Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
One switch more: non-marsuhäkki OH-LWG going to HKG

And A333 to LHR this mornng.
According to source it was "reippaasti ylibuukattu" (well overbooked) before I used seat guarantee with my collegue

Edit: In rare things, I had today arrival at Kai Tak and departure will be from Chek Lap Kok

Last edited by reflektia; Jun 15, 2018 at 5:53 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat

I bet this "bug" doesn't concern many people...
cistavoda and jmmi like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by lkrt
I bet this "bug" doesn't concern many people...
I once had an itinerary like that there but it crashed the app. Reported it and seems like they've fixed it
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I once had an itinerary like that there but it crashed the app. Reported it and seems like they've fixed it
Good! For the two of us, that is.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: EB, AY+
md11

blast from the past (a sticker from 90´s)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I just changed phone from iPhone to android and finnair App seem to be much crappier, I have to manually add all journeys to the App and checking in crashes every second time.

So in my account seeing that would be improvement
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by pekkav
blast from the past (a sticker from 90´s)
isnt that so beautiful plane
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Okay, this must be more höpöhöpö than anything, but I just have to share it with you. I had a dream. Last night. It was crazy, and it was very much FT-related.

First, I was on an AA flight from somewhere in Europe to somewhere in the US. Intuition and Purjelentäjä happened to be on the same flight. (Sadly, OH-LGG wasn’t there, but that’s probably because he only flies AY. ) On top of that, there were like two anonymous FTers.

AA had introduced a new buffet concept in J, where the second meal was offered as a self-serve buffet available at a set hour in the galley. However, AA FAs were notorious in not actually setting it up; they preferred to ask pax what they want and bring it to them on a tray, which was not ideal since you didn’t know what was available because you didn’t see it and there was no menu.

We, however, insisted on having the buffet. The FA said there is no such thing, after which one of the anonymous FTers pulled up something on his laptop screen that looked like an Amadeus list of services available on any given flight. It listed Movies, Music etc and on that same list was Buffet Lunch. He showed this to the FA, who then grudginly started to set up the buffet table. The fresh fruit salad bowl looked delicious!

This part of the dream ended here, with us being content, but the dream still continued with my homebound journey, where I found myself at the wrong airport, hours after my flight had left. I don’t know how that got solved since I woke up, but the last thing I remember is me following Intuition to some new restaurant in JFK T8 that was supposed to be extra good and OWEs could dine for free…
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
Okay, this must be more höpöhöpö than anything, but I just have to share it with you. I had a dream. Last night. It was crazy, and it was very much FT-related.
Sounds like you're arranging the next DO!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Sounds like you're arranging the next DO!
Definately I think something adventurous and imaginative will be on the agenda
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Rumour has it I do invite tall dark strangers to restaurants, and had you dreamt it was in HKG I would have asked you to read my tea leafs
Can you check what numbers are coming up on the euro-jackpot this week? I really need to win it before Cistavoda does.

I do like that part when anonymous FT'er comes to the rescue and owns the FA!
ffay005, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Did anyone know about the "flights"-site of finnair?
https://flights.finnair.com/en/
It seems to list every possible connection (bottom of page, scroll down to see) , perhaps in a bid to attract search engine hits?

Each destination in the list is linked to a "city-page" with "offers" and a deeplink to booking engine. Slightly faster than having to type it yourself in the very slow interface. (I usually don't do the typing anyway as I've built up a similar library of deeplinks)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Helsinki Airport preparing for presidential summit on 16 July
https://www.finavia.fi/en/newsroom/2...summit-16-july
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:25 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

"Visibility may have to be reduced" - are they laying a smoke screen?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by intuition
"Visibility may have to be reduced" - are they laying a smoke screen?
I interpret that as closing access to the official and unofficial airport observation spots, such as the balcony near the Hilton, and the plane spotter's hills.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.