Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wouldn't get too greedy here. You had a J (U) ticket, you got J. IMHO, no reason to ask AY to return the upgrade instrument to you especially since you actually were only entitled to Y on SQ.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I am not getting too greedy it was more of a fun mental exrecise.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I deemed the lounge appropriate concerning the food options since it was just a short stay between two SQ C flights.
The borscht is usually nice, the rest is not really worth it. But there could also be a difference on what is available depending on the airlines operating at different times of the day.

And as JAL manages to whip up very nice Japanese food even out of Moscow I save my hunger for that.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SQ and SK will be mighty pissed at AY/QF, since they will only get what you originally paid for the SIN-TLL bit...
Is that really how it works? That sounds insane.

I thought distress fares were some weighed average of fares published by IATA members in a given IATA-defined flight category. Unless there are some other agreements, as would be in joint ventures or possibly alliances.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Booking pax onto other carriers during irreg at short notice, especially outside any alliance or rev sharing agreement, is covered by IATA resolution 735d. The new carrier just gets what was originally assigned to the coupon for the segment(s) that the pax initially had in their ticket.

More here: http://www.caymanairways.net/iata/ma...st-ed-2002.pdf

Some carriers opted out of the scheme because they made a significant loss during irregs of another carrier. Example is DL vs UA/AA. For such situations they opted for a new bilateral interline agreement. I don't think QF/SQ have such a bilateral, but just use the general IATA interline framework.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
AY has two A350 in Narita this morning. Is that normal operations to do double daily A350 over summer?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
AY has two A350 in Narita this morning. Is that normal operations to do double daily A350 over summer?
Double daily until 27OCT18 but AY73/74 is mix of 359/333.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Double daily until 27OCT18 but AY73/74 is mix of 359/333.
I guess I have not done many morning flights from Narita this summer to have noticed it earlier than now.

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What is going on with dear DC-3 OH-LCH as flightradar24 showing odd info. Just saw bunch of people deboarding with golfbags. Anyone onboard?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The wonders of AY IT makes AY's own website practically the only one that could not book this ticket: HEL-WAW-KRK-HEL. OTA booked with no issues, 105-stock, the Polish domestic on LO with LO flight number (no code-share). Interestingly, the AY flights are not Light/Basic/Value/etc types, but simple booking class (even on AY website)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Interestingly, the AY flights are not Light/Basic/Value/etc types, but simple booking class (even on AY website)
Uh, are you sure? what is the fare basis?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
You're right, it seems to be Basic QBA2FI/NBA2FI

Still it looks funny on an AY ticket:

Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

So which member is Jari Sillanpää's drug dealer??

Viime vuonna Mika pyörähti kuusi kertaa Amsterdamissa ja kolmesti Bangkokissa. Tämän lisäksi hän matkusteli lomamatkoille Pariisiin ja Berliiniin. Aiempina vuosina lomakohteina olivat myös Chicago, New York ja Miami.

Ahkeran matkailun ansiosta hän oli päässyt Finnairin kanta-asiakasohjelman platinum-luokkaan.
https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005793566.html (subscribers only, and in Finnish)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by mpkz
So which member is Jari Sillanpää's drug dealer??

https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005793566.html (subscribers only, and in Finnish)
Only 6 times to AMS and 3 to BKK? That should be in a weekend, otherwise sounds like mass tourism to me and not FT.
remymartin and lkrt like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Only 6 times to AMS and 3 to BKK? That should be in a weekend, otherwise sounds like mass tourism to me and not FT.
Although 6 times to AMS and 3 BKK's sounds like a good old B2B ticket HEL-AMS-HEL-BKK-HEL-AMS-HEL !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.