Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Just a quick note that I had fantastic service to HEL - JFK with return in the first half of April. On the return leg the purser asked me before takeoff to give any candid feedback I might have - and again as we landed. Turned out the crew member serving me was on her first widebody flight. I had only positive feedback to give and called her back to tell her it certainly did not show that she was a bit flustered by everything new to do and think about.

The only minus is the same old one: please please Finnair do clean the seatbelts and tables... they are terribly unhygienically dirty.
ffay005, mhle and napapiiri like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I flew HEL-DEL and the next day, DEL-HEL. Had the same crew both ways. They were very good on the outbound, and on the inbound I was treated like an old friend ^. I'll give an example of very personal service: while boarding was still in progress at HEL, I received several voice messages on WhatsApp. I didn't want to listen to them without headphones, and the J headphones don't work with a mobile phone, so I asked one of the mid-galley FAs if I could get a pair of Y earphones. Turns out she was actually working in Y, and was happy to bring me those earphones like a second later. Well, on my way back, during boarding, she came to greet me and asked if I needed Y earphones again. No voice messages at 6:30 am Finnish time, so I rejected her offer, but it was a very friendly and personal touch.

No signs of the old 'katotaan' concept at all. Food ex-HEL was good, service prompt and my water glass refilled regularly. I got my breakfast baguette on request, and heated up, with a smile. On the way back, the food gets no compliments but service was as good as ever, and I was happy to skip the second meal in favour of another heated tomato-mozzarella baguette.
mhle, SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
The only minus is the same old one: please please Finnair do clean the seatbelts and tables... they are terribly unhygienically dirty.
Have you noticed that the leather on the J armrest part is so worn out that it has turned sticky and tends to stick to your shirt / arm? Not nice at all. I've had this on three A330s now (could have been the same plane, but I doubt it).
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
Have you noticed that the leather on the J armrest part is so worn out that it has turned sticky and tends to stick to your shirt / arm? Not nice at all. I've had this on three A330s now (could have been the same plane, but I doubt it).
Yes And as a scientist I wonder what causes the buildup of stickiness... perhaps I should not dare to wonder.
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I need to add my recent experience of the same crew both ways (AY1/AY2). Already on the first leg this crew showed that they are the best that Finnair has to offer. Two FAs remembered me from previous flights, which usually adds to the level of service. On my way back, I was hugged when welcomed back and the service just could not have been more attentive. They had already planned what they would propose me to eat (due to some dietary restrictions) and when it turned out that I am not hungry, proposed to serve the dinner before landing. They remembered what I like to drink and how I prefer to have my tea. Glass of water was filled even when I was sleeping. This felt almost like a first class service.
ffay005, SPBanker, lkrt and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Oh yeah, i hate that disgusting. Everytime i get hot towel i wipe the seat belt and everything around me.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
even the ”new incredible”350s start to see the same. Onboard LWD now.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes And as a scientist I wonder what causes the buildup of stickiness... perhaps I should not dare to wonder.
I think it is some kind of ecological farming. Local produce is the rave today.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Originally Posted by Clydez
Oh yeah, i hate that disgusting. Everytime i get hot towel i wipe the seat belt and everything around me.
I always wondered if I am crazy to do this. Nice to hear someone else is cleaning as well :P

I clean the tray and arm rests and the table area. The arm rests can be incredibly dirty at times in A330. Should take pic for you next time.wiping with the hot towel gets the white towel all dirty
Old Apr 27, 2019, 7:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Rifter
I always wondered if I am crazy to do this. Nice to hear someone else is cleaning as well :P

I clean the tray and arm rests and the table area. The arm rests can be incredibly dirty at times in A330. Should take pic for you next time.wiping with the hot towel gets the white towel all dirty
I think a lot of people do this. Maybe start to publish these pics with #feelfinnair tag...

esledo and Pnook like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA silver.
I flew PVG-HEL in economy, with a VLML meal. As happens frequently (on every carrier I've ever flown), I received a VGML, which can be hit-or-miss. In this case the second meal was a complete miss, as the regular options were noodles or lasagna and the VLML was...steamed vegetables. With a side dish of fruit.

I asked the FA what the best way was to give feedback about this, and she kindly brought me one of the remaining vegetarian lasagnas, which I greatly appreciated as I had a connection at HEL and wasn't going to have a proper meal for several hours. Snack bars only get you so far!
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by intuition
I think a lot of people do this. Maybe start to publish these pics with #feelfinnair tag...

yeah start to tweet them, AY will PM you how much Pts to STFU?
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I am doing a rather complex, last minute trip from A to B and back to A. To construct this trip I had a combination of four tickets still missing one. As all interesting flights were steep, I decided to call up AY to see if I could book an award flight from A to "ticket 1". The available awards online were not suitable for my schedule and I felt the price for the one-way was rather steep. I fed the agent the flight number I was interested in and he promised to call up the other department. When I opened the app I noticed the exact flight even before the agent called back. Behold - the missing fifth ticket!

Well done, Finnair! ^
SPBanker, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
AY has made a wise mive of upping the shorthaul J menus.
Now the salmon starter was great, one of those we tasted in kitchen, and the main meat thing was surprisingly soft and good although usually meat onboard becomes just purukumi.
They even warmed my food late to the flight when I nicely asked.

I see myself more using points and vouchers for SH upgrades now with the improved service, even for 2 hour flights, which I never did in the past.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:23 am

Got a very nice invitation yesterday from AY. Lunch and a tour of M/S Silver Spirit in Katajanokka next month. ^ Definitely going. Anyone else got the invitation, too?
cistavoda likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.