Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
First I want to see happy taxpayer from Finland.
Here's one, have got my share back in return, not related to AY though

Hardly anything happening until the 2019 elections. I'm afraid the politicians don't dare to touch Finnair's ownership when they should, not until the day there's no choice.

Last edited by Andaman; Sep 28, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:40 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
First I want to see happy taxpayer from Finland.
Isn't that an oxymoron? Are taxpayers ever happy!?

Better yet, first show me a happy Finn, then we can solve the second problem
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:54 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The Finn taxpayers should be happy though, as you have surpassed swedish tax collection. Beating Sweden, regardless of the event, always beings a smile, right?

It seems though as the happy Danes are getting crushed under the tax hammer these days!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Regardless of Finnair's stock price, selling is better done when there are multiple competing wanna-be buyers. AF/KL is currently out of monies, LH is probably not interested, and only Europeans can buy, so only IAG is left?

(I also wouldn't like IAG to buy AY given current IAG strategy, but that's from customer PoV.)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
As well known, Finnair IT sucks... but sometimes someone can profit from it.

I upgraded my daughter for an intra-EU flight. She has no status at all. Yet she got my Finnair Plus -number printed on her BP with AY PLAT and ONEWORLD EMER.

Needless to say, she got all the Plat benefits... and even the steward had been impressed of meeting "such a young Platinum member".
Steve_Hun and Leo123 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:00 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Interesting.

What they do do, is adding your AY+ number to a field called FQTR - this is to indicate which member account was the source of the upgrade. Either someone by mistake added your number to FQTS field on her reservation or something in the check-in process went bezerk and picked up the wrong data field.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
I simply don't know what someone/they did, as I upgraded her online.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Unfortunately, Finnish evening press is not age-appropriate...
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Justinus
As well known, Finnair IT sucks... but sometimes someone can profit from it.

I upgraded my daughter for an intra-EU flight. She has no status at all. Yet she got my Finnair Plus -number printed on her BP with AY PLAT and ONEWORLD EMER.

Needless to say, she got all the Plat benefits... and even the steward had been impressed of meeting "such a young Platinum member".
This is "normal" behaviour for AY IT, if passenger in question has no membership at all. I had once my FF number for me and my co-traveller in MMB. Unfortunately they fixed it during check-in (at desk). Probably it would have stayed on if we would have been without checked luggage.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
No new owner coming, Finnair is unfortunately part of politicians dirty and disgusting game.
You are forgetting the main reason why we have national airlines as said by Mr. Zappa:
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Finland has no nukes and no real football team... so.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Oh, I love it when You have right AY staff on board!

Last night from LHR I was sitting on seat A (in Y) and seats B+C were free. Trolley comes and this lovely air hostess asks what I need. I order Long Drink and one drink orange juice mixed with vodka and I suggest cheaper one is on me and other one goes on AY. Maybe LGG looked so poor when counting coins and air hostess starts her game:
"I think Platinum can offer also one drink to avec, so can You see Mr Erkki, your friend sits here on C seat."
I said no way I'm travelling with any Erkki but MS Erika I can see sitting right there. Then air hostess offering other drink to this invisible Erika on C seat and I get that other drink, air hostess smiles and wishes us pleasant journey on board. ^
ffay005, SPBanker, temppa and 7 others like this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
These kind of situations are what makes you love AY, despite its faults! What a brilliant way to handle it!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: AY
OH-LQE

Finnairs last A340 rose from HEL this morning and gave us a wave

SPBanker likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by WelcometoHEL
Finnairs last A340 rose from HEL this morning and gave us a wave

https://twitter.com/PoTerotin/status/915477959116562432
Quite dramatic! Disappearing into the fog like that...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:14 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Quite daring those deep tipping of wings at such low altitude. Can even be seen on the tracking.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.