, whom I talked to about a new Flyertalk meeting. She was very aware of us and quickly agreed that it would be high time for a new meeting between us and AY+ team. She promised that this would be happening, so be ready!
Old Sep 6, 18, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY Gold, but ask me again in May :), AA, BA, SK, DL, NT + hotels
Great news! Thanks Lkrt.
Old Sep 7, 18, 5:52 pm

Next week AY77/78 will be flying to/from NGO.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 18, 6:12 pm

Programs: AY Gold, but ask me again in May :), AA, BA, SK, DL, NT + hotels
Very sensible, and kudos for AY for organizing this. Osaka is a short train ride away, courtesy of AY, I suppose. The whole thing must be a nightmare for KIX.
Old Sep 7, 18, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
I wonder if it isn't the Japanes who organised that.

Osaka international airport does despite its name, only serve domestic. It would have been cool to fly AY out of ITM though!
NGO isn't far away, but train must be svamped as a lot of people are rerouting on land these days.
Old Sep 8, 18, 1:06 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I wonder if it isn't the Japanes who organised that.

Osaka international airport does despite its name, only serve domestic. It would have been cool to fly AY out of ITM though!
NGO isn't far away, but train must be svamped as a lot of people are rerouting on land these days.
The Shinkansen runs in 16 car configurations between Nagoya and Osaka every 6 to 7 minutes, so I am sure they can cope with the extra passengers without too much trouble.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Sep 8, 18, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The Shinkansen runs in 16 car configurations between Nagoya and Osaka every 6 to 7 minutes, so I am sure they can cope with the extra passengers without too much trouble.
Finnair is also recommending passengers to take train to Osaka.

We advice that customers use the train to connect between Osaka and Nagoya (for train connections please see eg. HyperDia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.) , and then seek refund for the train ticket costs from Finnair afterwards.
You can change or cancel the flight by contacting our customer service. We also serve our customers on Twitter @FinnAirHelps. If you have made your booking through a travel agency or another airline, please contact them directly. Finnair Passenger Rights
Old Sep 8, 18, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
I am sure unreserved car fits more people anytime. For reserved seta from shin osaka it can be difficult even witout disaster.
It is not like those 16 cars are empty on a normal day
Old Sep 8, 18, 8:23 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I am sure unreserved car fits more people anytime. For reserved seta from shin osaka it can be difficult even witout disaster.
It is not like those 16 cars are empty on a normal day
I never struggle to get a reserved seat 10 minutes before departure from Shinagawa to Osaka (outside of Obon, Golden Week, and new year's), so I doubt Osaka to Nagoya should be that much worse.

The trains are definitely not empty,bit are rarely running full either.
Old Sep 8, 18, 9:10 am
Original Poster

I guess I've been unlycky, beeing denied reservation upon arrival to KIX, going south. And not just on next train, but all trains that day. Green car, though. Perhaps that's the difference.
Old Sep 8, 18, 5:53 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

I guess I've been unlycky, beeing denied reservation upon arrival to KIX, going south. And not just on next train, but all trains that day. Green car, though. Perhaps that's the difference.
I have less experience with the route from Osaka and south, I fly if I go much beyond Osaka.. But on peak travel days, like Obon, it is not unusual for trains to be fully sold out for a couple of days. From Osaka to the soith they run with shorter trains on many departures, so there is less capacity than between Tokyo and Osaka

Green car normally makes it easier, though some of the formations running beyond Osaka have very few green cars, and lower number of reserved cars.
Old Sep 12, 18, 5:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), Accor Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
The new non-Schengen extension will feature a Plaza Premium lounge.
Old Sep 12, 18, 4:58 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
HEL-ORD screens didn't work and we all got 20 € Vouchers!

Search this Thread