Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I've heard great things about their J product, both long haul and shorthaul. They have proper Business Class seats on short haul flights.
Aeroflot long haul business class is really good. The same I can say for Hainan airlines.
The latter I have also flown in economy once, and that is really bad.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
I remember flying into OSL (perhaps even FBU) at a time when they led all international flights through passport control. Of course I had no passport with me, so I just walked up to the booth and said "I am swedish" - got waved through.
At HEL saying "från Stockholm" or "Tukholmasta" was enough to pass immigration (or just showing a boarding pass) - crazy, as this could have been misused by anyone. It helped, of course, that a) this was not widely known and b) both languages being rather small, the actual people able to say it convincigly were probably Nordic citizens.

Btw also at ARN I passed immigration by uttering "från Helsingfors" - it helped that it was T4 (?) that had few arrivals and those mainly from Scandinavia
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Finnair Questionnaire on various potential service concepts

Have just been invited to provide feedback on a number of different service ideas what Finnair might provide in the future.

Copy-pasted all the service descriptions into a Word doc and attached it to this post. Some of them are really "interesting" and allowes a quick glimpse into what they are brainstorming on for potential additional revenue sources...

For each of the concepts I had to reply how interesting / valuable the service would be for me, and how it would affect my choice of airline. Additionally, an explanation for my replies in a free text field was required for all of these.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Finnair questionnaire.docx (18.5 KB, 124 views)
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Have just been invited to provide feedback on a number of different service ideas what Finnair might provide in the future.

Copy-pasted all the service descriptions into a Word doc...
Damn, I didn't realize starting copying them early enough. I got a different set of questions. Only 5 were the same as yours. There were some really good ideas, mixed with very bad ones... Couple of good ones that stuck and are not on your list were:
  • Customizable FF benefits (change out the ones you don't need and get something useful in change)
  • Cheaper (or free?!) flights when you bring a friend or a group (book a whole row or part of it)
  • Utilize frequent flyers more in innovation, development, etc.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:57 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
At HEL saying "från Stockholm" or "Tukholmasta" ...
Ah, -asta is the ending making it from. Lucky you weren't the girl named Asta arriving from Astana.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
H
For each of the concepts I had to reply how interesting ....
> Every customer profile shows the most interesting statistics....
> the amount of blueberry juice they have drunk

If this would be extended to salads, they could recommend rehab after a certain "tier".
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:40 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite

Copy-pasted all the service descriptions into a Word doc and attached it to this post. Some of them are really "interesting" and allowes a quick glimpse into what they are brainstorming on for potential additional revenue sources...

For each of the concepts I had to reply how interesting / valuable the service would be for me, and how it would affect my choice of airline. Additionally, an explanation for my replies in a free text field was required for all of these.
Some interesting, potentially useful ideas. If being prepared for security check was rewarded and this actually changed people's behavior... It would be nice. But even if most people did not change their behavior, getting some points would ease the frustration I feel when someone in front of starts to rummage through his/her stuff only after contemplating about it for a minute or two and letting a lengthy line to form behind her/him.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Nothing to do with AY but now when no need to fly for status and as LGG is a Boeing 747 -virgin, I just booked DY flight from OSL to NCE operated by first class and 5 star airline from Spain, Vamos Air (Boeing 747). ^

HEL-OSL-NCE 108€ and upstairs business class seat booked. I'm getting exited.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Nice!

"It is our commitment to you that you travel as never before."
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:24 am

Unfortunately OSL-NCE is only 2,5 hrs flightime.

But then back from NCE with AY and this solved also my problem how to get to ARN on next day.
So: business class award NCE-HEL-ARN with 36000 points and 36 euros. Two trips in business class and positioning to ARN solved.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:37 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Ah, -asta is the ending making it from. Lucky you weren't the girl named Asta arriving from Astana.
-sta actually. Nasta Asta Astanasta is perfectly understandable Finnish. Kokoo kokoon koko kokko might be difficult to understand for foreigners learning Finnish.

Last edited by TTL; Jul 4, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nice!

"It is our commitment to you that you travel as never before."
Not to forget:

In an eventual and for technical reasons, can be found in 55 Business Class seats with 2-2-2 and 2-3-2 distribution. In this case there is no bed seats but considerably more space and comfort resting in Economy, and is located on the lower deck.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:37 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Does anyone know exactly in what location Scandic is opening their "Scandic Helsinki airport"?
Text says in a LAK building that currently houses offices, and I can spot one such at Fraktvägen 3, immediately south of T1/gate 11. But the text also says "100m from T2", so I am confused. Any who knows?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:48 am

Text says in a LAK building that currently houses offices, and I can spot one such at Fraktvägen 3, immediately south of T1/gate 11. But the text also says "100m from T2", so I am confused. Any who knows?
It's TOKE -building and next to Hilton.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Does anyone know exactly in what location Scandic is opening their "Scandic Helsinki airport"?
Lentäjäntie 1, glass covered building where it says FINNAIR in Google Maps Street view

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.