Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 6:31 pm

I am checking in for AA coded AY10, and the AY OLCI allows me, a mere AY Gold, to select economy comfort seats for free. Is this normal (i.e., analogous to free MCE seats on AA metal flights for OWS+)?
Old May 13, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
That no longer sounds normal - but maybe non-Comfort is oversold so Comfort is being given away to OWS?
Old May 13, 2018, 1:44 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
My friend reported the same a week ago - he did OLCI for BKK-HEL and was already moved from Y to Comfort. He was then able to choose the seat he wanted in Comfort as AY Gold.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by HJP
My friend reported the same a week ago - he did OLCI for BKK-HEL and was already moved from Y to Comfort. He was then able to choose the seat he wanted in Comfort as AY Gold.
That sounds like a very reasonable implementation.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by kartos
I am checking in for AA coded AY10, and the AY OLCI allows me, a mere AY Gold, to select economy comfort seats for free. Is this normal (i.e., analogous to free MCE seats on AA metal flights for OWS+)?
are you flying today? Drinks in the lounge?
Old May 13, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Back in the days, Finnair sometimes opened the Mini-J for Y check-in. It happened to me once (JFK-HEL), but AA misconnected me
Old May 15, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
That no longer sounds normal - but maybe non-Comfort is oversold so Comfort is being given away to OWS?
This was indeed the case; I don't think I spotted a single unoccupied eco or eco comfort seat.

Originally Posted by remymartin
are you flying today? Drinks in the lounge?
Sorry, missed that.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Is it an illusion, or did someone slightly update the logo on the planes?!
(The slash-part of 'N' looks much thicker and curvier and corner of 'N' much rounder on the plane logo.)
Attached Images  
Old May 15, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Is it an illusion, or did someone slightly update the logo on the planes?!
(The slash-part of 'N' looks much thicker and curvier and corner of 'N' much rounder on the plane logo.)
It’s just an optical illusion because of the curvature of the fuselage. Can’t think of an art director that would allow the logo to be altered that way.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, I agree with the logics, but it was even more striking than in the photo when looking at the plane perpendicularly. I know it most likely is an illusion, but logics still hasn't won over my eyes!
Old May 15, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by kartos
This was indeed the case; I don't think I spotted a single unoccupied eco or eco comfort seat.
There was at least one. No, it wasn't next to me
Old May 20, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Just noticed that Finnair has changed every single reference to Taiwan on their websites to Taiwan, China (including country specific sites, so in Finnish Taiwan, Kiina). Only place missed seems to be Finnair Vacations.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Just noticed that Finnair has changed every single reference to Taiwan on their websites to Taiwan, China (including country specific sites, so in Finnish Taiwan, Kiina). Only place missed seems to be Finnair Vacations.
Political pressure from Beijing is working... AY has too many flights to China to dare anything else.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:19 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Optimist's view is that they are working towards a TPE route.
Pessimist's view is that Finnair is now locked in the golden panda cage. You got the panda, now you must repay.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Optimist's view is that they are working towards a TPE route.
Pessimist's view is that Finnair is now locked in the golden panda cage. You got the panda, now you must repay.
At one party I met someone working at AY's route planning and were talking to her. Of course she couldn't say anything even when I threw suggestions at her. I got the impression that TPE was not in the works, but who knows!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.