Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
Got a very nice invitation yesterday from AY. Lunch and a tour of M/S Silver Spirit in Katajanokka next month. ^ Definitely going. Anyone else got the invitation, too?
hopefully caribbean tour
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Ahhh, yesterday night's AY1174 GDN-HEL was one of the best flights for a long time. First of all the scheduled ATR got changed to an E190 which resulted in a much faster flight. Landed like 50 minutes early at HEL and even managed to push back a good 15 minutes early at GDN.

In addition my favourite Norra purser was working the flight (he said he had been called to service from standby) which resulted in excellent service. Heck, managed three Napues (which was probably one too many ...) on the 1h10min flight and he would've offered more but I had to decline...

And to crown it all got a BMW ride at HEL too.
nordic, ffay005, SPBanker and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Took AY144 recently, and the crew absolutely rocked the midnight departure service for a Plat member. Better pillow searched for, found and delivered even though they didn't think they had any onboard. The CC taking care of my section clearly understood that I was hoping to get some sleep and indicated that this was going to a speedy service - and it was! Food orders taken on the ground. Meals delivered first, far far before anyone else. After eating, I took a look at the clock and I believe it was 45-50min from our departure!!!

Managed a solid 8h30min of sleep. Woke up 50-60min before landing by myself (requested no wake-up). Same crew member noticed immediately, asked what I wanted. Other passengers were already done with their breakfast, yet I was happily provided anything they had. Heck, even took my time washing up in the toilet, so didn't end up getting they tray until 45min before landing or so, but no problem at all.

Submitted some very positive feedback, and still in awe of the service. Wow.
Akkku and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I have been impressed by the Finnair phone service center (UK?) that I reached by calling the US line as well as Facebook Messenger service (when you indicate Agent to skip the chatbot).

The phone service center even called me back (wow) even when I didn't expect it (which is why I tried the Messenger service).

I wish some of this functionality was on the website (which it isn't), but slowly we get more information placed on websites.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Finally wifi has worked for me on my last 2 AY LHs (my iPhone never connected before that). Pretty nice to be able to read random crap from the Internet (in reality, just catching up on Slack mostly).
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:41 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Three rows of business this morning from HEL to AMS. The cabin chief came over to greet and chat about the departure time. And later the food was served individually starting from the sole platsku sitting on 3D. I felt special. Thanks!
Dieselross likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Called today to Plat line to get original routing credit / points for some invol rerouted flights on SK due to AY cxl. No wait and I was assign to very knowledgeable agent and call took 2,5 mins in total while she verified the flights etc. Refreshed the app 15mins after and the points were there. Great job!
ffay005, Steve_Hun and Dieselross like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Furry
Called today to Plat line to get original routing credit / points for some invol rerouted flights on SK due to AY cxl. No wait and I was assign to very knowledgeable agent and call took 2,5 mins in total while she verified the flights etc. Refreshed the app 15mins after and the points were there. Great job!
Sometimes my such email has produced a reply with denial of ORC but a call to plat line has always resolved the case. Sometimes not with the first agent but second at least
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Furry
I also called today and was surprised by the zero wait time. Agent was courteous, knowledgeable, efficient and last but not least, accomplished in the language he served in. A big change to the better, and deserves a well done!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Is it because AY is doign the "Tune of the Service" survey?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
I've had several positive experiences with Chat in a row. For a raging introvert it is super nice to get things sorted without any actual human interaction
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond

Ice cream with compliments
In schengen lounge with kids, head chef or similar asked whether kids wanted ice cream for dessert. First a normal lounge agent tried to bring the popsicles but the chef stopped her and this is what happened:

Service with capital S!
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Had a really delightful experience GOT-HEL-ORD in business. Kind cabin crew, food was good, flights comfortable and on time. Wifi service was excellent on my flight.

This year I've flown to Sweden on LH, SK, BA and AY, all in business class, and AY was the best by far.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by oopsz
Had a really delightful experience GOT-HEL-ORD in business. Kind cabin crew, food was good, flights comfortable and on time. Wifi service was excellent on my flight.

This year I've flown to Sweden on LH, SK, BA and AY, all in business class, and AY was the best by far.
Just curious - what made AY flight far better than SK flight? Comfort? Crew? Food? All of the above?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:45 am
Suspended

Pilot on AY951 30/6 made a really great and cheerful announcement which included some Danish music being played on the speakers Brightened my day a bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.