MAN-HEL in J

Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
MAN-HEL in J

I can't find any recent info on this (Mods please delete or move as you see fit)
I'm doing the AY 938 in August.
What can I expect in terms of Lounge at MAN, and also onboard service etc?
Many thanks in advance
BK
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Euro-J service is miniature starter, hot meal, miniature dessert and drinks of choice, ranging from champaign to soft drinks. Don't ask for the signature drink "Blueberry juice" and you will be fine :-)
There is only one single choice of food but they are usually quite decent.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/information-services/at-the-airport/lounge-list
Finnair Plus Platinum members, Finnair Plus Gold members, Finnair Plus Silver members, Finnair Club members, Business Class passengers
Terminal 1, after security control, lift or stairs to the 1st floor.
Also http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/informa...ority-security

Onboard, you get the Finnair Europe concept: same seat as economy, but middle blocked (except on Embraer's), beverages, warm food and beverages.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
You might find more comments regarding the lounge on the BA Forum.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Numerous
If you intend to eat on the plane then it's best not to book Row 1 as they have clip-in trays that markedly limit elbow room. If not eating then Row 1 is preferred in Summer but can be bitterly cold in Winter.

Lounge at MAN is the Escape lounge in T1 which is OK. The BA lounge is in T3. Overall I prefer the lounge at HEL.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Row 1 on Embraers is significantly more spacious in terms of legroom when compared to other rows though.

Considering seats are not blocked on the Embraers, I would follow the seat map until check-in closes and seat myself to have an empty seat adjacent, over being seated next to someone in the first row.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY + Gold & A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Row 1 on Embraers is significantly more spacious in terms of legroom when compared to other rows though.
Except a few aircrafts (I think 2 or 3) : they have a few Embraers with own stairs that restricts the legroom significantly on the first row compared to the embraers that doesn't have own stairs. I flew OH-LKI from Oulu to Helsinki last week and the legroom wasn't that special. I asked after the flight if it had something to do with the stairs and the captain confirmed. If I remember correctly, OH-LKO has the same 'issue'. Other than that, Embraers are pretty ok on the first row.

-T

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.