Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Oh how I hope this doesn't snowball, I am on AY82 tomorrow.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:13 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by juhanh
Oh how I hope this doesn't snowball, I am on AY82 tomorrow.
Boarding completed now, my guess was right and 0800 ETD was informed at the same time with my wake-up (=0430). ETA SIN 0.15 Local time, so AY82 should be only ~2-3hrs delayed.

They switched the aircraft from WC to WF, so one bird maybe down at the moment.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:12 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
This week, an equity research firm Indreres interviewed Finnair CEO Pekka Vauramo. In the interview, he tells he flies other airlines, too. In his previous position, he used lots of British Airways and Lufthansa among others. He used airlines that flew daily to his destinations. He don’t name any favourite airline when asked but tells that he appreciate Icelandair and Air New Zealand as they've found a good strategy.

The interview can be found here:
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Sep 16, 2017 at 2:19 am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by HJP
Boarding completed now, my guess was right and 0800 ETD was informed at the same time with my wake-up (=0430). ETA SIN 0.15 Local time, so AY82 should be only ~2-3hrs delayed.

They switched the aircraft from WC to WF, so one bird maybe down at the moment.
At the departure lounge in SIN, waiting for AY82 to depart. Just had an announcement from the captain: “still problems with toilets and galleys, might take 5mins might take several hrs”. Don’t know which bird. I guess I’ll spend my 5h HEL layover here then
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
At the departure lounge in SIN, waiting for AY82 to depart. Just had an announcement from the captain: “still problems with toilets and galleys, might take 5mins might take several hrs”. Don’t know which bird. I guess I’ll spend my 5h HEL layover here then
LWC and troubles with WC. That is nice.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:18 am

None of the J-cabin loos had running water. And the cabin crew just taped a sign over the washbasin. Sleepy me ambled to one of those before departure and only noticed the sign after having taken care of business. That was a rather unpleasant experience. Y had running water but that wasn’t really communicated at all.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:29 am
HJP

None of the J-cabin loos had running water. And the cabin crew just taped a sign over the washbasin. Sleepy me ambled to one of those before departure and only noticed the sign after having taken care of business. That was a rather unpleasant experience. Y had running water but that wasn’t really communicated at all.
Unacceptable. Please send feedback to CS, and tell us afterwards what kind of compensation they offered.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by HJP
Unacceptable. Please send feedback to CS, and tell us afterwards what kind of compensation they offered.
Just sent the email. Comp is secondary, improved service is what I am after.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:33 am
HJP

Does someone know when does AY check-in desk open in SIN? Planning to do some lounge hopping and would like to arrive early to the airport, but not too early.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:43 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
3 hours before departure.

The check-in timings are on the ay.com web, but a bit hidden.
https://www.finnair.com/int/gb/desti...pore/singapore
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AirIndia apparently started CPH-DEL non-stop with 787, looks to be a 3 weekly (2/4/6).

As this service cuts at least 3 hours of flying time compare to the best scheduled AY service, and AirIndia currently is undercutting AY by around 100€ for a J seat, I am wondering if we are going to see some healthy price-competition.

I assume 787 has working toilets, to that would be one compelling argument..
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
AirIndia apparently started CPH-DEL non-stop with 787, looks to be a 3 weekly (2/4/6).

As this service cuts at least 3 hours of flying time compare to the best scheduled AY service, and AirIndia currently is undercutting AY by around 100€ for a J seat, I am wondering if we are going to see some healthy price-competition.

I assume 787 has working toilets, to that would be one compelling argument..
I once flew 787 from San Diego to Tokyo. One of the toilets kept flushing itself, so FAs shut down the system (for that toilet), took off the door, sort of jammed it sideways into doorway and covered the rest of the doorway with black garbage bags. Mission accomplished.
Steve_Hun and jmmi like this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:02 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

LOL, SPBanker!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

I'm in a party of three going HEL-MEL on QR J end of OCT. However, one in the entourage is not going to make it and before I look into cancelling, I just like to see if there are any takers here for the now void seat. This is not a giveaway, ticket is in the 1700€ region, and I haven't researched name change rules and fees yet. But if there is someone interesting in filling the void, I'd be happy to research and we can come to an agreement.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:18 pm

On my last flight I saw the passenger list with the elites.

Picture deleted

Last edited by casper79; Sep 20, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.